PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Shinobu's Journal (Entries 1-6)

shinobu_seta
Nov 17, 2005, 12:27 AM
Thank you for checking this thread. I would now like to present my Fan Fiction project from the past year, titled Shinobu's Journal.

The story is essentially about the life of Shinobu as she grows from a sensitive young girl to a seasoned Hunter and beyond. The timeline takes place some time after Episode 2 but before episode 4, though you will see some early evidence of ARKZ operations from episode 3.

The entries aren't terribly long and some of them are illustrated by BlueLikeKurt. 70 are available on our webpage now. We hope you enjoy them.

ENTRY 1:

Dear Diary,

I'm not quite sure how to begin this, so I'll just introduce myself. My name is Shinobu Seta, I'm 4 years old, though my body resembles that of a 17 year old human girl. I'm the first born Newman child of Tobius and Lilian Seta, both Forces. I'm sure they were pretty surprised when my status report came back telling them I'd be a hunter.

Today was my birthday, so I got to visit home in the residential area and see Mom and Dad. You were one of my presents! That's why I'm writing in you now, Daddy said that it would be a good idea to keep track of my progress. Momma agreed, but I think Mamoru thought it was silly. I was really surprised to see Mamoru at my parent's house. It was strange, I'll tell you why...

Mamoru is my personal instructor. He's a tall hunter with long silver hair and distant blue eyes, almost like he's always thinking about something else. Every student at the academy is assigned a higher level hunter to guide them once they reach my level. The principal feels that at this age, there has been enough study and it is time for some real action! I agree somewhat, but I miss studying too... Anyway, until my birthday party, I never thought of Mamoru as anything more than a teacher, but after that, I realized that he's a close friend of the family. Maybe that was why I was paired with him...

Daddy told me that at one point both he and Momma did some training under Mamoru! I had no idea he was that much older than them, he looks so young. Daddy told me that he's part newman, so it makes sense that he looks so young. He doesn't have long pointy ears, though... Anyway, they told me that they learned their hand to hand combat skills from Mamoru, and their magic instruction came from a lady named Presea.

It was fun hearing about their old stories and adventures. It was kind of weird how Mamoru called Daddy "Toby" all the time. I thought that Toby was Mom's pet name for Tobius. When I tried to call Daddy Toby they all shot me glares... The party was still fun though, and I got lots of neat stuff.

Daddy gave me this digital journal (you ) and a DB's SABER.

Momma got me all of the basic level Disks and a cute pink battle suit.

Mamoru gave me a big ol' Mag called an Asparas. I was blown away at it's size. "I know it's big and clunky, but it'll give you more than enough of a power boost to wield that sword your father gave you" he said.

"Isn't that the Mag you trained us with?" Momma asked.

Mamoru nodded and then she got all sentimental over it, telling me that I'd better not break it, or use it's photon blast too much. She's crazy sometimes, but I love her.

That was it for my birthday though, tomorrow I start my first day of physical combat training with Mamoru. I'm not so nervous about it now that I know his connection to my parent's past. Wish me luck! I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

Until then,
`Shinobu

http://swvanime.250free.com/entry1.jpg

ENTRY 2:

Dear Diary,

Training is hard! We'd read about the forest a lot in school, about the climate and the flora and fauna. The forest was a beautiful place, but I had no idea it would be so hot! Maybe it was from Momma's battle suit she got me, and the fact that we were running so fast for so far. Even with Mamoru's Asparas equiped I could hardly carry Daddy's sword.

"Just keep swinging, every time you do it'll feel more and more comfortable. Eventually it'll be as light as a feather" Mamoru said.

I don't know about that, my arms are still numb from that thing. I thought Mamoru would be an easier teacher from what I saw at the party last night, but I misjudged. I asked him if he would use Resta on me so I wouldn't have to take the Monomate and he got mad.

"You have to get used to it, because you never know when you'll find yourself without TP. The mates are good for you, and you shouldn't count them out of your arsenal."

I hate the way they feel though when it shoots through your body. It's so fast and cold...it heals you all right, but it just feels so alien. He also made me kill every enemy that came into our attack zone. Basically all he did was monitor my technique and make sure I was performing to standard. I would like to see him fight sometime though, I wonder if he ever has to struggle?

By the end of the day it started to rain. More meaner looking Boomas started to appear then too. I hate Boomas....they look so enraged and you can feel the heat of their breath from a mile off. Their fur always smells like poop too... Their meat is tough, and I could feel it making me stronger the more I had to fight. I don't like to kill things, but Mamoru says it's the only way we can purge the mutated creatures from Ragol. We still don't know the cause of them, why they're so freaky and tormented looking, or why they're so hostile.

The sun was going down, and I could barely move my limbs. "Let's check your level" Mamoru said. I looked at my wrist monitor and it said level 8! I was so happy! He was pleased too, and said that we could call it a day. "Tomorrow we're going to hunt a dragon though" ...

We parted ways and then I decided to go hang out for a while in the student lobby. I was nervous to meet everyone, I'm not good with strangers. There are quite a few loud and rude students in the lobbies after school hours, but it's fun none the less.

Right now I'm back in my room. There's another side with another bed for another student, but they've still not put anyone in here with me yet, so it does get kinda lonely sometimes. *sigh* I think I'll go over my text book for a little while and then go ahead and get in the bed. I need sleep for my next session with Mamoru tomorrow

Until next time,
~Shinobu

http://swvanime.250free.com/entry2.jpg

ENTRY 3:

Dear Diary,

Today's training went by a lot smoother than yesterday. We fought through the forest again, and I had a new confidence that made the boomas a piece of cake. Mamoru was impressed, but my real test was the dragon. Earlier in the day Mamoru had started tracking it's signal and discovered that it had made it's home in one of the old domes to the west. We trekked in that direction for an hour or so and finally found a way inside.

I was shocked! I freaked out, I dropped my weapon, I cried. Mamoru helped me get it together though. He grabbed the front of my shirt and pulled me to my feet, "get it together! You can do it, you're better than this!" he yelled, and then tossed me in the general direction of the dragon. (gee thanks... )

The way it moved, it seemed like it couldn't see me because I was so short. I went straight for it's legs, trying to cut it's ham string. We read in school that the best way to take down a dragon was from the bottom up, to take out it's legs and then strike the head. Who ever wrote our text books knew what they were talking about!

Mamoru just kind of watched as the dragon fell and then I went for the head. Eventually I caused enough blows kill the beast. He later said that it looked like I had becomed enraged, although I don't remember it.

I got two more level ups, putting me at 10! Tomorrow Mamoru said that I was ready to head into the lower caves of Ragol. He wouldn't guide me any longer, but instead he would monitor me closely from the Control Center.

"Fighting with me there is one thing, but you also have to find your own confidence too. That's something only you can do by yourself." he said.

After training was over we headed to the lobby to relax and discuss my performance. I got to meet one of Mamoru's good friends, Chibiusa, a Newman Force. She's really cute and really tiny. She wears her hair similar to mine, pink and in high pony tails. She wears a tiny purple FOnewearl dress and resembles a 5 to 7 year old human girl.

After that Mamoru and Chibiusa left together to Ragol. I can only imagine what kind of beasts they fight at their level. It's strange though that Mamoru still fights. A lot of Hunters become instructors in order to get out of fighting. The principal government dictates that we must always fight because of our superior genes, so teaching others to fight would be the only way out of actually fighting yourself, I guess. Mamoru chooses to continue fighting though. I wonder what he is searching for or what he seeks to accomplish. Maybe I'll ask him one day if I have the courage.

Time to go, until tomorrow!

Until then,
`Shinobu

http://swvanime.250free.com/entry3.jpg

I'll post more here at a later time, but if you want to read on, you can find more entries at http://www.pso-diaries.com/shinobus_journal.html

I know it's a lot to read, but I think if you give it all a chance, you'll be really entertained ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shinobu_seta on 2005-11-22 18:30 ]</font>

bluelikekurt
Nov 19, 2005, 04:03 PM
Bump!

You know I love your journal. But I guess I have a bit of a biased POV. As long as you keep writing it, I'll keep drawing.

Wuv you *smooch*

EphekZ
Nov 19, 2005, 04:26 PM
Ive read that at your website (well the first part) and I like it alot. I would say keep it up but well..you've done alot already =D but just becuase I can Keep it up!

P.S the art gallery is very nice too

Sharkyland
Nov 19, 2005, 07:46 PM
I remember reading your journal quite some time ago too, is this a rewrite, I can't remember anymore.

shinobu_seta
Nov 22, 2005, 09:29 PM
Thank you very much for the compliments! I'm glad everyone's enjoyed it so far.

It's actually the same story, but it's been refined a bit since I originally started a year ago. Nothing really important has changed, just a few things about Newman's here and there and some things to make the time lines make sense.

Now for the next few entries:

ENTRY 4

Dear Diary,

My training was canceled today... When I went to meet Mamoru, he was dressed in some heavier sort of armor and he acted much more serious. He told me that we'd have to cancel it today because he recieved some orders from the principal government. Being a student, I know I'm not supposed to know about things like that, but I'm hoping he'll tell me about it later anyway.

I was too nervous to go train by myself for some reason, so I went back to my dorm room and studied. I know being a hunter calls for me to know more physical combat, but Momma's magic books are so interesting! I can do all of the spells she gave me on my birthday now, but I know I'll never be as amazing as she is at them.

I got to talk to Mom on the communicator the other day. I asked her more about everyone's past. I learned of a messy love triangle between her, Mamoru, Daddy, and the lady named Presea......wouldn't that be a love square? It seems that when they were all young and in training, Dad had taken a heavy crush over Presea and Mom was in love with Mamoru. She doesn't know if their trainer's feelings were mutual or not, but she did tell me that Mamoru and Presea were very much in love! That sounded to me like it would be a very painful thing to accept. She said, "well honey, it was....until I met your father." One day Mamoru and Presea were called on assignment and had to leave for a few days, leaving them with nothing to do. One really late night, neither could sleep and they bumped into each other in the student dormitory lobby by chance.

"Tobius looked so sad and longing....I guess I was too. He lacked all sorts of confidence because of his thing for Presea. He was so intelligent and handsome though, I wondered if I could ever make him see it."

She said they talked for hours and hours, until the sun come up! Eventually in the early hours, Dad got up enough courage to ask her out on a Date. Way to go! I'll bet I sound silly cheering on the past....I can't help it, if I don't, I wouldn't be here!

I still don't know much about Presea though. Mom said she would show me a picture the next time I visit. I don't know why she just doesn't send it through digital wave to me. "Hush...you know me and those technical things don't get along" she says.

Their story put me in such a nostalgic mood for some reason. I thought I would wander the dorms and try to find the spot where they met. Unfortunately, she never told me where that was, and this plays is huge! I did meet Chibiusa wandering around though. She looked like she had been doing some fighting of her own. Maybe that's why she was up so late. We went over to one of the observation windows to look out over Ragol. We talked for a long time.... about the school, the training, and about the government.

There have been rumors circulating recently about an uprising against the government. I've even heard things while in school about people joining some kind of faction to stir trouble. I know that some people don't trust the government, sometimes I don't myself, but have enough people gathered to try and make a difference like that? I'm not sure where I stand on the whole thing, but I know that I feel safe if Mamoru is on the job.

Thinking about the possibility of a war made me a little nervous, and I thought that I should be training more. It was late, and I needed enough rest in case Mamoru would be able to take me to the Caves tomorrow. Sorry for cutting things short Chibiusa!

I've gotta get stronger!

Until then,
`Shinobu

ENTRY 5

Dear Diary,

I still havn't heard from Mamoru, I'm getting kind of worried. I got somewhat of a message, telling me to meet someone at the teleporter to the caves. I think it was from Mamoru, but I'm not so sure. I thought maybe he was in a hurry to send me the message, and that's why it lacked important details. When I arrived, Mamoru was nowhere to be found though, instead, there was a creepy black HUcast with a tail...

"It's time for you to challenge the caves....your instructor has delayed you long enough."

His voice was so deep and raspy, it gave me the chills. I couldn't do much else but just nod. Somehow I felt that Mamoru had something to do with this though, otherwise I wouldn't have agreed to any of it.

The caves are really nothing like what was described in our text books. They're much more hot, the gases are much stronger, almost to the point that my burning nose was going to make me cry.

My new HUcast friend was a big help in getting me used to the sharks. He didn't say much, but his tactics in facing them made me realize that they weren't so tough. I held my ground and tried to show as much strength as I would for Mamoru.

I don't know where this HUcast came from, his fighting style was much different than anything taught to us in school too. He was also lacking a Mag and had a tail.....or maybe the tail counted as his Mag? I'm not sure, I'm confusing myself again >.<

The deeper caves were much more pleasant. They were more damp, had a cooler temperature, and I was surprised to see that there was even some lush vegitation poking up through various patches on the walls. Strangely enough, the same creatures that endured the smothering heat of the upper caves were able to thrive here as well. The evil Sharks and Grass Assassins scare me the most. Why can't there be anything cute like Rappies down there?

The final area of the caves had the touch of man added to it. I could see the remains of our machines all over the walls. Could this be nearing the enterance to the mines? I've heard that we've mined on Ragol, but what ever for? And why havn't they directly told the public? Is this HUcast taking me to the mines?

"This is as far as we go... your instructor will finish this training on a later date."

I was confused, but just then he created a Telepipe. I told him, "I'm not going back to Pioneer 2 after coming this far!" He didn't agree with my stand though and grabbed the front of my shirt and tossed me inside.

Somehow when I arrived back at town, he was able to close the pipe from his side. I don't know who that HUcast is, but he certainly is rude. Maybe Mamoru can explain things when he gets back...if he's coming back. No! I can't talk like that. I have to believe that there's not a war going on. How could that be on our peaceful star ship? It just can't be. I'm sure Mamoru is just doing some mercenary work or something. I'll hear about it when he gets back.

Until tomorrow Diary. I'm going to study a bit in my room and hopefully Mamoru will return in the morning to continue my training. I'm worried.

`Shinobu

ENTRY 6

Dear Diary,

Mamoru finally came back! I was really getting worried. He looked really tired when he met me in the student lobby last night. He said that during the weekend he would be off duty, so we could go and finish the basics of my training. "Off duty" ... does that mean there really is a war going on? I don't want to think about that right now.

He did tell me that he was assigned with a team of younger hunters that had just graduated from the academy here. "They're good kids, and they all have their strong points...I'd like to see if I could get you out there though, Shinobu" he told me.

"What do you need a team for though? What are you up to?"

"I can't tell you the full details now...maybe when I can trust you a bit more....but we're moving in teams and using the new C.A.R.D. combat system. It's a new technology developed by the government, which takes raw photon energy from...say....a saber and compresses it into a photon card."

That confused me all right, but he went ahead and showed me one of the cards. "Here...you don't have the equipment on you to bring out the power of the card, so I guess you can have this one. And please don't show it to any of your friends."

"Wow, a Rappie!"

I guess he somehow knew that my favorite animal was a Rappie. The card itself is really thin and metallic, and it has all kinds of numbers and parameters on it. I really don't get it >.< Anyway, Mamoru told me that I couldn't show anyone at all, not even you, so I'll just scan the cool image of the Rappie that's on the card. I'm kind of hurt that he doesn't trust me that much, but maybe I'll gain that eventually. I wouldn't want to cost him his job or anything >_< Even if my friends saw it, they'd just think it was a silly kid's card game anyway.

"We don't use beasts ourselves in combat though, I confiscated that from one of our enemies. Somehow they had used our same technology to compress the photon energy of animals rather than weapons and items."

I'm still confused.... @.@;

Anyway, I think we're going to train some in the morning. I told him about the weird HUcast, but he didn't have much to say about it. "Yeah, I sent him, and paid him....we probably won't hear from him again. I know him a bit from the past, but you shouldn't concern yourself too much with it." he said.

I'm excited about going down into the caves again, and maybe I'll get to see what was at the end there with Mamoru. I still have a lot of questions for him, and I'm building up my courage to ask him. Momma still wont talk about Presea to me, and I really want to know everything about my instructor. I don't know why...maybe I just want to be Mamoru's friend. There's something about him...something mysterious...it makes him seem sad and lonely. When I get the courage, I'll ask about Presea sometime.

Oh! And I really need to get you a pic of Mamoru, don't I diary? I'll see if he'll pose for something in the morning. Well, I've got to run now, I'm going to try and compress the photon energy of my DB Saber a bit for tomorrow for a sharper edge.

Enjoy the pic of the Rappie!
`Shinobu

Thank you, let me know what you think.

Hydro-Toxin
Nov 23, 2005, 07:43 PM
This was awesome so far.
Can't wait to read more of this.
You have a great style of writing.
Keep up the great work.