PDA

View Full Version : what one do you guys think will be better

g00dman12
Nov 9, 2005, 11:35 PM
Im looking to get PSU when it comes out but to abela to play it im going to have to get a New PC or buy A Ps2 i think it would be better for the PC cuz i think the ps2 PSU ppl might get in to hacking and stuff and they cant fix it becuz there is no hard dirve what Do you guys think

Thxs Kyle

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: g00dman12 on 2005-11-09 20:37 ]</font>

Dre_o
Nov 9, 2005, 11:41 PM
Something makes this sound awfully familiar....Oh well, I believe PSU for the PC will overall be better because it will have better graphic capabilities. But convienience and cost wise, as in you don't have a PS2 or a good PC, the PS2 will generally be more convienient, due to lower cost and not having to worry about compadibility.

But none of this really matters if they have linked servers, but that's for another thread.

vox3om
Nov 10, 2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah PC overall will be better. I'm buying PC because I don't have an ethernet adapter for my PS2 and I also don't have a keyboard. It would cost me like half a years subscription to PSU just to buy those things haha. Also PC graphics are much higher. My PC is running most of the newest games...except the obviously most difficult one to run perfectly, Doom 3. I figure that if it can run Doom 3 relatively well...then PSU is going to be no problem what so ever...

Shade-
Nov 10, 2005, 02:11 AM
put the money youd'd spend on the PS2 into a new Graphics card, I don't think you'll regret it.

vox3om
Nov 10, 2005, 07:22 AM
Shade is right...a new graphics card and maybe 512MB would almost be cheaper than buying everything for a PS2...

Dre_o
Nov 10, 2005, 08:11 AM
Ok, reitterating what I've said four times befor takes time but, some people don't have a computer made after 2000, like myself, and they don't have the money to buy a $400 monitor and CPU set that will be comopatible. And I would rather have a built in controller than having to buy a $30 USB controller for the PC.

vox3om
Nov 10, 2005, 11:50 AM
OK this is the say all end all of this whole post. It doesn't matter...

If you've got the stuff to play it on PC, do it. If you don't, but you've got the stuff for PS2, do it. And if you are strange and have neither...just buy the PS2. A fair gaming PC costs like $1500.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 10, 2005, 01:22 PM
I think they'll both be equally fun to play (sure PC will have better graphics, but the game play on PS2...) I don't believe that hacking will be any worse on PS2 than it will be on PC. ST has said that they will try A LOT harder to stop thae hacking and cheating in PSU. You say PS2 will have more hacking, but where did hacking originate...PC! If you want to save money...I'd say go the PS2 route. Or maybe either if a new graphics card costs as much as an ethernet cable and a keyboard...

But then again, that's just what I say http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

vox3om
Nov 10, 2005, 01:41 PM
Phruit, do you know if its positive that PS2 and PC players will be able to play together?

Rion772
Nov 10, 2005, 04:58 PM
To my knowledge no one really knows the answer to that at this point. Maybe it'll be in tomorrows update, we can only hope.

g00dman12
Nov 10, 2005, 06:27 PM
Thxs guys im going to go with the ps2 becuz i would have to buy a new PC mine is just to old

Does anyone know if it might come out for the 360 later on next yr?

And + i dont see why they cant stop hackin If ff11 and stop it and WoW why cant they
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: g00dman12 on 2005-11-10 15:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: g00dman12 on 2005-11-10 15:32 ]</font>

Shade-
Nov 10, 2005, 06:50 PM
Yeah, hacking should in no way be a problem this time around. If it's cheaper to get a PS2 than to upgrade your PC to the point where it would run PSU well, then by all means get the PS2. There are tons of other great games for the system as well that will then be avalable to you.

F-o-x
Nov 10, 2005, 06:58 PM
I doubt it will come out for the 360, they've said in a few interviews that PSU is going to be exclusive to the PS2 as far as consoles are concerned.

Rion772
Nov 10, 2005, 07:13 PM
[quote]
On 2005-11-10 15:27, g00dman12 wrote:
Thxs guys im going to go with the ps2 becuz i would have to buy a new PC mine is just to old

And + i dont see why they cant stop hackin If ff11 and stop it and WoW why cant they

I agree, I really dislike the hacking...why can't people just be fair and have a good time instead of killing the game by cheating. I mean unless you've played it A LOT...like A LOT then you have no right to hack. I will be angry...really angry if hacking is allowed this time.

Kano-Okami
Nov 12, 2005, 11:11 AM
On 2005-11-10 16:13, Rion772 wrote:
[quote]
On 2005-11-10 15:27, g00dman12 wrote:

I agree, I really dislike the hacking...why can't people just be fair and have a good time instead of killing the game by cheating. I mean unless you've played it A LOT...like A LOT then you have no right to hack. I will be angry...really angry if hacking is allowed this time.

Well...hacking was never truly "allowed"..it was more of a sense that Sonic Team was powerless over the situation. They would block hunter licenses but the hackers would spawn new ones and continue their onslaught. Having characters saved server-side is a stronger safegaurd about the situation, so they can suspend the players on the spot.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 12, 2005, 03:29 PM
On 2005-11-10 10:41, vox3om wrote:
Phruit, do you know if its positive that PS2 and PC players will be able to play together?

As of now, it's just like Rion said. Nothing is really sure right now. We (or some of us) will just have hope that ST includes linked servers http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And as for hacking and cheating...It sucks! Why the hell can't those damn hackers just play PS the way all the rest of us play, without cheating. God damn LSODs!!! It's just not right to cheat...It's like Dre_o said, keying a brand new car http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Hackers=Fatty Suckers