PDA

View Full Version : A keyboard question

Davion
Sep 8, 2002, 08:47 PM
I saw, a few topics back, something about how you could turn an old keyboard into a keyboard that is compatible with the GC. Could I splice the cord from the DC keyboard with an extension cord for the GC, and have it work?

Shadow_Blade
Sep 8, 2002, 08:51 PM
That sounds like it would prob work but who knows. You can't really test any keyboards yet.

WraithAkaMrak
Sep 8, 2002, 09:15 PM
That sounds like a smart idea. Probably won't be needing the keyboard for the DC much anymore, and using an extension GC cord is cheaper than trying to use the cord from a GC controller.

Ziggy-san
Sep 9, 2002, 05:54 AM
I think someone also said that this method can severly f**k up your GCN or memory cards. I wouldn't try it...I just hope I'm not limited to that keyboard controller hybrid. Oh God, I cannot see myself using that thing...

gunome
Sep 9, 2002, 09:34 AM
i hope its set up like the DC where u could use a reg controller then the keyboard in port 2. and if they had the same camera funtions like on DC you could use ur keyboard/controller to take pictures, zoom etc. i hope that werks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sedyne
Sep 9, 2002, 09:53 AM
On 2002-09-09 03:54, Ziggy-san wrote:
I think someone also said that this method can severly f**k up your GCN or memory cards. I wouldn't try it...I just hope I'm not limited to that keyboard controller hybrid. Oh God, I cannot see myself using that thing...

No you have it backwards. if you own a GC that is modded the keyboard data runs through the toggle switch because of US/JP data. And with use of it over time can just fry it. "or so i was told" i'd suggest just purchasing a REAL GC KEYBOARD and not modding your cube. i'm probably cancling me pre-order of JPN pso because of this bullshit.

l337_h4xOr
Sep 9, 2002, 01:51 PM
No way am I going to buy that thing.

Davion
Sep 9, 2002, 01:56 PM
On 2002-09-09 11:51, 1337_h4xOr wrote:
No way am I going to buy that thing.

Same here. That's why I was hoping that I could use my DC's. I will buy a third party keyboard instead if one comes out.

CronoEBM
Sep 9, 2002, 03:12 PM
I accually like the hybrid.

l337_h4xOr
Sep 9, 2002, 03:15 PM
my problem with the hybrid is that it is the only choise. I have enough issues with the GCN's Jelly bean Buttons, the chicklet keys dont help the situation...

Atmas
Sep 9, 2002, 03:31 PM
I think the keybroad/controller is a good idea. It will porbably take a little getting use to extra distance that your hands would be apart, but other than that it will save me from buying another controller and a keybroad seperatly(less wires also).

l337_h4xOr
Sep 9, 2002, 03:56 PM
On 2002-09-09 13:31, Atmas wrote:
I think the keybroad/controller is a good idea. It will porbably take a little getting use to extra distance that your hands would be apart, but other than that it will save me from buying another controller and a keybroad seperatly(less wires also).

Except for the fact that it costs $60 and a regular Keyboard you be about $20.
Also you won't be spared any wires. The Hybrid takes up two controller slots.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1337_h4xOr on 2002-09-09 13:59 ]</font>

Atmas
Sep 9, 2002, 04:15 PM
Oh,I didnt realize it took up two slots my bad.

merlin
Sep 9, 2002, 04:49 PM
It really isn't worth voiding your warranty just to "try something".

The keyboards are going to be inexpensive enough that there's no need to create one.

I was reading the new issue of EGM and as far as PSO Cube is concerned, the hybrid MAY NOT be the only option either. Apparently a 3rd party manufacturer is claimed to be making the only hybrid that will now be available, leaving the idea that a separate keyboard might be available from Nintendo. It only makes sense to offer both options. I hope that they do.

BaronLaw
Sep 9, 2002, 10:42 PM
On 2002-09-09 07:53, SedyneX930 wrote:
if you own a GC that is modded the keyboard data runs through the toggle switch because of US/JP data. And with use of it over time can just fry it. "or so i was told" i'd suggest just purchasing a REAL GC KEYBOARD and not modding your cube. i'm probably cancling me pre-order of JPN pso because of this bullshit.

Can anyone here confirm this ? Using the GameCube Keyboard-Controller will damage a modified GameCube with extended use ? Or is it merely the use of a non-GC keyboard that will harm a modified GameCube ?

I haven't read or heard anything about any potential dangers when using a GC-controller keyboard or non-GC keyboard with modified GameCubes.

BaronLaw

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-09-09 20:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-09-09 20:46 ]</font>

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Sep 9, 2002, 11:21 PM
Personally, I can go either way. I would probrably favor a seperate keyboard due to the fact that it'd be cheaper. But I can also deal with the Hybrid. The Hybrid can actually be a good idea, none of us have actually held one so we can't really even say things with any real ground.

Also, whats this I hear about using the Keyboard Hybrid might harm a Modded GC. Just how is it possible and what is the source. The Controlller isn't even out yet.