PDA

View Full Version : how do you get rares when you suck?

WhiteDisciple
Nov 15, 2005, 04:45 PM
My force can't really do much on his own, but when I'm with other people, they take everything from under my nose. How do still keep doing okay, but still be able to get items??

Tact
Nov 15, 2005, 05:06 PM
If you play with trusted friends, call stuff that you need. If they're trustworthy enough, they'll give it to you if it drops.

Otherwise, go for the tag (hit the enemy with something so you still get Exp when they die) and then "stalk" the enemies your friends are killing. If they die, it's likely your friends will have to finish attack animations before they can get the rare.

Note: Don't overuse the second method, this might get your friends over here asking how to steal items from their friend, the Force. And it'll annoy them. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2005-11-15 14:06 ]</font>

Tycho
Nov 15, 2005, 05:13 PM
I personally think using a more team-play-oriented character class is not the same as 'sucking'.. >_>
Just use the 'calling' system for rares anyway. Play with friends you trust, and share the rares before they drop.

ShadowSonic
Nov 15, 2005, 06:28 PM
On 2005-11-15 14:13, Tycho wrote:
I personally think using a more team-play-oriented character class is not the same as 'sucking'.. >_>

Indeed.

I play with a couple of friends who cover pretty much all the IDs in the game (minus Bluefull and Greenill) and we help each other out in finding the rares that we want, and we use the "calling" system to make sure we each know who gets what.

Alternatively you could raise some alternate characters to hunt the rares you want, but this will obviously take a lot of extra time and effort.

WhiteDisciple
Nov 15, 2005, 07:04 PM
All the friends I make on PSO tend to disappear right after I first meet them, and then their never on again. I have six pages of guild cards, and none of those people are ever on, save maybe three, and they're too busy to hunt with me. And stalking never works for me really. I go for the tag, then walk around the outside of the battle. (Bein a HU by nature, I sometimes go in for a physical attack by habit, but I'm getting better) When I see a rare drop, I go in for it, then just before I get there, WHAMMO, I'm knocked off my feet by some enemy that managed to squirm his way through the other hunters to get to me. Then the rare is gone. This has happened to me about the last 6 or 7 times a rare has dropped. I'm not even kidding. I did manage to get ONE rare so far on my FO (crush bullet) only because my companion was at the other side of the room at the moment. Then he started whining to give it to him, and I said no b/c it was my first.

I'm trying to get more PDs because I need Tech Barriers, but I keeping missing the rares because I'm so weak and get knocked down or killed when I get near them, and all the HUs get to it first. When I'm not knocked off my feet, boy howdy, my inventory is full. Which is hardly something I can help because I desperately need to sell stuff for money.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WhiteDisciple on 2005-11-15 16:06 ]</font>

Tycho
Nov 16, 2005, 09:20 AM
As a FO, you won't need rares that badly. Especially at lower levels it doesn't really matter. Just play in blocks that have some nice people (Hyp2? In any case, not Cronus 1), and you'll get to know some eventually. You'll be fine, it just takes some time.