PDA

View Full Version : Mr Miyagi died

Luis
Nov 25, 2005, 11:04 AM
This is too sad for me , Pat morita died at 73 , it was a natural dead, here is the full story

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1345535

ABDUR101
Nov 25, 2005, 11:48 AM
Wow, I was just watching "Honeymoon in Vegas" yesterday and caught a glimpse of him before I changed the channel.

Sad to see him go, but I wondered how old he was. All my child-hood actors are getting old and dieing. =/

He lost the 1984 best supporting actor award to Haing S. Ngor, who appeared in "The Killing Fields."

Haing S. Ngor deserved that, that was his first film ever and Haing had no former acting. He was a true refugee from the war in Cambodia.

digigram
Nov 25, 2005, 11:51 AM
That is sad, in fact it's simply sad when anyone dies really.. but you know what, if he was still alive and you asked him if he was satisfied with his life, he would have said he was. He will be missed.

Sef
Nov 25, 2005, 11:56 AM
On 2005-11-25 08:48, ABDUR101 wrote:
Sad to see him go, but I wondered how old he was.

I probably misinterpreted what you were saying there, but he was 73.

Unless you just meant something like "Man, he's getting pretty old... How long's he got left?"

ABDUR101
Nov 25, 2005, 12:32 PM
On 2005-11-25 08:56, Sef wrote:
Unless you just meant something like "Man, he's getting pretty old... How long's he got left?"

Thats what I meant. You always saw him with grey hair in his later actings, so it was hard to tell how old he really was unless you knew when he was born. Much like Steve Martin, he had grey hair when he was in his 30's.

I wonder though, did Mr. Morita have any kids? There wasn't any mention of family other than his wife Evelyn.

KaFKa
Nov 25, 2005, 04:24 PM
It really does suck. I even had the pleasure to have a nice dinner with him and his wife at the returaunt he owned here in Vegas. He was a really interesting and cool guy.

Well, nothing left to do but remember him.

[edit] As far as I know, he didn't have any kids. But I'm not really an expert.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2005-11-25 13:25 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Nov 25, 2005, 05:08 PM
I can't remember his role in 'The Happy Days' but the 'wax off wax on, daniel san' was always a classic.

Deathscythealpha
Nov 25, 2005, 07:42 PM
Its really sad to hear that he died. I remember watching the Karate Kid films over and over as a child with my older brother, and his role was very iconic. You couldnt help but like him, and I always enjoyed it when he turned up in another film as a cameo.

Scejntjynahl
Nov 26, 2005, 02:20 AM
I believe he had 3 daughters from a previous marriage.

He will be missed. Though typecasted, he had lots of charisma.

Sadam100
Nov 26, 2005, 02:42 PM
He was a really good actor and played mr miyagi in the karate kid extremly well.