PDA

View Full Version : Xbox

vampruler
Nov 22, 2005, 08:57 AM
can teh xbox version of PSO be played on the 360

Stan
Nov 22, 2005, 09:03 AM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif, The list of backward compatible games was released two weeks ago or so. PSO wasn't on it, but there's a good chance you'll be able to play it on the 360.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stan on 2005-11-22 06:08 ]</font>

Bladehunter
Nov 22, 2005, 09:05 AM
That's not really a matter of PSO being playable on 360, more of a "Will X-box have backward compability with their games?" question. If 360 is backward compatible, then it's very likely PSO will be playable on 360.

Ryna
Nov 22, 2005, 09:15 AM
Since the 360 uses software emulation and PSOX isn't on the list, there is a decent chance it will not work. However, that maybe subject to change in the future.

Bladehunter
Nov 22, 2005, 09:15 AM
Well, it's noting about authority, it's about technology and the sheer fact if Microsoft bothered to put down time in backward compability. But then again, it's Microsoft http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Soulvayne
Nov 22, 2005, 06:17 PM
I personally don't see it being backwards compatible though I hope it is. The reason I don't see it being BC is because of the fact all your info is saved on the game's harddrive. It's been mentioned in the latest OXM that there really isn't a way to transfer old saves from your xbox to your 360 including premium content you may have purchased. Though everything download wise from the xbox will be free on the marketplace.

So unless they are able to make a way to transfer the files from your xbox to the 360, short of hacking the 360, I just don't see it happening. If you think its bad about PSO not being on 360 possibly, feel really sad for the people that bought Steel Battalion (Remember that $200 game with the huge controllers) Supposedly that controller doesn't work on the new 360 at all.

rena-ko
Nov 22, 2005, 06:47 PM
well, your old xbox doesnt magically break down at all once you buy a 360, so... downwards compatibility is a nice gimick, not a needed feature to seel a console.

kevlar_pso
Nov 23, 2005, 08:51 PM
On 2005-11-22 05:57, vampruler wrote:
can teh xbox version of PSO be played on the 360

I sumbitted news on this onthe 12th. Yes it does help to read the front page ppls. l0l I meant that in the nicest way possible. Feel free to post there after reading everyone's comments.

I'm too tired to get a link to work to the FRONT PAGE. That's how tired I am. Just go there. Click the home link @the top of the page and look in about the middle of the page. It's news that's submitted by myself: kevlar_pso

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kevlar_pso on 2005-11-23 17:52 ]</font>