PDA

View Full Version : Family thoughts

Neith
Nov 3, 2005, 02:30 PM
I swear, this day goes from bad, to the worst fucking day ever.

As soon as I got in today, all Hell broke loose. I walked in on an argument between my mum and my brother, over some revision he needs to do. He freaks out, and goes to his room. Then all this turns on me.

"You have no social life."
- I would if my friend's social lives didn't just consist of getting pissed every day.

"Can you honestly see this relationship lasting? (referring to an internet relationship Ive been in for over a month"
-Yes. I know you hate me for it mum, but I don't give a shit.

"You need a job."
-Yes, I do, and Christmas staff are being taken on now, so I'm gonna have a look.

This one just made me angry.
"You should go out and meet a girl."
-I already have a fucking girl, stop acting like I dont. I haven't seen ANYONE around here that I like, everyone Ive tried with has turned out to be a psycho bitch.

"You won't be able to have kids. (the person Ive met is unable to have kids)"
-You think I haven't though of that? For fucks sake. I can now see my family's intentions. All she fucking wants is for me to have kids and continue the family name. Fuck the family. I may as well disassociate myself with my family's name. I hate over half of my family, and never want to see that filth again. The remaining half understand me, but now my mum wants me to find a girl. I really, really hate my family at the moment, I want to be no further part of it.

As of now, I act of my own accord. I refuse to take what my family say into consideration, and will do as I want, not what my mother would want.

Christ, I hate life.

Edit: title ediited for clarity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2005-11-03 13:31 ]</font>

watashiwa
Nov 3, 2005, 02:49 PM
Well, technically, you don't have a "Girlfriend". You have a guy who likes to pretend to be a girl online who hopes that, one day, he can have a sex change so that he can become a girl.. because that's what he feels he is. And there's nothing wrong with that, really, but what if that doesn't work out? What if he isn't ever successful enough to raise up the money for his operation? I s'pose, it really wouldn't matter then.. *thinks about that topic in Off Topic* As long as you love each other, right? =D

Your mother is just trying to look out for you. Remember, that just because your current family line is filled with people you hate and what not, that shouldn't stop you from having a family of your own and improving your family line beyond what they are.

navci
Nov 3, 2005, 02:57 PM
On 2005-11-03 11:49, watashiwa wrote:
Well, technically, you don't have a "Girlfriend". You have a guy who likes to pretend to be a girl online who hopes that, one day, he can have a sex change so that he can become a girl.. because that's what he feels he is. And there's nothing wrong with that, really, but what if that doesn't work out? What if he isn't ever successful enough to raise up the money for his operation? I s'pose, it really wouldn't matter then.. *thinks about that topic in Off Topic* As long as you love each other, right? =D

Quote for truth. XD

Honestly though. You all like to rant about how your family sucks because they don't agree with what you do. Because they are just being parents and don't want to you rot in hell. Really, families can be a lot worst than that. (check out Eclair's rant?) Or they could just threw you out of the house for not obeying.. and such.

Get a perspective. Parents nag, that's what they do. You should have built up tolerance to it by now.

Neith
Nov 3, 2005, 03:24 PM
You'd think I would have a tolerance, but my mum's never been like this. It's like her entire personality's changed overnight.

I've decided to just take it easy and try and keep away from my mum for a few days, see if her attitude gets better.

And yeah, I really don't wanna let the things Watashiwa pointed out stop this, I still want to at least give this a chance.

All my friends ever do for a social life is go out and get drunk, nothing else. Now, I'm not a heavy drinker at all, I rarely touch alcohol at all. I know what my friends are like after being drunk, and it's not a pretty sight. So yeah, Im not gonna go out, watch them all get slaughtered, then be the only sober one on the night. Some people might like that, but it's not for me.

Getting myself a job is probably a good place to start, can meet people through that I guess.

I just wish that people weren't bitching at me all fucking day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2005-11-03 12:25 ]</font>

rena-ko
Nov 3, 2005, 04:08 PM
your mother is a human too. she's moody too, she's maybe unjust too, and she tries to raise you to someone she can show off... can be proud of.

really, take what she says with a grain of salt. i mean, you realized she was pissed because of your brother and still take what she says seriously?
she has a right on an own opinion about your acts, the same right that gives you the chance to not follow her.

REJ-
Nov 3, 2005, 04:47 PM
By now, you should know that no-one is perfect in any way, meaning that the tolerance, the attitude, the actions, and the peronality of everyone is flawed. What makes you like/hate some people over other people is how your tolerance fits with someone's personality and attitude. Since you naturally dislike any sort of nagging at your opinions, you will dislike people who naturally nag at other's opinions because that part of their personality jumps at you. If you learn to ignore and accept what you don't like about someone, you can find out how nice of a person they really are.