PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: Jammin' Out

Kano-Okami
Nov 7, 2005, 12:47 PM
Hey, This is a pic I worked on for my Basic Design final.
It took a while to figure out adobe but after a little work it came out ok..but it feels like theres something missing..
heres the pic
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/shadowwolfkano/aa79353b.jpg
Even though the picture is "done" it still feels incomplete..I'm thinking about adding like a band name in the lower right-hand corner, that should fill the negative space well..
But tell me what you think, it'd be greatly appreciated.
n_n

EDIT: I've changed the image to its final version

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kano-Okami on 2005-11-09 18:13 ]</font>

Kano-Okami
Nov 7, 2005, 02:18 PM
I'd love any feedback.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 7, 2005, 03:24 PM
Have patience there, bro. You posted fairly early in the morning (for a large portion of the forum's visitors, at least), so it may be a few hours before people start giving you feedback.

In any case, it seems that you've got a fairly thoroughly developed style going for you. Perhaps it could be built up a bit more, but seeing as you seem to have your proportions figured out rather well (including the hands, which I would suggest is the most impressive feat you've managed here), the only thing left for you to do is practice.

One thing I am noticing though, is that some of your outlines appear to be a little thin, and I'm wondering if it's because you painted over them in Photoshop? Assuming that you started with a sketch that you've scanned, in the future, I would suggest putting the outline on its own layer, and set the Blending mode to Multiply. This will make the white-ish parts of the outline transparent, while the lines themselves stand out darkly. Then you can just color underneath it, and it'll all work nicely.

And yeah, a nice band logo of some sort down in the lower-right corner would probably take up that open space rather nicely.

Dhylec
Nov 7, 2005, 03:24 PM
Kano-Okami wrote:
I'd love any feedback.

Please don't be hasty for comments. ;]
You know art is supposed to be looked at & enjoyed, so it might take longer.
Anyway, not to disappoint you, I'll give mine.
You have some nice idea for the chars to play in the band, something we don't see within the game itself. The pic is very colorful, which is a plus to me. It makes me wanna say "Disco"! ;]

Dre_o
Nov 7, 2005, 05:19 PM
I agree that patience is a virtue but I don't have much room to speak....^_^" Anyways, nice job. A band logo would do well in filling up the room but you're missing one other thing, a HUmar on steel guitar. Poor Humar http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Either that or a hot female lead singer...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2005-11-07 14:20 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Nov 7, 2005, 09:43 PM
I am not experience with graphic art computer related issues on how to make your piece better, but what you did is a nice work. I'm pretty sure if you had more time to work on it, you would be able to come up with more aspects to your picture (like movement, etc) though ify ou say they were posing, that's fine with me.

Kano-Okami
Nov 9, 2005, 10:44 PM
I've Updated the picture, thats going to be my final version.

Dre_o
Nov 9, 2005, 10:55 PM
No steel guitar? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Oh well....looks better now that the void is gone