PDA

View Full Version : Online Mode

MEGAHAWK21x
Nov 6, 2005, 09:16 PM
I havent read much info on the online portion of the game. Will it be like PSO where your party walks around alone or will there be many other people playing in the same world a la FFXI?

Rion772
Nov 6, 2005, 09:32 PM
On 2005-11-06 18:16, MEGAHAWK21x wrote:
I havent read much info on the online portion of the game. Will it be like PSO where your party walks around alone or will there be many other people playing in the same world a la FFXI?

60 People per lobby, groups of 6 at a time, 10 groups max.

OdinTyler
Nov 6, 2005, 09:37 PM
And perpetually thousands on the servers at once. Lets not forget that. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

MEGAHAWK21x
Nov 6, 2005, 09:48 PM
So say I enter in a party of 4. Will we see other parties walking around the same world we are in?

Rion772
Nov 6, 2005, 09:55 PM
On 2005-11-06 18:48, MEGAHAWK21x wrote:
So say I enter in a party of 4. Will we see other parties walking around the same world we are in?

60 people per lobby, 6 people per party, 10 parties per lobby, so yes! you will see at the maximum 59 other players and 9 other parties.

vox3om
Nov 6, 2005, 09:58 PM
On 2005-11-06 18:48, MEGAHAWK21x wrote:

Wait so are you saying that it'll start out with 60 people in a lobby and then it will eventually become more? or are you saying that parties will be come much larger than 6...

MEGAHAWK21x
Nov 6, 2005, 10:02 PM
60 doesnt seem like a lot. I guess it's good because there won't be as much lag like games that house 100s of players, but I may only see another player every once in a while. I mean, 3 (presumably) massive worlds exist. What are the chances of me running into someone often?

Rion772
Nov 6, 2005, 10:09 PM
OH MY GOD!

OK LISTEN UP! when I say 60 people per lobby it means there will be no more than 60 players in a single lobby, not 61, not 62. When I say 6 people per team it means there will be no more than 6 people in a team, not 7, not 8. When I say there will be 10 teams per lobby it means if you have a full team there's only enough room for 10 teams, there will be no more than 30 teams per lobby, not 31, not 32 (this is based on the fact that 2 people grouped together is considered a team). GOT IT?!

You will see other players running around in the lobby, when you're team is full everyone else doesn't go invisable.

If you still don't understand you seriously need to either go to school 4 hours earlier each day and every day you're at school or take some english college coarses. Or pay attention in math.

Thanks much.

MEGAHAWK21x
Nov 6, 2005, 10:12 PM
Is there any place where I can read up on the online mode? I have a lot of questions like will they or will thye not have a clan system and how everything works. It'd be nice to be able to go to one page and get some more info.

Lovejuice
Nov 6, 2005, 10:13 PM
You are thrown into lobbies (apparently enhanced with shops and other things), to talk and meet with X amount of people. Like PSO.

You create or join a game, taking you to a generated instanced zone.. area.. 'room' thing, exclusively for yourself/friends. This is where you kill and such. Like PSO.

Rather than the limit of 4 people per 'room'/team as was the case in PSO, the limit is now 6.

It is not known if you can sustain a team outside of the generated 'rooms', in the lobby area (like, say, the way you can in Guildwars' towns). We all know in PSO you couldn't.

One would imagine that the three planets we know of in PSU act in a similar way to the server Ships of PSO. So, say, you have Moatoob, that would then break down into Lobby 1, Lobby 2, Lobby 3 etc, or something similar. Of course, that is purely speculation.

Rion772
Nov 6, 2005, 10:23 PM
Why is it ALMOST ALL of you Newbies don't bother looking at some of the topics before posting...if you bothered to look at sticky topics you would see a topic something like "So What Do We Know For Sure About The Game"

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=100993&forum=20&32

Please forgive me, it's just you guys are getting ridiculous...thanks.

MEGAHAWK21x
Nov 6, 2005, 10:31 PM
I did see that. And I read it. but it diddnt have all the answers I was looking for. I usually go to IGN but they don't have much there either.

OdinTyler
Nov 6, 2005, 10:51 PM
Rion, calm down before your head explodes. I know youre upset & I cant say I dont understand. Some ppl just dont want to listen. You direct them where to read & ultimately, if they want to find more info, theres plenty of sources in this forum for that if they take the time to look.

Rion772
Nov 7, 2005, 06:14 AM
MEGAHAWK21x, just look through the forums, read from the beginning.

Kano-Okami
Nov 7, 2005, 10:49 AM
As Far as online mode goes, my only worry is whether or not you'll be able to keep the weapons you get from offline as playing with Ethan or not. It would royally suck if you couldn't bring some of the better weapons found on the offline mode.

Dhylec
Nov 7, 2005, 11:12 AM
Kano-Okami wrote:
As Far as online mode goes, my only worry is whether or not you'll be able to keep the weapons you get from offline as playing with Ethan or not. It would royally suck if you couldn't bring some of the better weapons found on the offline mode.

I think it was mentioned that online & offline modes are separate. That's why you create char/s for online & not offline.
Think about the chance cheating if offline items are saved to use online. Look at the current PSO, even online only still isn't safe from hackers.

OdinTyler
Nov 7, 2005, 03:09 PM
Thats the real reason online & offline are separate. Not because they wanted to give us 'a true RPG experience.' Its because theyre trying to stop the hacking. I cant say I disagree with the decision of having separate modes. They should just be honest about it.

Rion772
Nov 7, 2005, 06:42 PM
I guess I have to agree, it would be unfair to take your offline items online mainly because offline is much shorter than online and you would be getting the weapons from 100 hours of online gameplay during your 40 hours of offline gameplay...

OdinTyler
Nov 7, 2005, 10:30 PM
There's no way in hell youll find better weps in offline mode than online mode. Odds are offline mode wont get as many upgrades (if any) than online would. Offline would most likely be rather static, where online you can play it more & increase chances of finding better stuff. That & being able to increase the power of weps youre working with.

Rion772
Nov 8, 2005, 06:31 AM
Do you really believe that crap? Look at PSO, every weapon you could get online, you could get offline. I doubt ST would change that, offline mode would be harder if you could only get the low atp weapons there. I'm sure online mode will have a few weapons you couldn't get in offline but come on, I doubt we'd get a whole new weapon list in online.

Lovejuice
Nov 8, 2005, 07:31 AM
Yes, but offline mode will most likely have a set level of balance throughout, that applies to dungeons and bosses, to go along with the story. Whereas online enemy HP/damage, hell even enemy numbers can multiply by whatever, and there will be equipment, and other player controlled adventurers, to compensate - I somewhat doubt that offline mode will come in Normal, Hard, V.Hard, and so on, difficulty (well, it'll probably have a normal and hard mode knowing them..). I'd much rather see Sonic Team flesh out the offline story mode than just rely on making us play it four times with varying degrees of difficulty.

Remember, that as the story of offline PSU progresses (worlds blow up, people die, blah blah), it's likely you probably won't return to certain areas, or are unable to backtrack certain parts, or you are just plain forced to progress, rather than sit around and grind for levels/equipment. If all the trailers and teasers are anything to go by, they are treating the offline mode as a whole proper RPG, unlike offline PSO which was just online mode without other people.

So while there is bound to be some 'ultimate' equipments (and possibly offline exclusive ones, personal equipment for Ethan, Karen, and so on), it's probably a bit silly to expect the same immense catalogue offline, at least until the bulk of story mode is cleared and something like the last boss only remains - especially when you consider how out of proportion with everything else certain equipment can be.

OdinTyler
Nov 8, 2005, 09:30 AM
TY LJ. Someone agrees with me. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Thats why Ive been recommending offline RPGs to you guys. Offline PSO is still very different from other regular RPGs. Like LJ said, its 'PSO without other ppl'. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zaphile
Nov 8, 2005, 12:27 PM
On 2005-11-08 06:30, OdinTyler wrote:
Like LJ said, its 'PSO without other ppl'. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hehe, and I used to think online mode was "offline mode WITH other people."

Rion772
Nov 8, 2005, 01:40 PM
Though it was said that offline mode and online mode will be the same except where they take place I wonder if there will be other elements taken from offline mode put into online mode?

Zaphile
Nov 8, 2005, 02:33 PM
I hope they have cutscenes in guild quest, lol! For some reason I just love cutscenes.. people in FFXI think I'm weird for that, lol! I think I'm the only one who doesn't hate watching the entrance scene for the Promyvion areas... but that's enough about FFXI, lol. >< I know there will be cutscenes in offline mode, judging from the movie clips.., but it'd be neat if they had them in online mode too for the quests. That's the reason why Seat of the Heart, Rappy Holiday and Gallon's Treachery were my FAVORITE quests, ever. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Rion772
Nov 8, 2005, 03:08 PM
I never got to meet this Gallon guy...I have PSO GC. I just can't wait to be doing quests online with my team, it's going to be sweet.

OdinTyler
Nov 8, 2005, 03:11 PM
Garon (from 1 of the earliest guild qsts) & Gallon are the same guy. Bad translation, I know. But, its him. Believe me, youve met him. LOL

Zaphile
Nov 8, 2005, 03:13 PM
lol Yes, I made a post on the PSO:BB official boards a long time ago, asking what's up with this guy!! He has three names,
Offline: Garon
Online: Gallon
people: Galdon or something like that

Strange, strange..different personas, to steal your meseta!!

OdinTyler
Nov 8, 2005, 03:18 PM
Actually its not different in certain modes. The spelling changed from Episode I to II. He was originally called Garon, but, something happened & he became Gallon. Stupid, I know. LOL I didnt do the later qst with him, about filming some movie or something? I just know that the dude is shady. That & I gotta get him 99 Photon Drops ASAP so I can collect some cool items. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zaphile
Nov 8, 2005, 03:27 PM
On 2005-11-08 12:18, OdinTyler wrote:
Actually its not different in certain modes. The spelling changed from Episode I to II. He was originally called Garon, but, something happened & he became Gallon. Stupid, I know. LOL I didnt do the later qst with him, about filming some movie or something? I just know that the dude is shady. That & I gotta get him 99 Photon Drops ASAP so I can collect some cool items. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Gallon's Treachery was an Episode I quest, so, I just thought it changed because it was online~

But, I digress!! Gallon, Garon, whatever his name is- he got us off topic!! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Rion772
Nov 8, 2005, 07:37 PM
What's everyone think of online mode so far from what we know? (I can garaun-god damn-tee more than 90% of you honestly like it the way it is so far, as do I).

F-o-x
Nov 8, 2005, 07:54 PM
I think its going to be awesome. Its going to be just like to good old days of PSO... only better with all the new stuff thats being added.

Rion772
Nov 8, 2005, 07:59 PM
On 2005-11-08 16:54, F-o-x wrote:
I think its going to be awesome. Its going to be just like to good old days of PSO... only better with all the new stuff thats being added.

And more difficult right from the beginning, a lot longer, a lot harder...

IT'S SO HARD TO WAIT FOR SOMETIMES!!!

F-o-x
Nov 8, 2005, 08:13 PM
Yeah I hate the wait... >_< I wish the game was finished and would come out tommorrow or something. I should do something to take my mind off it... like my schoolwork for instance. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Heh yeah... like that'll happen http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rion772
Nov 8, 2005, 08:25 PM
Schoolwork is nooo fun. What grade are you in by the way?

I can't wait to play this online, I'm not even touching offline until after my account is made online and I've played like 50 hours.

F-o-x
Nov 8, 2005, 08:45 PM
I'm a freshman in college http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I wanna do some of the offline game before I head online. Maybe an hour or two just to get used to 6 hit combos and the photon arts (Thats assuming we'll even get access to photon arts that early).

Rion772
Nov 8, 2005, 09:23 PM
On 2005-11-08 17:45, F-o-x wrote:
I'm a freshman in college http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I wanna do some of the offline game before I head online. Maybe an hour or two just to get used to 6 hit combos and the photon arts (Thats assuming we'll even get access to photon arts that early).

I'm a freshman in highschool

I doubt that you do any good photon arts and stuff in the beginning.

Zaphile
Nov 8, 2005, 09:41 PM
On 2005-11-08 18:23, Rion772 wrote:

On 2005-11-08 17:45, F-o-x wrote:

I'm a freshman in highschool

I doubt that you do any good photon arts and stuff in the beginning.

Ditto about freshman in highschool, and I think you'll have at least a few Photon Arts availible at the beginning. Does anyone know how you obtain new ones if you do?

Rion772
Nov 8, 2005, 09:54 PM
I'm assuming it's the same as upgrading combos, you'll probably upgrade your photon arts to make new ones or make stronger versions of your own.

Zaphile
Nov 8, 2005, 10:00 PM
Hm, well, however it goes, I hope it's not super complicated. >_<

Rion772
Nov 8, 2005, 10:04 PM
On 2005-11-08 19:00, Zaphile wrote:
Hm, well, however it goes, I hope it's not super complicated. >_<

There's a good chance it'll be complicated, for me atleast but I'll/we'll figure it out after awhile.

OdinTyler
Nov 9, 2005, 01:44 PM
Its going to be tricky at first. Having to teach yourself to use right & left handed atks individually is a learning curve, Ill say that. When I played, I had specials I could do with a saber or staff, but, none present for the handgun in the left hand. I just hope that you can have combos for each hand you use. That would already give more possible 3+ hit combos than PSO already has. Guaranteed when the game first comes out, we're going to be fumbling our way through the game, trying to get the controls. But, thats part of the fun, right? LOL