PDA

View Full Version : GC: olga flow.. WTF?

plasmacutter
Nov 19, 2005, 01:01 AM
ok... i have a question for vet gc ep II players because i've just had a worrying experience.

I played one of my friend's HU characters, which he had levelled in other games to 77, in normal ep II to open hard mode..

and olga flow's heaven punishment blasts freaking killed 600 out of like 645 health @_@.. this is normal mode..
considering this character was perfecly readly for ultimate forest, there is no character of any normal-mode-suitable level which would be able to survive such an attack.

the damage ratio was approx 4X that of expected HP for that mode. is this the same for higher levels as well.. because if it is well @#)$U @_@.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 19, 2005, 01:34 AM
Olga Flow in Normal is said to be able to kill a level 100 character with that "super" attack of his. The thing to keep in mind though, is that the attack provides plenty of warning, and is indeed avoidable.

In short, I'd say that what you experienced is, no pun intended (maybe), perfectly normal.

Neith
Nov 19, 2005, 08:57 AM
Yeah, that happens, I remember playing multimode round a friend's house a while back, when I hadn't played for ages.

Totally forgot about Olga's attacks, and ended up getting killed with a lv103 HUnewearl, in Hard. That sucked.

The Divine Punishment attack is easy to dodge though, when Gael and Giel appear, Flow is likely to do the attack soon. Once he lifts his sword into the air, distance yourself as much as possible. If you're far enough away, it won't even touch you.

Saffran
Nov 19, 2005, 09:43 AM
It's a 3000HP base attack (on Ult anyway) that is only reduced through killing Olga's mags or getting away from him.

PJ
Nov 19, 2005, 11:08 AM
I knew Olga's, "Mags," were conductors, but do they really increase the power of the Divine Punishment? I never noticed that before...

So unless one or both of them are taken out, it will kill any character at any level in Ult? Or can light resistance raise defense against it?

Saffran
Nov 19, 2005, 12:03 PM
Maybe light resistance will make a difference at really high defense, but the usual 20~30 ELK are nothing.

I've tried hugging to his foot in the got OHK'ed by both his Dark Flow attack and Divine Punishment.

DP should actually make some fixed damage around 1000, regardless of distance or anything. It's been along time since he last used it on me, as I rarely fight him. The dark flow attack is the serious business.

Para
Nov 19, 2005, 04:52 PM
Saffran... that might explain why sometimes I did not get killed by Olga's divine punishment... I had a few times where death rained upon me and I was still alive after it with low HP.
(And yes I do kill those conductors or whatever you like to call them)

LoveAndLunacy
Nov 19, 2005, 05:05 PM
Its one of them things that the game puts in to help you survive, like it wouldnt be fair if the game could just kill you, then you wouldnt have a chance, i usually take scape dolls but i mite try killing them power source mag things next time.
Cecil liceC

Saiffy
Nov 19, 2005, 05:06 PM
The closer you are to him, the more damage he seems to do. Same with his Giels(Whatever they're called)

I could always somehow get 9999 HP and see how much damage he can do <_<;

LoveAndLunacy
Nov 19, 2005, 05:46 PM
If its based on your displacement from it does it work the same as Gal Griffon's ground attack? where it does loads rite near it then hardly any at edge?
Cecil liceC

Para
Nov 19, 2005, 09:40 PM
On 2005-11-19 14:46, LoveAndLunacy wrote:
If its based on your displacement from it does it work the same as Gal Griffon's ground attack? where it does loads rite near it then hardly any at edge?
Cecil liceC

That Im not sure about for Olga but Gal Gryphon yeah... the further away the safer applies to Gal Gryphon and Saintmillion series.

Forte1224
Nov 20, 2005, 02:36 AM
Flow almost killed my lvl 104 RAcast (now deceased) in hard mode. Even with the 2 mag thingies dead.

Alisha
Nov 22, 2005, 06:50 PM
wtf... if you kill his mag things the blast shouldn't do much more than 100 dmg on normal and thats in multiplayer... and thats only at a medium distance

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2005-11-22 15:53 ]</font>

Mystil
Nov 23, 2005, 12:46 AM
I thought he wouldnt even do it if the mags aren't present.

Forte1224
Nov 23, 2005, 01:13 AM
We can all agree that Olga Flow will kick your ass unless you're at a uber-high level.