PDA

View Full Version : c-a-n-n-o-n

zwandude15
Nov 24, 2005, 04:55 PM
Aside from wanting that SJS, I'd really like a Double Cannon. I've found that Redria (luckily) have a 1/21 chance of finding a Lavis Cannon from Pouilly, and Oran's (working on it) have a 1/21 chance of finding Syncesta (easiest way?) from Hildetorrs. Anyone have suggestions as of how to find these things easily-(easier?)- and approx. how long it would take me to find the necessary materials to make a Double Cannon?

Fossil
Nov 24, 2005, 07:36 PM
Well, assuming you know what piping is and are willing to engage in it, then you'll have a lot less stressful time HOPING to see a rare enemy compared to piping that enemy over and over in order to see a rare. Your best bet would be one of the original caves quests, preferably Addicting food or Waterfall Tears. Late in Caves 2 you can pipe 2 slimes and split them for a total of 8. Continue piping over and over.

However, when I hunted my Lavis, I only ever piped 2 slimes, then got incredibly lucky and got one to appear in a TTF. Lavis was mine. <3

As far as Hildetorrs go, Forest of Sorrow is your best bet for hunting Hildetorrs and piping them. Unless you can play online, then the Rappy Holiday quest is full of them in Forest 2, but it takes kind of long to get through.

In the last room you can pipe up to 4 Hidelts. When you enter the last room with 2 walking around, run towards the back so a Hidelt appears, kill it, then 2 more should come down. If not, kill the one that falls and then 2 will appear, I forgot the order. >_>

LoveAndLunacy
Nov 25, 2005, 05:30 AM
Generally it just depends on how lucky you are because 1/21 is the average value for it too drop times the 1/512 for a rare enemy in the first place but its just luck usually.
So good luck you WILL need it.
Cecil liceC

Skorpius
Nov 25, 2005, 05:45 AM
Purplenum Tollaws for Lavis Cannon. Heat Sword and/or Soul of a Blacksmith.

LoveAndLunacy
Nov 25, 2005, 06:21 AM
Purplenum Tollaw is what i am currently working on aside from my ruin/temple/CCA/seabed runs, then i have to start doing mines though to get my syncesta which i hate but not too hard as my RAmarl but the problam i find will be that i will get bored of it if i find one because i will have to do it all again to get the double cannon.
Cecil liceC

zwandude15
Nov 26, 2005, 02:22 AM
Hmmm, i'm a bit skeptical on this...Purplenum Tollaws? it seems that an approx. 1/20,000 isnt great compared to a 1/21 chance...and rare enemies arent too hard to come by, but pouilly's.....funny thing actually, when i FIRST got the game, they came up SO often, i thought they were like a gobooma to booma as pouilly's were to pofuilly. Now im kinda wishing they came up that often...anywho, I plan on piping for the enemies, not too difficult. It'll be the first pouilly i've seen in a long time. If you still have any suggestions, feel free to let me know from your personal experiences and whether or not i should use purplenum(working on one) tollaws as a finder or not. Thanks for hearing me out!

Skorpius
Nov 26, 2005, 02:55 AM
On 2005-11-25 23:22, zwandude15 wrote:
Hmmm, i'm a bit skeptical on this...Purplenum Tollaws? it seems that an approx. 1/20,000 isnt great compared to a 1/21 chance
There are more Tollaws in those quests I mentioned than there are rare enemies.

zwandude15
Nov 26, 2005, 03:20 AM
Okay then, i can definitely consider searching for a Lavis that way...

Fossil
Nov 26, 2005, 04:31 AM
In my tollaw experience... they suck, don't bother. But it would certainly be better "experience" than piping for hours to find a rare enemy.

zwandude15
Nov 26, 2005, 04:39 AM
If it comes down to it, I'll search with a Purplenum i guess, i can easily see a 1/21 drop better, so i guess this is all based off of whether or not i want my Rare, or experience; i want that rare......Thanks for your info Fossil, i appreciate it xD

zwandude15
Dec 15, 2005, 06:27 PM
Sorry to bump an old topic, but I just recently got in the mood to start hunting a Lavis, which was inspired by that topic about that 90% hit Lavis, and it got me thinking, i just want ONE, i dont care that it would have to have hit, i just want one at ALL!

Unfortunately, my Redria has already completed the Addicting Food Quest, and is a bit too weak right now to get through all of them =/ Any suggestions as of how to get it? I've considered all of the posts above, and i've considered Tollaws and frankly, i dont wanna hear it. Those people out there with dumb luck.............anyways, please, i'd love any suggestions at all, considering the fact that the Addicting Food quest is not available. Any excavations/personal experience would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ketchup345
Dec 15, 2005, 06:40 PM
Please make a separate topic for this. Bumping topics older than two weeks is considered bumping.

A new thread should be made as the subject is being changed.