PDA

View Full Version : Where to find rares

Derek0660
Nov 23, 2005, 06:57 PM
I am a lv 90 hunter with the sect ID of SKYLY and I am wondering which episode to hunt for rares on. I have killed the Sil Dragon many times and I was wondering whether to stick to EP1 or to try and hunt in EP2.
I haven't done anything in ep2 and in caves on ep1

Sitka
Nov 23, 2005, 07:00 PM
Skyly caves is widely regarded as one of the best hunting areas in PSO.

Consider:

Chain Sawd
Red Sword
God HP
Sange
Red Dagger
Red Slicer
Demolition Comet
Pan Arms Arms

Not bad for one area.

Derek0660
Nov 23, 2005, 07:06 PM
On 2005-11-23 16:00, Sitka wrote:
Skyly caves is widely regarded as one of the best hunting areas in PSO.

Consider:

Chain Sawd
Red Sword
God HP
Sange
Red Dagger
Red Slicer
Demolition Comet
Pan Arms Arms

Not bad for one area.

The caves KICK MY FREAKING ASS!!!
either it's megid (Ob Lily) or a huge ass wave of vulmers.
The enimies knock me over if I don't cast jellen and deband.
The only monster who gets their ass handed to them is a Crimcon Assasin (I'm serious no pun intended).

Neith
Nov 23, 2005, 07:12 PM
Forest: Bad areas overall, lots of common 9 and 10* rares, rare monster drops are nothing special.

Cave: Chain Sawd, Red Sword/Slicer/Dagger, Pan Arm's Arms, Sange, Demolition Comet. Great area for a Hunter, lots of nice rares, that aren't too hard to obtain. Spend a lot of time here http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mine: 50/50 in my opinion. The 'grunt' enemies (Gillchichs, Dubchichs, Canabins) all drop rubbish. However, the bigger enemies (Sinows and Baranz, also Canune), drop good stuff (Luminous Field, S-Red's Arms, Syncesta, Asuka)

Ruins: Some very nice drops (Lavis Cannon, Meteor Cudgel, Skyly Card, God/Body), but a lot of bad drops too (Dragon Slayer and Silence Claws from 2 common enemies there)

Temple: Generally bad 9* and 10* rares, but with a few nice drops (Heart of Poumn, God/Power, Yasha, Twin Brand, Ancient Saber)

Spaceship: I hate this place, and the rare drops aren't great. Hmm, good item drops are 1975 Agito, Flight Cutter (i think?), and that's about it.

Central Control Area (particularly Control Tower if available)- (Fatsia, Monkey King Bar, Sealed J-Sword, Partisan of Lightning, Heaven Punisher in CCA, and also Berdysh, Yasminkov 7000V, Yamigarasu, Rika's Claw, Soul Banish in Tower)

Seabed isn't bad either: (Standstill Shield, Zanba, Soul Banish, Twin Blaze)

I'd go for Caves for initial rares, then head to other areas. Areas not recommended are: Forest, Mine, Spaceship.

Of course, this is all opinion, but Ive played the ID for a good while now.

Skorpius
Nov 23, 2005, 08:11 PM
Look at the drop charts, find what you like, and determine this yourself. >_>

Rion772
Nov 23, 2005, 10:12 PM
I'm telling you, not suggesting but telling you that you have to go to the Very Hard caves in the quest Addicting food, follow the directions below and hunt down some nar lily's.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=723

You will find a room of 6 or 7, I forget. Telepipe in and out several times. Getting 4 God/HP's should only take about 1-2 hours since you're a mid-lv character. I got 3 extras in just and hour so it's all good.

Once you equip all of these at your Lv you should own everything in the caves. Also go hunt out the Delsabers Left and Right arms. When you equip the left arm (shield) you will have a way higher resistance to Megid.

Also some hints for the lilys is lure all other mobile enemies in the room out of lily distance and kill them, then either stand back and use zonde or get up close and attack, move away so other lilys megid misses then attack some more.

NOTE* AFTER YOU CLEAR A ROOM SET UP A TELEPIPE OR RYUKER TO SAVE YOU SOME WALKING TIME UNTIL YOU MASTER THE CAVES. IT TAKES AWHILE, I DID ABOUT 15-20 ADDICTING FOOD RUNS TO GET MY CHAIN SAWD AND NOW I NEVER DIE IN THE CAVES AT LV 101, SINCE THEN I HAVN'T PLAYED THOUGH. K I'M DONE.

EDIT* ...grammer...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rion772 on 2005-11-23 19:14 ]</font>

Derek0660
Nov 23, 2005, 10:25 PM
You will find a room of 6 or 7, I forget. Telepipe in and out several times. Getting 4 God/HP's should only take about 1-2 hours since you're a mid-lv character. I got 3 extras in just and hour so it's all good.

Also some hints for the lilys is lure all other mobile enemies in the room out of lily distance and kill them, then either stand back and use zonde or get up close and attack, move away so other lilys megid misses then attack some more.

NOTE* AFTER YOU CLEAR A ROOM SET UP A TELEPIPE OR RYUKER TO SAVE YOU SOME WALKING TIME UNTIL YOU MASTER THE CAVES. IT TAKES AWHILE, I DID ABOUT 15-20 ADDICTING FOOD RUNS TO GET MY CHAIN SAWD AND NOW I NEVER DIE IN THE CAVES AT LV 101, SINCE THEN I HAVN'T PLAYED THOUGH. K I'M DONE.

EDIT* ...grammer...

Grammar is spelled wrong http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Piping is SOOOOOOOOO boring.
I want the Chain Sawd super bad.
Thanks for the help.

Once you equip all of these at your Lv you should own everything in the caves. Also go hunt out the Delsabers Left and Right arms. When you equip the left arm (shield) you will have a way higher resistance to Megid.

got them both (I totally pwn the forest lol)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derek0660 on 2005-11-23 19:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derek0660 on 2005-11-23 19:29 ]</font>

Rion772
Nov 23, 2005, 10:42 PM
Very good news you have the Dels Arms. The piping though, it goes really quick.

I won't lie to you, when I did it around your level I literally saw a Mil Lily around every 10 pipes so as you can imagine it went quick. I know pipings boring...trust me I know (took me 650 tries to get a victor axe...what a waste) but it really is worth the trouble you go through of getting them. 4 God/HP's on at once makes you such an HP whore it's great. I can take like 12-13 hits from a barble and then kill it in like 4 hits. That's WITHOUT deband and zalure.

Forte1224
Nov 23, 2005, 10:47 PM
If evasion doesn't work, go back to V.Hard and find a few God/HP. Times that by 4 and there's an extra 320 HP there.

Rion772
Nov 23, 2005, 10:57 PM
On 2005-11-23 19:47, Forte1224 wrote:
If evasion doesn't work, go back to V.Hard and find a few God/HP. Times that by 4 and there's an extra 320 HP there.

I already told him to do that...look at the previous posts.

Forte1224
Nov 23, 2005, 11:15 PM
Well sorry (with additional sarcasm).

I don't think a Level 90 hunter should have much trouble in Caves, though. What armor are you using?

Blitzkommando
Nov 23, 2005, 11:42 PM
If you cannot make it though caves how do you expect to make it through Episode II? The enemies have more HP, greater evasion and defense, higher resistances, greater attack power and are generally surrounded by both air and ground traps. Since you are around level 90 stick with Forest, even if it does have bad drops. When you can, go for caves. The drops are easier as well as extremely useful, even later on. I realize that sounds harsh but that is the way it is. Episode II IS harder than Episode I because it is set to be played AFTER Episode I.

Derek0660
Nov 24, 2005, 11:57 AM
On 2005-11-23 20:15, Forte1224 wrote:
What armor are you using?

I have to use crappy armor cause it's the only one I have w/ 4 slots http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Forte1224
Nov 24, 2005, 11:10 PM
If you have the time to do this...

Make another character in a greenil ID (ranger would be good) and get it to ultimate. It's easy to pipe for a Guard Wave.

Fossil
Nov 26, 2005, 04:33 AM
Ep 2 - East Tower. Nuff said

Forte1224
Nov 26, 2005, 04:19 PM
I think he'll die. He's complaining about his equipment and you expect him to do one of the tower quests? Lmao.

Derek0660
Nov 26, 2005, 07:44 PM
On 2005-11-26 01:33, Fossil wrote:
Ep 2 - East Tower. Nuff said

offline only http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Forte1224
Nov 26, 2005, 07:49 PM
West tower and east tower are offline... but only Plus. If you dun have it, shucks that sucks.