PDA

View Full Version : GC: Jeez...More class trouble

Pobega
Nov 23, 2005, 07:26 AM
I was thinking of what class I should play...I'm known around as "Pobega the RAmar", but ever since my move from v2 I've noticed that RAmars are crap (I knew this already, but when I played a RAmar on GC I was a n00b so I barely noticed).

Anywho, I can't take the lack of Jellen/Zalure and self support. But the main problem is, I hate playing female characters. I know RAmarl is better then RAmar in every way, but I can't stand the way they look (Only female class I like is RAcaseal).

Can someone help me out? I need a good strong male class (and not FOmar), and a recommended section ID (for hunting a good combination of Armor/Shields/Weapons).

LoveAndLunacy
Nov 23, 2005, 07:35 AM
Well from personal experience female characters are better than the male versions but seeming as you dont want to be one i would suggest being a HUcast, with Skyly section ID. They have a lot of hp and lots of attack power, and with skyly section ID could relatively easily find some great hunter weapons.
Cecil liceC

PJ
Nov 23, 2005, 07:38 AM
If you want a Ranger, go RAcast all the way. Basically, they're Hunters with the ability to equip Ranger-only guns.

For Hunters, tough choice. No matter what anyone says, HUmar is an amazing class (Noobmar my ass >_>). But so is HUcast, so, tough call. Basically, if you want pure power, go for HUcast. If you want lots of power (Second highest, that's nothing to laugh at) with a little more accuracy, and some magic (Seriously, I don't get why people say HUmars are so bad with such awesome stats -.-), then go HUmar. Both are fun classes to play, but I prefer my HUmar.

And Forces... you labelled out FOmar already (My personal favourite class no less http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif), so FOnewm all the way. RA tech boost, ftw!

EDIT: For Section ID, so far, Redria has been the nicest to my RAcast, so you might want to give that a try http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif By definiton, it's an armour/shield section ID, and has good weapon drops too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2005-11-23 04:40 ]</font>

Fossil
Nov 23, 2005, 07:55 AM
How dare you hate on RAmars.

Pobega
Nov 23, 2005, 08:00 AM
I'm still keeping mine but they do suck on v3.

Fossil
Nov 23, 2005, 08:04 AM
I beg to differ.

Saiffy
Nov 23, 2005, 08:09 AM
On 2005-11-23 05:04, Fossil wrote:
I beg to differ.

And he thinks they suck, let it go or at least argue with some signs of intellegence, geez >_>

Well, if you are used to guns, then I'd say go with RAcast or RAcaseal, basically, whichever one you prefer for style. It won't be til later on that you'll really notice a difference in ATP if you go RAcaseal. Both have way too much ATA, and won't have a problem at all hitting, and traps are excellent for solo, no matter what anyone says <_<

Bladehunter
Nov 23, 2005, 08:10 AM
The main reason why I choose mar>cast is because the lack of resta on the latter. I tried raising a HUcaseal, but I had to pipe every three rooms and buy full stocks of Di and Trimates when I hit ultimate at lv 80.

Neith
Nov 23, 2005, 08:49 AM
On 2005-11-23 05:09, Saiffy wrote:
traps are excellent for solo, no matter what anyone says <_<

Yeah, after seeing what confuse traps can do to Ill Gills/Delsabers/Gillchichs, I'd agree http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'm fairly new to the Ranger class (all my 'high' level characters being Hunters). I had a RAmarl on BB, but didn't really like them much, plus it was annoying me that 90% of other RAmarls used the same costume/hair style combinations http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I'm currently rasing a RAcaseal on GC, and have found it to be a very fun class. Fairly challenging, since I'm used to being a Resta-bag, but great fun nonetheless. Plus, they look great, and have traps to own enemies with <3

If you really don't want a female class though, try a RAcast, as they're a nice class, and quite versatile from what Ive seen.