PDA

View Full Version : Oh! My Goddess

Deathscythealpha
Sep 9, 2002, 10:55 AM
While hanging about one of the videos stores up town today, i noticed in the bargain shelf Oh!My Goddess tapes one and two at 3.99 each. But im a bit poor this week and i was wondering, are these any good. Are they worth me not having 8 quid for the rest of the week?

Spy
Sep 9, 2002, 11:23 AM
On 2002-09-09 08:55, Deathscythealpha wrote:
While hanging about one of the videos stores up town today, i noticed in the bargain shelf Oh!My Goddess tapes one and two at 3.99 each. But im a bit poor this week and i was wondering, are these any good. Are they worth me not having 8 quid for the rest of the week?

Anime on VHS sucks. Period.

gunome
Sep 9, 2002, 02:04 PM
cra ppy anime is beeter than no anime, i watch the fuzziest berserk tapes over and over cuz im still w8ing on the dvds to arrive http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif jus buy one and if u likebuy the other one never seen tho...

Deathscythealpha
Sep 9, 2002, 02:05 PM
Yeah, but when its very hard to get the DvD's where you live (no good shops really, and i have a lack of credit card), what ya gunna do?

l337_h4xOr
Sep 9, 2002, 02:57 PM
On 2002-09-09 09:23, Spy wrote:

On 2002-09-09 08:55, Deathscythealpha wrote:

Anime on VHS sucks. Period.

I dunno, I have a shit load on VHS that is not available on DVD or it's stuff I collect about 10 years ago. Guess it sucks.

As for OH!My Godess, it's not my cup of tea. But if you are into that kind of thing then go for it, it's a good deal. Don't let the DVD 1337 get you down, Anime was around before DVD (Especially that series). It's good to build your collection with what ever is affordable for you. If that means having to buy a 'sucky' VHS, the so be it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1337_h4xOr on 2002-09-09 13:01 ]</font>

Ness
Sep 9, 2002, 04:17 PM
I like Oh my Goddess!, but I wouldn't waste money on VHS. Get DVD's.

Deathscythealpha
Sep 9, 2002, 04:50 PM
On 2002-09-09 14:17, Ness wrote:
I like Oh my Goddess!, but I wouldn't waste money on VHS. Get DVD's.

Still cant get the DVD's. I live in england, whats bad enough having a general lack of Anime. But i also live in the West Country, which means anime is like golddust. Its only that the shop was have a stock clearence that i found the oh! my goddess vhs.

gunome
Sep 9, 2002, 05:04 PM
if you have ne sort of banking account you can order anime from Ebay with a Paypal account. thas wot i do, hee jus ordered whole Berserk dvd series, couple of mangas and the Legend of Zu and i gots no credit card http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif u transfer money to the paypal account then, its free to use and most sellers on ebay accept it. no one shood be animeless....

Ian D
Sep 9, 2002, 07:00 PM
Wow, I must be waaaay outdated. I don't even own a DVD player. I don't really plan on owning one, either. Gotta invest the little cash I have wisely.

SS_Death
Sep 10, 2002, 03:38 AM
Hmmm, if you can find an MVC or HMV they have a small selection of anime usually.

Unfortunately your best bet is London, which of course is a pain because of the travel expenses etc.

*Sigh*

Why can't we just be region 1 like the US? We could get the same releases as they do, we speak the same language after all!

ABDUR101
Sep 10, 2002, 03:48 AM
Buy what you can get.

However, I myself won't buy just any anime on VHS. It has to be a damn good series that wasn't put on DVD.

I have to have the option of bi-lingual damnit, it's necessity!

..now..let us never speak of this again. o_O

...sinners.

Deathscythealpha
Sep 10, 2002, 01:55 PM
On 2002-09-10 01:38, SS_Death wrote:
Hmmm, if you can find an MVC or HMV they have a small selection of anime usually.

Unfortunately your best bet is London, which of course is a pain because of the travel expenses etc.

*Sigh*

Why can't we just be region 1 like the US? We could get the same releases as they do, we speak the same language after all!

I was in MVC when i saw the tapes. And the anime slection is shrinking there. It looked like they were getting more, but then they stopped. Oh well, might aswell look into importing.

Shrevn
Sep 10, 2002, 06:57 PM
I always say, if you can afford it buy it...even if you dont need it... *looks at shelf full of psx games still sealed* yaop... its great!!!