PDA

View Full Version : Since everyone else seems to be posting these

trypticon
Nov 15, 2005, 12:00 AM
Last week I drew up an unimpressive self portrait. I messed up on it pretty badly, mostly in the sense that I drew the hand first after I drew the cards, and I drew it way too big, thus bringing my form much closer to the page than I originally wanted. I was interested in keeping my form far enough back that you would be able to see what you can here, but also see that the outstretched arm is holding out some cards in a fan.

Oh well, didn't happen.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/trypticon/episode%2011%20concept%20art/Adamsshowoff.jpg

navci
Nov 15, 2005, 12:27 AM
Uwa.
Dark stuff. :> I like. Looks a little dirty, but that sorta things happen.

Ryna
Nov 15, 2005, 11:19 AM
I like the look that you were going for in this picture. Having the hand with a card fan would have worked well in the context of this image.

Solstis
Nov 15, 2005, 11:53 AM
Really, only the face bothers me, nice otherwise. Grrr, I am hat and card man.

trypticon
Nov 15, 2005, 12:12 PM
On 2005-11-15 08:53, Solstis wrote:
Really, only the face bothers me, nice otherwise. Grrr, I am hat and card man.

Right, no facial features at all. I understand that this may detract from the drawing. However, everybody I know who has seen it has been able to point it out as me even without the facial features, demonstrating that the stance shown, the posture incorporated, it is enough to warrant in the spectator the essense of what I was going after: a forgettable face, but a recognizeable persona.

Looks don't matter, for the most part. It's the suggestion of things that matters here. A dark image, a visage clouded with shadows, a flourish, and the Heart of The Stuff there. It's all a very good semblance of the character I was attempting to portray.

Thanks for your comments, you three.