PDA

View Full Version : PS3 info..and some

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Sep 6, 2002, 11:46 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/news/804550.asp?0dm=C21ET

just thought u guys might want to check it out.. says a few things about microsofts second machine.. these are just rumors.. maybe.. only one way to find out

BWS-1
Sep 6, 2002, 11:56 PM
That's crazy, if things keep evolving that way, we'll end up, in 2 or 3 years, having a "next gen console" every 6 months -_-.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BWS-1 on 2002-09-06 21:58 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 6, 2002, 11:57 PM
'500 dollar Tivo inspired XBOX,' man would that be a financial bust. People have yet to tally high sales for the XBOX even just for a month or two really. Its launch was probably its peak.

Now they hope to spend even more money on newer hardware when the hardware business is not where the money is at. I read Microsoft is already 33 million dollars in the red right now for its XBOX system and support. They lack that mascot feasibility such as Mario and the major, major feeling that the Playstation has its grasp on the "pop-culture" generation and their parents. everyone and their mom owns a PS2 by the looks of things. Being the most powerful system doesn't translate into major sales. Being named the "Sony Playstation" apparently does. PSOne was less powerful than the two other systems it outlasted and the PS2 is second to the XBOX I think by a wide margin.

RuneLateralus
Sep 7, 2002, 01:43 AM
That...and Sony's subliminal messages...

Oh yes...why else would people buy so many systems...and re-buy them when they break down. I know person on his third PS2! He already has a Gamecube, but refuses to buy it for reasons of that he hates the Microsoft corporation (you know, the bullshit reason)...and it is not like there aren't any games he likes, he just hates Microsoft...

*this post is another one of Rune's sorry ass attempts to cause trouble...though the story about the friend is true.

Mazarin
Sep 7, 2002, 04:50 AM
I hate Sony. They hate their customers, let alone listen to them. I had a PS2 for DOA: HC and SSX. I didn't like anything else they had. So buy Christmas, I sold everything I had for PS2 for $100 over what I payed to a mother in a mall. She wanted it bad, and that was her offer. Thanks Sony! Due to your lack pleasing customers and creating enough systems in the beginning, I got extra spending money, and you got dick.

Anyway, Auto Modellista is coming out, and there a few other games that interest me(Freequency was awesome, I thought) so now I'll prolly go buy one used for $150.

"Microsoft sucks! They're a monopoly! I hate them, and won't have any part w/ their systems and creations!"

Are you running Windows right now? Shove it.

ginko990
Sep 7, 2002, 09:04 AM
No shit talk about Nintendo?

Lol and yes i AM running Windows, and you know what, I like it!

Ness
Sep 7, 2002, 09:34 AM
Winodows XP is pretty good. Amazingly, it doesn't have a many defects. ( or aleast the home edition doesn't). I bought a PS2 and I don't really know why. The time it took me to save up the money and buy one, all theses cool GC games came out. Xbox is starting to look good too.

RuneLateralus
Sep 7, 2002, 11:40 AM
The only bad thing about XP (and it really annoys me) is no DOS games can be run on it. I got some nice classics...like Ultima 8, Quake, and Crusader: No Remorse and No Regret.

Other than that, there have no problems with the OS what so ever.

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Sep 8, 2002, 11:26 PM
by the year 2012 video game systems will just turn into a home theatre entertainment system that cost $1200

"PS6 can play games, vhs, dvds, god knows what kind of media will be invented by then, can record TV programs, online dsl connection, dobly digital surround sound logic VII, de-flicker, fax, head set phone, comes with printer, mouse, keyboard, hard drive that surpasses the microsoft's product by 700%, can make popcorn for movies, walk the dog, and write up peace treadies to forign countries, and supports teleconnetic signals from your brain so no more controllers!!"

this is prollly not too far from the truth

BWS-1
Sep 8, 2002, 11:57 PM
Well, the closer we get to the peek of evolution, the closer we get to our doom. I bet that what will destroy us all will be the world's nuclear warheads' selfdestruction caused by the unbeleivable amount of signals generated by cell phones, radio stations, and probably PS6s too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Sep 9, 2002, 06:42 AM
"there are only 2 thing that are infinate.. the universe... and human stupidity"

DROID8
Sep 9, 2002, 10:53 AM
I am getting an Xbox mostly for SEGA games like Panzer Dragoon Orta (DROOL!!!) I have all the Panzer Dragoons on my Saturn and I wil buy ANY machine that gets PD games.

The Xbox is powerfull enough to emulate a lot of other game machines.
Look what you can emulate on a Dreamcast
http://www.consolevision.com

Nidarrock
Sep 9, 2002, 12:43 PM
I had read that on gamestop and all I can say is:

That may be the downfall of consoles as we know it.

I don't need nor care to have my next PS, box, GC or any other next-gen system as a home entertainment system. IT'S A GAME SYSTEM!!! I felt I wasted have of my money on the xbox and PS2 because of their damn DVD players. Put extra audio capabilities(ex. optical cables for Dolby 5.1) hard drives and modems. Go Nintendo for making the GC a stand alone console. I'm think I'm done now.