PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Change One Thing in This World...

WashuSaotome
Nov 18, 2005, 06:32 PM
What would it be?

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Now, let's keep it friendly here.

Um... Let's see...

I'd get rid of naggy little kids who always bother me for some freakin' reason. It's a curse I say!

I know, it's not really important... But stuff like that can really get to ya. >.>

*Seriousnesstime*

If I could change one thing... I'd change how the government handles welfare / public housing. I know they're starting to shape up a little bit (here in Chicago, at least), but I'd like to see only the people / families who deserve the assistance. There are a lot of people who are getting money who use it on drugs and other bad things like that.

What we need in conjunction with this welfare stuff is job traning assistance. That would be really helpful, because instead of letting people sit around and recieve checks, they could help them out with long term financial support through employment programs. This keeps them from leeching off of the whole system and eventually creates some type of starting point for their own independant whatevers.

...Didn't make much sense, eh? Well, I don't know. But you know where I'm coming from, eh?

Derek0660
Nov 18, 2005, 07:51 PM
I would change to where everyone cared less about things that matter less. The world would be alot less painful http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wyndham
Nov 18, 2005, 08:19 PM
i would change the weaponry, by screwing with the air.
by messing with the humidity, you get moist gunpowder.
and you can guess what i want to happen to the atomic and hydrogen and nuclear bombs.

either that, or id make it so those that start wars be on the front lines.
that'll teach those money-hungry bastards.

i don't mean to offend anyone with this post.
but it would be a good way of keeping politicians honest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oran1324 on 2005-11-18 17:20 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Nov 18, 2005, 08:52 PM
I'd have a requirement of common sense for anyone to exist. Kind of like at a fair, "You must be this tall to ride."

digigram
Nov 18, 2005, 08:54 PM
*claps in ABDUR's direction.*

Maridia
Nov 18, 2005, 10:50 PM
I would try to change how difficult it is to move to another country. It is currently far too difficult for anyone to cross the border in either direction for good. I know it isn't plausible, but it would make things a lot easier for some people. ._.

Oh well. Life's life. :/

Sharkyland
Nov 18, 2005, 11:52 PM
Get a goodnight rest in like a matter of minutes WITHOUT feeling hungry. XD Geezus, I hate sleeping.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 19, 2005, 12:30 AM
On 2005-11-18 17:52, ABDUR101 wrote:
I'd have a requirement of common sense for anyone to exist. Kind of like at a fair, "You must be this tall to ride."

Well, I suppose we could just take the warning labels off of everything, and let the problem solve itself...

Dre_o
Nov 19, 2005, 12:37 AM
I wish all the morons at school that say:

"I went to bed at 2am but man am I M#%%$# FU#%$#@ tired!! I hate everything I'm so tired!! And I'm gonna bitch in your ear just cause I'm so tired!!" would just disappear.

Along the same lines as ABDUR but still.

KodiaX987
Nov 19, 2005, 12:40 AM
I'd have God create a Babel fish that understands netspeak.

geewj
Nov 19, 2005, 12:49 AM
"...I would be your sunlight in the universe..."

>_>

yeah, but... I wouldn't change anything. If it didn't get to that point on it's own, then it shouldn't be in.

PIT
Nov 19, 2005, 09:21 AM
i'd blow everything up,
mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PIT on 2005-11-19 06:25 ]</font>

Stan
Nov 19, 2005, 09:32 AM
please don't spam PIT. This is outside FKL, remember?

PIT
Nov 19, 2005, 09:56 AM
oops, sorry... but, to tell the truth, that's exactly what i'd do

trypticon
Nov 19, 2005, 12:44 PM
I'd do away with all technology across the earth and space. I'd erase all marks from it since the time gun powder was discovered, and then I'd drive the human race to extinction.

I would destroy all forms of competition.

I would kill every man and woman who engages in extra-marital activities. You don't appreciate that somebody cares about you already? You don't deserve to live then.

I would gather all human hunters on the planet and have them torn to shreds mercilessly, so that they could understand the feeling they push upon their prey.

I would freeze entire cities, and cause them to shatter with a single stone thrown.

I would take that soul which has caused so much pain, and burn it to ash.

Animals would be free once again to swarm over the planet, and live without human interferance.

Then I'd teach myself to spell, and kill everyone who uses AOL phuckchat.

I suppose, if I could change one thing, taking all of this into account, it would be that the human race went extinct before modernization. There would be that entire paradox that I'd have to get around to make that happen, of course. Certainly if we had gone extinct before I was born, there would be a problem with me being the one to make that change.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2005-11-19 09:45 ]</font>

EphekZ
Nov 19, 2005, 01:21 PM
trypticon wrote about stuff

This reminds me of Animal Farm

KodiaX987
Nov 19, 2005, 01:31 PM
Whoa, bronco!!!

On 2005-11-19 09:44, trypticon wrote:

Competition is everywhere. Plants to competition, animals do competition - even bacteria competes. To destroy all forms of competition, you'd essentially have to blow up the universe.

I would kill every man and woman who engages in extra-marital activities. You don't appreciate that somebody cares about you already? You don't deserve to live then.
What about cultures where polygamy is the norm?

I would gather all human hunters on the planet and have them torn to shreds mercilessly, so that they could understand the feeling they push upon their prey.
You'd have to kill bears, tigers, lions, wolves etc. as well then. The homo sapiens isn't the only carnivore species on this planet.

ABDUR101
Nov 19, 2005, 01:36 PM
On 2005-11-19 09:44, trypticon wrote:
I'd do away with all technology across the earth and space. I'd erase all marks from it since the time gun powder was discovered, and then I'd drive the human race to extinction.

Lac of advanced technologies I could understand, but driving humanity to extinction, ehh.

Even those that cause evolution and adaptation for better-ment of a species? I.e. Animals competing in the wild to be faster, stronger, etc.

Take into consideration the people that stay together due to religious or societal obligations, even though they are both unhappily-married.

Meats meat and man's gotta eat. Animals slaughter and maim each other for food, and granted, yes, thats what it should be for, nourishment and not just trophies.

I would freeze entire cities, and cause them to shatter with a single stone thrown.

God-complex?

I would take that soul which has caused so much pain, and burn it to ash.

" "

Animals would be free once again to swarm over the planet, and live without human interferance.

No need to wipe-out humanity entirely, there are countless people still living as one with the world in tribal societies.

I suppose, if I could change one thing, taking all of this into account, it would be that the human race went extinct before modernization. There would be that entire paradox that I'd have to get around to make that happen, of course. Certainly if we had gone extinct before I was born, there would be a problem with me being the one to make that change.

The industrial revolution never stopped.

trypticon
Nov 19, 2005, 02:08 PM
This thread is supposed to be about the one thing you would change in the world if you could, not about the one post you can nitpick to your own liking.

Ok, here's another thing I would change then. I would make it so you can't reply to posts in threads where you're not really meant to reply in conjunction to others, but to come up with your own ideas instead, something that the forums on this sight doesn't really sponser anymore. Just as ADE has complained about many times before about the online world of PSO, so it is with the forum goers here. It's people getting off on bashing others, which is extremely sad. However, even with that last sentence, I too, am guilty of doing it.

Forms of competition included human competition, that's it. The form of hunter indicated was human hunters only. This was easily seen by reading the original response I wrote. For some reason, a few of you weren't able to read enough into what was actually written to understand that. Instead, you defend the race by pointing out that there are other forms of it in existance. It's quaint, and uselessly heroic of you to do so. Everybody needs to be a hero sometimes though, and in this, you have proven your alliance.

.HazaH.

On 2005-11-19 10:36, ABDUR101 wrote:

On 2005-11-19 09:44, trypticon wrote:I suppose, if I could change one thing, taking all of this into account, it would be that the human race went extinct before modernization. There would be that entire paradox that I'd have to get around to make that happen, of course. Certainly if we had gone extinct before I was born, there would be a problem with me being the one to make that change.

The industrial revolution never stopped.

I never claimed it did. I stated before modernizatioin, and that means before it started at all. Very likely, Human would never have existed in any form greater than a species of animal devoid of the greater senses of the others, before extinction. That would be very nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2005-11-19 11:12 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Nov 19, 2005, 02:40 PM
Yeah, trust me, I got your little shpiel about wanting humanity off the face of the earth so all the little furry things can run about without interference.

Bashing you? If anything, I thought it would have turned into an interesting discussion, but oh no, we quoted and gave thoughts into it, so we must be bashing you.

Lighten up abit?

*edit*
oh and haha at bringing up ADE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2005-11-19 13:30 ]</font>

Skorpius
Nov 19, 2005, 03:29 PM
I would change thing sso people would stop having ego-battles of pride over internet forums due to conflict of opinion.

TheOneHero
Nov 19, 2005, 03:41 PM
On 2005-11-18 17:52, ABDUR101 wrote:

*Thumbs up*

I'd like to change where you can't express your opinion as a fact; or, at least everyone be able to argue intelligently.

Everyone must have an IQ of at least 120 before going on the internet.

Blitzkommando
Nov 19, 2005, 03:44 PM
I would want Congress to have enough balls to start drilling in ANWR and help end this stupidity of importing what we already have.

TheOneHero
Nov 19, 2005, 05:16 PM
On 2005-11-19 12:44, Norvekh wrote:
I would want Congress to have enough balls to start drilling in ANWR and help end this stupidity of importing what we already have.

The act of self preservation.

I know you play AoE, Blitz, and I'm sure you've done or seen this done a few times.

Mine your 'ally's' resources for yourself, protect your own and leave them untouched until you can no longer take from your 'ally's'. In this act, you ensure a stock pile in reseveration and keep yourself safe economically longer than most other players. (That is if you know what you're doing.) This is a very useful stragety, and I find myself often using it; even though it implies slefishness in some respect.

Despite what I just said, I agree with you Blitz; or more to the point that congress should try and work in harmony with the people we import from. Share freely and not hog everything to ourselves.

This of course could only succeed if humans could not be corrupted. w00t

LoveAndLunacy
Nov 19, 2005, 05:25 PM
The only thing i would change would be that hatred, jealousy etc negative feelings they can be the downfall of many things in life. If they no longer existed that may solve problems but some positive feelings lead to negative feelings so that may destroy all things because feelings denote everything. Oh well guess that puts my theory out the window
Cecil liceC

Madzozs
Nov 19, 2005, 05:44 PM
I would make it so you had to get a permit to have children. Working in childcare for 5 years and seeing the ins and outs of the CPS and welfare programs, I've grown tired of people being able to just make kids when they need to. Yes I meant when they "need" to. Unfortunately these leeches are very good at paperwork and manage to have another child at just the right time to make money off of the baby.

Shigecki
Nov 19, 2005, 06:06 PM
The 2000 presidential elections. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

rena-ko
Nov 19, 2005, 07:10 PM
the collapse of the stock- and currency markets would be a nice start. topped off with the complete loss of all patent- and ownerrights-informations.

hyperacute
Nov 19, 2005, 09:12 PM
Get rid of the internet and text messaging and the like so that people would learn to communicate properly face to face again and thus value social interaction. It sometimes seems that the more avenues of communication we have open to us, the less good we are at really communicating. Oh yes, and call down fire and brimstone on all call centres (or better yet, on those execs who think that call centres are the best way of interacting with customers). When I need to get in touch with a company, it's usually so I can get something sorted out fast, not so I can talk to some poor individual who cannot help me due to the limitations of their role.

Well, you did ask...

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 19, 2005, 10:44 PM
On 2005-11-18 21:40, KodiaX987 wrote:
I'd have God create a Babel fish that understands netspeak.

The flaw in this, is that the Babelfish requires that the words have some level of thought put behind them to begin with. Remember, Arthur Dent couldn't understand the primitive humans, Babelfish or no.

KodiaX987
Nov 20, 2005, 12:01 AM
On 2005-11-19 19:44, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

The flaw in this, is that the Babelfish requires that the words have some level of thought put behind them to begin with. Remember, Arthur Dent couldn't understand the primitive humans, Babelfish or no.

I stand corrected.

Kent
Nov 20, 2005, 02:20 AM
Make it so religions never existed in the first place...

...And here come the flames.

Shigecki
Nov 20, 2005, 04:14 AM
I understand what you are saying in a sort about religions. Religions aren't the problem, it's the people who stand high and mighty behind them that are the real problem. The ones that judge you by their beliefs, not seeing that maybe we are all different people.

For the most part, if it weren't for religion, there wouldn't be any civilization. There might not even be any history. You woundn't be sitting in your home in the United States without religion. (Well maybe you would, I have no idea your ethnic background, bad example, but then again, even the native americans had religion.) Religion has been around since the time of Mesapotamia.

PJ
Nov 20, 2005, 03:19 PM
I'd make arrogant people stop making fun of people who aren't as smart as them >_>

Timberland
Nov 20, 2005, 03:34 PM
I would change how people with speech apetiments get picked on since it is totally not fair. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

digigram
Nov 21, 2005, 12:44 PM
...spelling isn't a speech impediment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2005-11-21 11:53 ]</font>

Saiffy
Nov 21, 2005, 12:54 PM
On 2005-11-20 12:19, PJ wrote:
I'd make arrogant people stop making fun of people who aren't as smart as them >_>

I was going to say that was well said, but that'd be totally biased, LOLOLOL

Anyways...I probably wouldn't change anything, if something happened, then it was meant to happen. Yeah, humans, and society as a whole make mistakes, but life is boring if we don't make mistakes.

DamonKatu
Nov 22, 2005, 10:59 AM
If I could, I would beat the crud out of abusers till they bleed! They have been harming other people for way too long. I would also star in the next true crime game, beating the tar out of crimanals that dare to show its ugly head. no offences of course. I know their are things that turn people to crime like being too poor for instance. Sad life of those we wish to change.