PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falz Technique Problems

Derek0660
Nov 6, 2005, 07:56 PM
I was playing Dark Falz with my RAmarl the other day (normal).
On the second stage (the one where he goes around the map in a ring) he would cast the Rafoie on me.
I heal w/Resta.
He casts Rabarta.
I cast Resta.
He casts Rafoie on me and my health goes dowm from the point from which it was before I healed.
It started from there, it didn't do the thing where it turns red and then drops, it just dropped from the point from which I was last hit.
He killed me twice like this, but I finally managed to beat him on the THIRD time.
If anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Title edited for clarity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-11-06 17:02 ]</font>

Rei-San
Nov 6, 2005, 08:10 PM
What i did is that when Dark Falz drops down to use the techniques I move to the side. The stategy is very flawed but I beat him somehow. That and I rasied my fire and ice resistans and made sure my Resta was at a very good level.

Forte1224
Nov 6, 2005, 10:32 PM
Bring a resist burning next time.

There is a flaw. If you look at the map when he uses Rabarta or Rafoie, you can actually see which direction it goes and how wide the radius of the attack is. If you can figure out the pattern, you can avoid it. And sometimes, you can just avoid getting hit since it goes zigzag. And it misses sometimes when you're close to him too.

whiteninja
Nov 6, 2005, 11:39 PM
The Rabarta attack can hit you twice with one move... some stupid glitch. It only rarely happens though.

It is relatively easy to doge Rabarta, just run perpidicular to Falz, and don't run toward the edge of the map if you are close to it. (or you will most garunteedly bumb into it, and then get hit, you need a good space to move)

For Rafoie... I have managed to doge it a grand total of 1 time. That was a complete accident too.

The Divine Punishement is dogeable though... It comes down in groups, so if you can cure the Slow fast enough and run to a spot, it might not be under group of Punishment.

Just bring 1 or 2 Resist/Burning and 1 or 2 Resist/Freeze, and make sure your Shield has EFR and EIC.

Kent
Nov 7, 2005, 04:10 AM
It's not a glitch that the mass-Rabarta can hit twice; you just get caught between two of them, one freezes you, the other hits you while you're frozen. It's been that way since the Dreamcast V1, it was intentional. If you can survive two hits from Rabarta in that fight, you're good to go, though.

Derek0660
Nov 7, 2005, 07:08 PM
Thanks, guys. That helps. If you have to get frozen to get hit twice then that's not what happened.

lol, the original title was "wtf?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derek0660 on 2005-11-07 16:09 ]</font>

Urban_Pirate
Nov 7, 2005, 07:36 PM
i leaned a cool trick on x-box live form my friend toggle teh joystick left and rightfats and you break out much faster i don tknow if it works for gamecube though it does work on x-box and i agree just run out of its way you can see its path on radar, oh and have a gun it helps

whiteninja
Nov 7, 2005, 11:53 PM
It does. Just go > < > < > < > < alot on the joystick as fast as possible and you can break out of Freeze in under a second... or use Cure/Freeze and block it to begin with.

Saffran
Nov 8, 2005, 05:05 AM
>The Rabarta attack can hit you twice with one move...

More like 7 or 8 times, but yeah, 2 hits are bad enough.

Urban_Pirate
Nov 8, 2005, 10:45 AM
On 2005-11-07 20:53, whiteninja wrote:
It does. Just go > < > < > < > < alot on the joystick as fast as possible and you can break out of Freeze in under a second... or use Cure/Freeze and block it to begin with.

its just i never found a cure/freeze

ShadowSonic
Nov 8, 2005, 11:20 AM
I second the strategy for running out of the way when you see which arm he lowers to fire off Rabarta/Rafoie. It's not that hard, and on normal the Rabarta/Rafoie radius isn't too long anyway.

As others have mentioned, having decent fire/ice resists or Cure/Freeze units helps too.

I don't think the former strategy works very well in higher difficulties when his Rafoie and Rabarta have much better radius. I could just barely dodge his Rabarta and Rafoie in Very Hard - I imagine it must be near-impossible in Ultimate (can't say for sure, never having fought him in Ult).

Zaphile
Nov 8, 2005, 03:40 PM
Sometimes you can even see the Rabarta's path on the map, I've noticed it doesn't happen all the time though. The Rabarta CAN miss you.