PDA

View Full Version : Revoked Access

Herogod
Nov 18, 2005, 05:51 AM
:S
I had fine access for ages then suddenly it was gone.
I email tomeeboy and the next time I check PSOW my access is fine again, but then the next time I checked it was revoked again...
As you can tell from reading this post I checked today and my access was back again.
Help?!

Dhylec
Nov 18, 2005, 09:20 AM
Most likely, browser settings. Check for enabled cookies - Allow planetdreamcast.com to set cookie, like permission for indefinate time or per session.
Per session means you have to log in again every single time you close the browser.
Otherwise, Gamespy/IGN networks don't like your PC. ;D

Herogod
Nov 25, 2005, 04:24 AM
My cookies have been fine for the last 3 years and I sign in fine at IGN / GameSpy :S
I got revoked access again yesterday, now that I think about it yesterday and all the other days it was revoked I may have been using BitTorrent.
Could this cause me to be unable to access the site?

EJ
Nov 25, 2005, 11:17 PM
No, Bittorrent isn't the problem since I'm using it as I type this, it has to something with you settings on your browser.

Skorpius
Nov 25, 2005, 11:25 PM
Or you were banned for a little while..

Herogod
Nov 26, 2005, 03:23 AM
On 2005-11-25 20:25, Skorpius wrote:
Or you were banned for a little while..

O RLY?

3 times?
For a day each?
The first 2 bans after being inactive on the forums for months?

Tomeeboy
Nov 26, 2005, 04:58 AM
You weren't banned (not that I know of anyway). Next time the revoked access problem happens to you, could you make note of your IP address and PM or IM it to me? You might be falling under a banned IP range.

You can find your IP by going to http://www.whatismyip.com/.

Skorpius
Nov 26, 2005, 05:16 PM
On 2005-11-26 00:23, Herogod wrote:
O RLY?

Sorry, that was meant to have a question mark at the end of it. My apologies.

Herogod
Nov 28, 2005, 07:19 PM
On 2005-11-26 01:58, Tomeeboy wrote:
You weren't banned (not that I know of anyway). Next time the revoked access problem happens to you, could you make note of your IP address and PM or IM it to me? You might be falling under a banned IP range.

Thanks Tomee.

OK Skorpius, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Hope I didn't sounded too agressive.

::EDIT::
I just remembered that my IP is supposed to be static which would make it hard to explain the intermittent access...
Could it still possibly be to do with my IP?
(I haven't failed to access the site in the last 5 days)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Herogod on 2005-11-30 07:21 ]</font>