PDA

View Full Version : Amplum throws it away!

SLON
Nov 4, 2005, 08:02 AM
Playing Endu, I had no trouble defeating Castor. The battle against the Amplam was a bit more interesting!
Turn 1: Amplum plays Flatland card. I deploy Dubchich.
Turn 2: Amplum deploys Hildelt next to me. I slash them both and Dubchich hits the Hildelt.
Turn 3: Amplum deploys Epsilon next to me! I slash Epsilon and Amplum, and Dub pokes the Hildelt.
Turn 4: Epsilon destroys my Dubchich. I deploy Morphos and kill the Hildelt.
Turn 5: Amplum deploys Gibbles next to me!! I take major damage this turn - things are looking bleak. I damage Amplum/Epsilon.
Turn 6 : Amplum deploys Mericus in the free square - I'm surrounded by Gibbles, Epsilon, Mericus and the Amplum. Now comes the fun bit! Amplum plays Meteor, reducing all characters to 1hp (hahaha).
My turn - I play 'Powerless Rain' on the Amplam, destroying his Flatland card. Now I use Roundslay to kill all his big baddies!!
In the following turns he deploys Delbiter and Chaos Bringer, but they are too far away to help him. With Endu and the Morphos I chop him up. Victory is mine!!

Edit -spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SLON on 2005-11-15 04:47 ]</font>

PJ
Nov 4, 2005, 08:25 AM
Imagine how hard Amplam, or any of the Ep3 bosses would be, if they had better AI.

Although, I bet ST purposefully dumbed them down, otherwise they would have been near impossible.

Alisha
Nov 5, 2005, 11:06 AM
i feel your pain

http://darkalisha.homestead.com/files/psopics/WTF_.png

hildelt + bringer + epsilon

Sharkyland
Nov 6, 2005, 10:55 AM
Hmm I can't remember my battle with Amplan much. I was kinda scared when all those big monsters were like 'hey' we're surrounding you http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FullMetal
Nov 9, 2005, 05:10 PM
On 2005-11-06 07:55, Sharkyland wrote:
Hmm I can't remember my battle with Amplan much. I was kinda scared when all those big monsters were like 'hey' we're surrounding you http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Is Amplan an online enemy or an offline enemy?

SLON
Nov 10, 2005, 07:39 AM
It's offline only. You will have to fight it after Castor/Pollux!

FullMetal
Nov 10, 2005, 01:41 PM
On 2005-11-10 04:39, SLON wrote:
It's offline only. You will have to fight it after Castor/Pollux!

Last night i beat the heck out of that boss ^_^
I cant beleive how easy it was.
i only used maby 1 or 2 creatures and some action cards with Rufina on it.
as for Castor i only used action cards with Rufina on her. my CLvl's on the game are i beat Hero side at CLvl 10 and Dark side at CLvl 17.
i can't wait to go onlin with this game and ep. 1&2 when i get it and a modem. ^_^

SLON
Nov 11, 2005, 07:42 AM
The Amplum is only a threat when it starts using the big Monsters, as I described before!

hypn0t1c
Feb 1, 2006, 04:34 PM
Amplum is only tough when he gets flatland early so he can drop big guys right next to you. I recommend always playing a deck with at least a couple assists when you fight the end battle, or else an early flatland can wreck you.

Glugmaster
Feb 21, 2006, 08:26 AM
Since Flatland is such a pain to deal with, I tend to override it with Dice+1s. The extra on ITs rolls don't help very much.

Defending with Guard and Weakness is an easy way to prevent his physical attacks, and you just need to be careful about ITs life regain.

However, the game counts IT as Dark, so a Dark Slayer will deal 50% extra damage.

Zarbolord
Feb 28, 2006, 07:27 AM
To add to all the fun, why not use magic? I used Ino'lis with clubs of zumiurian/wands, and puff can only block with dodge. I also had dark shield, so no damage basically. The only anoying thing is that it keeps on using meteor and the other attack. It never used flatland on me. So it was basically a wiz.

SLON
Feb 28, 2006, 07:54 AM
If you use Dice+1, it still gives Amplum the chance to put big monsters on the gameboard. How about using Assist Vanish instead? Immortality can help you a lot, too.

Zarbolord
Feb 28, 2006, 08:13 AM
Not really cos then his creatures are immortal... I suggest u use something like dice fever, atleast amplum won't be able to use the 6 and over creatures http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SLON
Mar 1, 2006, 07:38 AM
If his monsters are down the other side of the board, then it doesn't matter if they are immortal. You don't want to waste time fighting his monsters anyway.

Zarbolord
Mar 6, 2006, 12:24 PM
Yes, but they catch up. Amplum usually uses gibbles and epsilon and moves them fast, I've been attacked quite often, it's better to prevent than heal I say.

aclors
Mar 12, 2006, 06:08 PM
Hey I beat Umbra for the first time today! Man, you guys make him seem hard, but he was a piece of cake. Castor and Pollux didn't really put up too much of a fight. I used slight variations of the decks suggested in the guides here at PSO World and used Break in Arkz and Sil'fer for Hunters. I got an S againt Umbra!!!! And it only did two damage to Sil'fer and it's Crimson Assassin managed to do 1 damage. It used Flatland and Meteor various times and deployed a Baranz, Crimson Assassin and Hildelt. I killed all of them and still found it easy. And I thought I sucked. Too bad I don't have online capability to extend the game's life.

SLON
Mar 13, 2006, 07:37 AM
As Zarbolord said, if he puts Gibbles, Epsilon or Delbiter next to you, you are going to struggle. I think you were lucky with the monsters you had to face. See how you get on next time!

aclors
Mar 14, 2006, 06:54 AM
On 2006-03-13 04:37, SLON wrote:
As Zarbolord said, if he puts Gibbles, Epsilon or Delbiter next to you, you are going to struggle. I think you were lucky with the monsters you had to face. See how you get on next time!

Well, maybe, but I doubt they could have stopped me from quickly taking down Umbra, as it didn't take more than 5 turns for me. I doubt I'll do it again, as it would be impossible for me to get all the cards.