PDA

View Full Version : Question on raising HU and FO mag

UltaDragon
Nov 14, 2005, 03:19 PM
Okay so I havent played PSO in years, and I was very good at the time. Now I want to get back into it just because. I found my characters were deleted so I'm like "Oh well. Fun to start over"

So anyways I want to get a Nidra for my FOmar that is Purplenum and that has blasts of the dragon, elk/dolphin, and pilla. And I want to get HUcaseal that is Whitill either a Rati or Diwari with the same blasts, whichever one is better. I tried looking up to see what to use but the guides make it seem like my classes cant get those mags. Can someone point me in the right direction or slap some sense into me?

rena-ko
Nov 14, 2005, 07:34 PM
first: you will want mylla&youlla for your hucl's mag.

then, writing a mag diet for a special kind of mag is something that takes half up to a full hour, so dont expect someone doing that for you.

however, if you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

a matter would be what stats you want for those mags. its actually more important than what blasts you're aiming at as the goal stats determine what classes / IDs you need to use to get the mag how it is supposed to be.

then it would be helpful to know what version of PSO you play. either cube, xbox or BB i guess.

UltaDragon
Nov 14, 2005, 08:03 PM
Hmmm. Well I guess my main question is how to read the chart. I've raised the Nidra before with ease and to what I liked, just have a hard time remembering how to do it again. So I understand that the mag must have a certain set of stats to evolve to those at lv100.

So what does it mean when it says that MIND + DEF = POW + DEX? Does that mean that all stats must be at 25 when it hits 100 or such? And if that is so, does that mean that I can't get a Rati for my Hucaseal since I would need some MIND which I would perfer not to have.

Also I dont get what people mean by class-A or class-C IDs and what not. Oh and I am using the Xbox version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UltaDragon on 2005-11-14 17:03 ]</font>

rena-ko
Nov 14, 2005, 08:21 PM
MIND + DEF = POW + DEX just means that.
it means you can chose to concentrate on mind OR def, on pow OR dex. both pairs need to equal out.

example:

45 + 5 = 30 + 20 -> rare evolution

in your hucl's case... 0 + 50 = 30 + 20.
however i'd advise against that. pick another class / ID to evolve the mag with instead.

like one that's like... DEX + DEF = MIND + POW. that would be perfect for a bot, since you can pretty much neglect def and mind that way. 45 dex is a nice number to get to, and 50 pow on the other side of that '=' is obviously given.

you just need to swap mags to another char to do the final feeding. in your case that means you have to have a second controller ready (for offline multi mode). just create any char / ID that would fit the requirements for the purpose of feeding and delete that one again (given you have a spare spot).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2005-11-14 17:23 ]</font>

UltaDragon
Nov 14, 2005, 08:24 PM
Ah okay, that makes life a lot easier. So it doesnt matter what blasts they have, just the stats at the 100 mark, char, and ID matter. So lets say the mag changes at the 100 lv and I give it to my main character. will the mag change or stay the same? And the stats still have to be balance as said so it doesnt revert to a different mag?

rena-ko
Nov 14, 2005, 08:33 PM
rare mags dont evolve ever again. so once your mag is wearing a yellow (or green) name, it will stay what it is (thus, v3 rare mags = 4th evo mags are to popular).

besides that, you dont have to aim at 4th evo on level 100. you can also do that on level 110, 120, and so forth. just be sure you dont accidently trigger another 4th (and thus irreversible) evo that you didnt want http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

its pretty much that you plan the mag according to its final stats.
then you see how you can bend the feeding route so it has the PBs you want (change the feeder / boost a certain stat first, then catch up with another, etc...).

as you might have figured, dex is easiest to feed during first and second evo. dont miss that point (start out feeding antidote for the HU mag, antipara for the FO mag for quite a while).

then, if your FOmar is a caster, he should have a pure mind mag. if he's a melee battler, he should have a hunter's mag (pow dex - like... 5 145 50 0 for example). if you dont decide on what to do, give him a good mixture or make him several mags that you swap around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2005-11-14 17:34 ]</font>

UltaDragon
Nov 14, 2005, 08:39 PM
I think I'm all set, there's just one last thing.

You said that once the mag hits the 4th evo its a rare mag and will never evolve again. How can you trigger a second 4th evolution when you evolve it at say lv100?

rena-ko
Nov 14, 2005, 08:41 PM
with 'another' i didnt mean a second one, but a different one from what you were planning. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ketchup345
Nov 14, 2005, 08:43 PM
On 2005-11-14 17:39, UltaDragon wrote:
I think I'm all set, there's just one last thing.

You said that once the mag hits the 4th evo its a rare mag and will never evolve again. How can you trigger a second 4th evolution when you evolve it at say lv100?

4th evolution does not mean if it evolevs again between 50 and 100. 4th evolution means the one that it becomes a rare/special Mag with gold lettering.

UltaDragon
Nov 14, 2005, 08:48 PM
Ah okay, all is clear now. I think Im all set to start planning it all out my mags. Thanks for the help guys.

whiteninja
Nov 14, 2005, 10:39 PM
On 2005-11-14 16:34, rena-ko wrote:

then, writing a mag diet for a special kind of mag is something that takes half up to a full hour, so dont expect someone doing that for you.I already have it done!

http://www.freewebs.com/anti-snarf/guide-ep1and2-mag_and_mats.htm

My mag and materials guide. All 12 characters with good material usage and a special mag to get ideal stats without slot items. All the mags have Estella (the dolphin of ownage), Pilla (the light beams of pwnage), and Mylla & Youlla (good Shifta/Deband)... I did include instructions on how to change them partially for some characters though.

Fomars can get any of the 9 special mags, and Hucaseals can get Deva, Savitri, Pushan, Rukmin, Nidra, and Sato using the instructions there.

For the Fomar, you can have Farla (the poopy snake/dragon thing) instead of M&Y or instead of Estilla.

There is also a special mag color gallery on that site that I need to get working on with the rest of the Booyaka.com snapshots... most are still camera shots.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiteninja on 2005-11-14 19:46 ]</font>

UltaDragon
Nov 15, 2005, 12:59 PM
On 2005-11-14 19:39, whiteninja wrote:
For the Fomar, you can have Farla (the poopy snake/dragon thing) instead of M&Y or instead of Estilla.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiteninja on 2005-11-14 19:46 ]</font>

I like to imagine it is a dragon ;_;
Oh well I think I might drop it for the twins or the dolphin http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EphekZ
Nov 15, 2005, 05:52 PM
with a Cast you will need the Mylla & Youlla(the "twins") pilla is the most effective PB and estlla(dolpin) is stronger and more effective than farlla(serpent erm dragon?)

If you would like to know why estlal is more effective is becusae with having pilla(which does basically the same thing as farlla but stronger) itd be pointless to have two PBS with the same attack.

Like I said Mylla and Youlla is a MUST

whiteninja
Nov 15, 2005, 10:58 PM
On 2005-11-15 09:59, UltaDragon wrote:
I like to imagine it is a dragon ;_;
Regardless, it's still poopy. Don't get it. Pilla does the same thing, better. (and cooler looking too)

Speaking of Pilla:
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/8181/pilla1ut.gif
Random GIF I made of Pilla!