PDA

View Full Version : Large Downloads, Unreliable Internet

PJ
Nov 23, 2005, 11:18 PM
Mmmm. PSOBB. 498 MB, or something.

Downloading it on Internet Explorer, twice got down to 44% (Exactly), stopped downloading and sent it to my documents. You obviously can't install a file that's not complete -.-

So, tried having it sent to me on Messenger. It's probably past 80%, when Messenger, with no problems from my internet, as it has been the last few days, disconnected me.

Well, to trying again, but I won't be staying up the whole time, if it stops, which it probably will... -.-

Both AIM and Firefox are not options >_>

Ryna
Nov 23, 2005, 11:29 PM
Have you tried using a downloading program such as Getright? Those programs can be extremely useful for downloads that like to quit on you in mid-transfer.

roygbiv
Nov 24, 2005, 03:15 AM
I think mozilla firefox has some sort of resume function as well... is there a torrent of it floating about?

Link00seven
Dec 12, 2005, 12:44 PM
I would try GetRight or, for a good free alternative, FlashGet.

navci
Dec 12, 2005, 01:37 PM
On 2005-12-12 09:44, Link00seven wrote:
I would try GetRight or, for a good free alternative, FlashGet.

Don't get Flashget. It installs some spyware alongside with it and trying to purge it is like trying to... well I can't come up with a good metaphor. In short, ya, don't get Flashget.

I am sure there is a torrent floating around?

Ryna
Dec 12, 2005, 02:13 PM
Getright is a fairly decent download manager, but you have to pay for it. A free one I've been trying out lately is called Leechget (http://www.leechget.net/en/). It is free, comes with a resuming feature, and doesn't install any spyware.

In any event, PJ was able to install Blue Burst, so this thread has served its purpose.