PDA

View Full Version : Boredom is not an excuse.UPDATE>=(

Scejntjynahl
Nov 3, 2005, 11:47 AM
That is it. Enough is enough. And to the people that will tell me to calm down "it's just a game" well go read something else, exercise your right to NOT read on.

After a hiatus of unknown months I finally decide to bring forth my semi-retired HUcaseal, Scejnjtynahl, and finally get to over the hump of level 180. And to kill two birds with one stone I also decided to work on unsealing a friend's SJS (before you start making assumptions that it is a hack or a dupe, go look into your own souls, see that frightened little girl there . . . comfort her and leave your assumptions where they belong). All was well and dandy, I got to level 181 with the help of friend's HUnewearl. After that my friend said goodnight, and I stayed on to meet up with other fellow hunters. But as luck would have it, they were all busy doing quests.

So I decide to bank the SJS, and venture forth to Antares 8 and see if I can find someone that may require some assistance (I was in a Japanese ship at the moment). So as I materialize on Antares 8 Lobby 1, I see a speech bubble with a name that I have come to cringe and despise. A RAcast, that most of us have had the unfortunate luck of running into. And the anger I feel is beyond comprehension when I see that this RAcast has BASTARDIZED a name of Transformer character that I grew up admiring. We all know who, no need to spell it out. I desperately tried to log out, but to no avail, this Quintard (retarded x 5) of a RAcast fsod me. No reason, no rhyme, no explanation.

I lost over 800,000 meseta, 10 Trimates, 10 Dimates, 10 Star Atomizers, etc. Anything not equipped was gone. I was just glad I had banked that item that does not belong to me. Why am I ranting then? What is the problem? Why don't I get over it? It could have been worse you say . . . Yes it could have. But that is not the damned point.

The point is. I do not know this Factory Rejected Inbred Idiot. And he has impacted me because he is what? BORED? Stupid? Tired of using his mom's nylons to satisfy his urges as he watches exercise videos of Richard Simmons "Sweating to the Oldies"? That is his damned problem, NOT MINE. But now for whatever twisted reason he may have, which I find difficult to believe due to the obvious lack of brain cells, he has made it my problem.

You have now garnished my attention you poor excuse of a mammal, you are most fortunate it is only a digital world, I would feel some amount of pity if we crossed paths in the real world? no that is a lie, I FEEL NOTHING FOR LOSERS LIKE YOU. I would love to show you what I am capable of when I am "bored" you insignificant gnat.

There I ranted. But it does not quench the anger I have, but it is a start.

And I have been fsod before, due to technical crap on my GC and random events. This I take personally because it was a personal attack. It was no accident.

11/09/05

The idiot strikes again!

Items lost on my RAcaseal, Andronicus19:

Gi Gues Bazooka
Frozen Shooter (80 on Dark)
Akiko's Wok
Stand Still Shield
Twin Brand
2 Mags I was working on
And all other materials and money.

"Why wasnt all this banked?" you may ask. Well I was barely logging onto PSO and I hadnt been using Andronicu19 for a bit, so I wasnt sure what was equipped or wasnt. I was about to make a game to check and what not. The minute I set foot onto Mintaka 7-1 there he was... that damned RAcast... and bam... FFSOD (First f is an insult)!!!

I wish there was a way I could get even, Im tired of this bullshit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scejntjynahl on 2005-11-03 13:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scejntjynahl on 2005-11-09 08:23 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 3, 2005, 01:08 PM
Yea..I know who you're talking about. . . It's better to pull your cord the minute you see him in the lobby. Not wait for his character model to load up, but his name..which will load first most times. Probably has your card to(you don't know when they take it.). They don't have to know you, and they don't care they just do it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2005-11-03 10:08 ]</font>

navci
Nov 3, 2005, 01:59 PM
When I started to read this I thought "oh crap, Sen corrupted?"

I am just glad she didn't.
I sympathize with the situation. Ya, those bored kids need to be ship out to a third world country, or maybe to the army. That'd set them straight. ... or not.. *snickers*

Sir_Laguna
Nov 3, 2005, 03:39 PM
I think I know who you're talking about, Sen. I've seen this guy around, and I've also been attacked by him a few times before. I often wonder what the hell posesses those people to mess with those who are just minding their own business in the game. Now, I just stay out of the once-popular blocks for fear of someone trying to "revive" them, which I think eventually attracts people like him. And I don't remain in lobby 1 any longer than I have to.

It makes me sad that evading hackers like that jerkoff has integrated itself into the PSO experience the way it has. And though barely anyone plays on the GC servers anymore, they still get a kick out of damaging what's left of the community.

AzureBlaze
Nov 3, 2005, 08:44 PM
People like him have got to go.
I too know who it is that you mean, and have been hit by him before as well. People like this are the reason that other areas exist (because they are safer) and probably also the decline of the servers as we know them.

If he's not careful, he'll get his wish. 100% empty ships, completely cleared of any other player besides himself. No one will dare set foot upon pioneerUSA again and it will be closed. (it isn't making any money even now, I'd imagine) Always having your stuff/self in peril is no fun at all.

Last night, he might've. I had the dubious distinction of being the ONLY person on ep3 on a USA ship. The only one...so sad. There were a total (on all USA ships) of 8 people. Fools like this have nearly managed to cleanse the ships of all life and fun, and Sega has never lifted a finger in defence of safety. It is such a cause for anger because an ordinary person (non-hacker) like you or me can't really do anything, and anyone who CAN help, doesn't care.

Is the only thing to do, is have confidence that PSU will be 100% better, and that they will have learned from all these mistakes to make the future bright?

hyperacute
Nov 3, 2005, 09:58 PM
When I left the GC servers to try my hand at the BB version, this kind of malicious FSODing seemed to be all the rage amongst the social life deprived AR kiddies and, with the blocks fairly full, I could sort of see where they were getting their sad kicks from.

I returned to GC (what can I say, anyone who thinks the community on BB is better, take a trip to the official forums and despair) recently to finish levelling my long neglected HU and, surprise surprise, the AR kids are still at it.

Now, last time I checked, the entire US/EU server population would probably fit in my living room (although I don't have enough TVs, the missus might have words and the Atlantic is in the way for most of you) which kind of begs the question, how pathetic must you be to hang around merely to harass a handful of people.

If you're prepared to pay £5.99 (or the dollar/ruble/groat equivalent) per month to piss off, errrm about 50 people, your life must be seriously lacking. Some might suggest a psychiatrist. Me, I suggest suicide. But not on train tracks or off a motorway bridge, some of us have to travel to work and dislike disruption...

Mystil
Nov 3, 2005, 10:49 PM
To prevent any creations of safe havens from either of the current versions of PSO.

Scejntjynahl
Nov 4, 2005, 11:22 AM
Then there are the friends of such individuals, that full well know that they are a menace to others that say things like: "oh he is just misunderstood" "he means no real harm" "once you get to know him" blah blah.

I dont know who to be enraged with more, the Devil's Advocate, or the Devil himself.

Sharkyland
Nov 4, 2005, 03:00 PM
I get both FSOD'd on ep1&2 and ep3... it is obvisiouly wrong what they are doing and there is little we can do to stop them. I can whine, bitch, and complain about it all night long, but that's just a waste of time. If they FSOD me, then I wasn't too careful.

Usually error 102 peeve me off.

Scejntjynahl
Nov 9, 2005, 02:30 PM
He/she did it again. Updated info at the beginning of thread.

watashiwa
Nov 9, 2005, 02:32 PM
Only way to combat FSOD, at least the W/S type that OptimusPrime uses, is to either get an AR or use my firewall program. (Blocks W/S FSOD, Kami FSOD, silent FSOD, and lots more types.. All it requires is that your PC and Gamcube be on the same network.)

Back onto Prime, he's been reported by a few users, but I doubt SEGA will do anything about it.. also especially since he's gotten a few new serials.. all of which I have the guild cards to and would be glad to send to people to try to either A) Avoid him in the lobby and B) Prevent him from searching you. (He also has a AR code to steal your Guild Card from you if he sees you in the lobby, so if he takes to picking on one of you specificially, he might just FSOD stalk you.. good thing would be to block all his card #s so he can't search you.. he's got about 5, I think.)

If anyone wants his cards, you can also PM me and I'll send you all of them so you can block him from searching you.

(I'm also including Bones' cards in there because Prime uses his serials too.. and both of them FSOD people for fun.)

But, lol, I laughed because.. I remember what the other poster said, Prime being a crybaby about AR being annoying, FSOD and the like, then when he finally got his AR, he flipped the script and started doing the very thing he hated to everybody.. Hypocrite. ;(

Someone told me that he claimed ot them that he does this because he got corrupted by a double save FSOD while joining a game or something.. but even if that's the case.. I don't think that's any reason to take your frustration out on everybody else. Plus, I'm sure that frustration is long gone. You can't whine over something like that for this long.

Even though those two are on my auto FSOD list and I've corrupted them many times, they just keep coming back. They really have nothing else better to do, I guess.

You should probably pity them, really.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-11-09 11:58 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Nov 9, 2005, 04:23 PM
Can't really suggest anything other than what Watiwasha said, except to hang around some quieter areas (such as Regulus: population 3 >_>)
To take some more extreme measuers, you could always check you have your precious items deposited in your bank on offline mode before going online. That way if the little bugger FSODs you again, there won't be such a big loss.

REJ-
Nov 9, 2005, 10:39 PM
If it gets to the point where he has completely Bastardized the game, and Sega won't do anything about it, you can resort to hacking the network and corrupting the guys files and data, screwing his AR, then banning his connection completely.

Sega won't mind >_> they don't seem to care anyways. It would take some real skill though.

Maridia
Nov 10, 2005, 02:53 AM
Always do offline inventory checks before logging on. I guess it's a little late to say that, though. I was also told that until you actually made a game or something, whatever you logged on with was saved to your character and couldn't be lost. Something like that, I believe. I must have been lucky avoiding all these jerks when I was online.

I guess your best option would be to cancel your HL, Sen. I'd rather move on to other things than play in constant worry and paranoia. But that's only easy for me to say now because I've pulled myself free of PSO's stranglehold on my life and can actually play other things now. If you're still very into it, canceling your HL might not be an option you want.

Sorry to hear about your losses. I would assume you won't take remakes from people you know who have the ability to replicate things. If that isn't the case, I'm sure they could be replaced in no time, after such a senseless loss. If you dislike the idea, then you have my sympathies. Nice stuff you lost there. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Good luck if you keep playing.

Skorpius
Nov 10, 2005, 02:56 AM
On 2005-11-03 08:47, Scejntjynahl wrote:
"Why wasnt all this banked?" you may ask. Well I was barely logging onto PSO and I hadnt been using Andronicu19 for a bit, so I wasnt sure what was equipped or wasnt. I was about to make a game to check and what not. The minute I set foot onto Mintaka 7-1 there he was... that damned RAcast... and bam... FFSOD (First f is an insult)!!!
Are you sure all of you ritems are gone? From what I understand, you hadn't made the game yet, your items should still be in your character's inventory. And why were you making a game to check what was equipped? You CAN bring up your inventory in the lobby.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-11-09 23:57 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 10, 2005, 09:01 AM
The minute I set foot onto Mintaka 7-1 there he was... that damned RAcast... and bam... FFSOD (First f is an insult)!!

Yeeeep, he's got your card.