PDA

View Full Version : weapons fix

fronebullare
Nov 18, 2005, 11:05 PM
If I don't get a rare weapon soon,I...i'll break the CD in HALF!!!(gasp)Trust me, I HAVE checked the item data base and used it(WHY oh WHY does everything have to be in Ultimate).If you or anyone you know is a HUcast on Lv69or higher that is Purplenum and that can go to VRhard. HELP ME OUT!!!!!

Sharkyland
Nov 18, 2005, 11:55 PM
If you can get online, you can try speedleveling to ult.

Tact
Nov 19, 2005, 05:36 AM
I'd say do some quests (Mind you, stop before actually completing them). Finding rare stuff is pretty much all patience. I will say right now that I am not questioning how patient you are. The only advice that I can give to someone who can't find rares is to keep looking, and that they'll eventually HAVE to find something...

Blitzkommando
Nov 19, 2005, 12:11 PM
The best rewards come from the hardest work. That is why 'all' of the Rares are in Ultimate. Level 69 is very close to ultimate and forest with Purplenum is a very easy place to get good rares. Heck, you can get Lavis Cannon there far easier than most other IDs. Really, have patience and you will get there soon enough. We cannot just randomly change the game just so you can find all the rares in Very Hard instead of Ultimate. You will end up spending so much time in ultimate that it is best to enjoy Normal though Very Hard while it is still even a slight challenge. PSO is a game of patience, patience in getting to Ultimate the first time, and patience in actually finding the rares once you get there.

hyperacute
Nov 19, 2005, 08:51 PM
Finding rare items is entirely down to luck. That's not to say you can't give luck a helping hand, for example, by running quests with a high number of critters in that drop the rare you're after but it still comes down to plain luck.

My advice would be to stop worrying too much about finding rares and to try and have fun levelling and if you're online, playing as part of a team. At last count, several hundred hours of playing (soon to be over 1000 if I'm honest) has netted me 4 "uber rares", all of which just sit in my bank unless someone really wants to see them. For me, the greatest sense of achievement is a challenging game well played with a decent team of friends. Rare hunting only leads to frustration.

That said, if you're desperate to hunt a few of those red boxes, level yourself to ult (not far to go) and then pick a single rare from the charts and devote some time to the quests that are most likely to help it drop. And the best of luck to you...