PDA

View Full Version : WHAT?! AN FPS MODE?

Sharkyland
Nov 10, 2005, 12:49 PM
Source: http://www.the-magicbox.com
- Sega revealed that the PS2 online RPG Phantasy Star Universe will have a FP Mode (first person shooting mode), which can be triggered by pressing R3, and you can manually aim at different targets.

Ungh, I hate FPS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2005-11-10 09:52 ]</font>

Kupi
Nov 10, 2005, 12:55 PM
This... has been common knowledge for quite some time. You have to plant your feet to use guns in this way, so you aren't going to see Rangers running around and circle-strafing everything to death, nor are you in any way required to do so yourself. Calm down, man. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

PhruitBaskit
Nov 10, 2005, 01:15 PM
Yeah, if you kept up with all the PSU updates you would have known about FPS mode a LONG time ago. Seriously...That's really old news.

F-o-x
Nov 10, 2005, 02:13 PM
Yeah I'd acctually forgotten all about this. But hmm... do you think maybe we'll be able to do more damage with guns based on where we aim? Probably not seeing as this isn't a FPS but it would be kind of cool if that were to happen.

Sinue_v2
Nov 10, 2005, 02:38 PM
Yeah, certain enemies will have weakspots which will cause more damage to them than hits to other parts of the body. Sort of like how you could do more damage to the Dragon in PSO if you hit it in the head - rather than the feet. FP mode for projectiles will allow you to hit these weakspots spots easier - provided you're a decent aim.

rena-ko
Nov 10, 2005, 02:42 PM
i think i read that that was the strategic purpose of FPS mode.

Rion772
Nov 10, 2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah this is really old news like phruit said. I think we can walk slowly during FPS mode? It only makes sense because in almost every FPS I've bothered to play (Socom is a great example) you could walk really slow when you're in FPS looking through your scope.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 10, 2005, 04:00 PM
On 2005-11-10 11:13, F-o-x wrote:
Yeah I'd acctually forgotten all about this. But hmm... do you think maybe we'll be able to do more damage with guns based on where we aim? Probably not seeing as this isn't a FPS but it would be kind of cool if that were to happen.

In the immortal words of FPS_Doug...

BOOM! HEADSHOT!

Rion772
Nov 10, 2005, 04:12 PM
Sounds very familiar...I'll tell you a story about a previous Socom experience on my downtime for PSO (this weekend I'm playing...A LOT).

Me: Oh my god I no-scoped him in the head!

Other player: But he's still alive...

Me:...I wasn't talking about that head.

Dre_o
Nov 10, 2005, 04:19 PM
Very old news indeed, I just hope not all bullets act the same way (and I know excluding the Freezing Shot and what not). IE: Higher caliburs.

Guy- Oh my God! Their both outside!!!

Me- Boom! Boom!....Red Team has won the round!

Rion772
Nov 10, 2005, 04:56 PM
Since we're talking about guns here, and bullets. I think it would be cool to have some explosive bullets, and mercury rounds and stuff.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 12, 2005, 02:36 PM
Yeah, exploding rounds and mercury bullets (whatever) would be awesome. I think it would be cool to be able to buy modified ammo for your guns just like that. Like it would cost a little than regular ammo, but the effects...awesome! Mod ammo, anyone else like the idea???

F-o-x
Nov 12, 2005, 04:07 PM
That sounds like a good idea for the older models of guns that used good ol' fashoned lead. Maybe a certain shop would let you change the type of ammo you used in the gun, heck or even a certain quest. But I can't see different types of ammo working for your regular Photon-based guns.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 12, 2005, 10:47 PM
Yeah, it would be a little easier to use special ammo on those lead projectile-type weapons (like the Yasminkovs). And I would say that modified ammo should be available everywhere, not at just a certain shop or quest http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif As for photon-based guns...Change the type of photon, or something (???). Again, something that probably won't be in PSU, but damn, it would be cool!