PDA

View Full Version : Is cheating OFFLINE bad?

DreeElle
Sep 9, 2002, 06:23 PM
Hiya.

I'm a primarily offline PSO DC player (Online scares me, but I think I'll go online with NGC PSO, plus I can't really afford to go online), and I'd really like to have some of the items that you get online, like the Nei Claw or the Madame's Parasol. Y'know, the rares.

If I use a Gameshark or some cheating perephial to 'get' one of the items, would this make me a bad person?

Thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Uncle_bob
Sep 9, 2002, 06:29 PM
It depends, if they're 60/180 +99 weapons that do one hit kills and annoy the hell out of people, don't use them online unless they have no problem with it (people that have no problem with them usually use 60/180 weapons themselves though)...cheating wasn't supposed to be part of PSO in the first place but meh. :|

TeamPhalanx
Sep 9, 2002, 07:23 PM
Well, is cheating with an offline game such as Final Fantasy X bad? Well, it may make you look like a sucky gamer, but since you're not bothering anyone else, I see no harm in doing so. So, the short answer would be "no."

Wewt
Sep 9, 2002, 07:33 PM
If you can sleep at night, go ahead. If for some reason you can't sleep after you realised that you cheated, then commit suicide.

Guile
Sep 11, 2002, 12:12 AM
Don't worry I wont call the cops on you...do it

in my eyes it does'nt make you a bad person..even if you cheat online

Shigecki
Sep 11, 2002, 09:03 PM
Cheating online bugs the hell out of people, on hit kills and all, but offline, only cheating yourself, and if you can live with it, more power to you.

RellikTakahashi
Sep 14, 2002, 08:39 AM
Cheating offline doesn't bother me because your not disturbing everyone else. Go for it only offline. If you do it online then its wrong. STAY offline if you wanna cheat!

Daniel_the_HUmar
Sep 15, 2002, 01:31 PM
naw....i think its ok...infact i think cheating online is fine as long as u never damage anyone's charecter....if u ever get online tell me and i will show ya around

Davion
Sep 15, 2002, 02:09 PM
Cheating, in its self, is not a bad thing. Cheating could kill a lot of the fun of a game. What fun would a game be if you never had to work for anything. To some people, it might be fun to wipe through an RPG or action game invincible and without a problem. I couldn't play that way. In PSO, if you only play offline, I don't see much of a problem by you, or anyone, cheating a bit to make the game more fun. It depends if you think its fun to wipe through PSO with a lv. 200 character and a spread needle with 60% attributes. But you have to ask yourself these questions:

1: Am I harming, or angering, anyone by doing this?

2: Will I have more fun doing it this way?

3:Can you really be satisfied with victory if you know you didn't earn it?

In your case, I don't have a problem with what you did. What you do by yourself, shouldn't bother anyone. Just don't expect a warm welcome if you show up online with duped weapons

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Davion on 2002-09-15 12:10 ]</font>

Daniel_the_HUmar
Sep 15, 2002, 09:49 PM
wow....nice speach....but dont worry...if u ever get online i'll hang out with yah....i need more PSO friends...

RagMasterRappy
Sep 16, 2002, 09:27 PM
If you cheat offline it doesn't make you a bad person. If you bring hacked items online then that makes you a very very bad person. Cheaters should keep hacked stuff offline which will not happen if items can be hacked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagMasterRappy on 2002-09-16 19:28 ]</font>

Mazarin
Sep 17, 2002, 12:07 AM
Once my HL expired, I hacked the hell outta the game. I had already accomplished everything I wanted to, and wanted to see all the rest of the weapons before I stoped playing.

None of those items ever saw a modem.

And I wanted to see what Mitclax looked like w/ certain items on. She looked coolest w/ the Evil Curst, Devil Wings, Kasami Bracer, and Electric Feild. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SoLaRiS
Sep 17, 2002, 03:40 PM
Cheating offline in my opinion doesn't make you a bad person but if you bring hacked weapons online my friend the ninja's will come after you.... Play legit.

RellikTakahashi
Sep 22, 2002, 09:33 PM
I guess It wouldn't matter if some cheats online. Just don't do RSODing and stuff that could harm others. Unless they want it (dunno why! morons in my opinion). Just leave everyone else alone who don't want you hacking near em and things will be kool.