PDA

View Full Version : RAcaseal in Ultimate, damage problem.

Neith
Nov 26, 2005, 02:13 PM
Ok, I recently got my Oran RAcaseal into Ultimate, at lv54. She was having real trouble killing the enemies, so I went back into VH for a few levels. I'm now at lv61, and decided to try Ult Forest again.

My problem is that I'm hardly doing ANY damage. I know from past experience that Ult enemies are harder than VH, but the damage im hitting is ridiculously low. This is my equipment:

Weapons:Frozen Shooter+9/Spread Needle+40/Red Mechgun
Armor: 4 slot Attribute Plate
Units: 1x God/HP, 1x God/Power, 1x God/Arm, 1x Ogre/Power++
Shield: Secret Gear
Mag: Pushan (5/76/46/0 currently, aiming for 5/149/46/0)

Damage-wise, I'm hitting around 100-115 with the Frozen Shooter, 50ish with the Needle, and mechs, well, just aren't worth using.

Anyone who's gotten a RAcaseal into Ult, any help would be appreciated.

I know that obviously, my Mag isn't lv200 yet, and a large chunk of her ATP will be from that. I knew her damage would fall in Ult, but I didnt expect by so much.

Before anyone asks, I haven't used many materials yet, and I'm following a max stat guide for her.

She's lv61 currently, from people who play RAcaseal a lot, would you suggest I go back to VH again, or struggle through Ult Forest (bearing in mind a Bartle is taking around 15 shots to kill)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ketchup345
Nov 26, 2005, 03:13 PM
I would say Very Hard for a while still.

It may be boring, but it actually takes a reasonable amount of hits to kill the enemies there, and will buy you time to get your Mag finished and get some Materials in.

And increasing the number of God/Powers she has would of course help too (can you do without the God/Arm?).

War_Child
Nov 26, 2005, 04:12 PM
Cube or BB?

If you're in cube, expect to have trouble dealing damage in ultimate period. Their ata is high, they pay for this in atp. I know from personal experience on this one <_<

Might I suggest heading back to VH for a bit and doing some of the high exp quests (heat sword, en3). Take a peak at the ultimate mode shops however, sometimes you can find some nice 50% weapons that will do more damage than rares. Stay away from mechguns and shots until you find some high percent ones.

Lastly, patience! If you're going to tough it out in ultimate mode at that level, you'll need patience. Rooms will take time to clear. Take enemies one at a time. Use traps frequently and pipe back to the ship to get more if needed.

Ah the good ol' days

zwandude15
Nov 26, 2005, 04:18 PM
Ketchup's right, and you already knew much of the ATP being lost was from the Mag. I know how difficult it is to raise a character strictly sticking to a Material diet (finding particular materials that you need and dont always find, even though 45 lucks is ridiculous to find). I have a RAcaseal and understand their lack of power for a while. I also have an Oran, and i understand what they find (assuming you do as well =]). Finding a Devil/Battle (although god/battle is reccomended) shouldnt be too difficult, and you should definitely consider using a battle unit seeing as how more attacks of even weak ones are useful, and like ketchup said, replace that god/arm (unless you're using it to equip frozen shooter?) with God/Power. Additional HP wouldnt be too far off to consider either =]. Make sure you're using your Traps!!!! They're essential! xD

Forte1224
Nov 26, 2005, 04:22 PM
Get a Guld Milla ;D

Yeah, rangers suck in ultimate mode if they're at low levels.

I'd wait until that mag is fully bred... or until you're level 80+.

Alisha
Nov 26, 2005, 11:23 PM
you shouldnt be having trouble especially offline. what are your mags stats it may be neccesary to make a new one wich is something i did a few times after getting to ultimate

/wave WC

whiteninja
Nov 26, 2005, 11:29 PM
Get a Mechgun with each of the Fire, Lightning, and Ice specials (strongest or second strongest), and get atleast 30% hit. If you have high level characters, they can buy these. Since those specials are based on level instead of ATP, they will deal more damage until you have more of it, which also makes a high DEX mag useful too... my Ramar had Burning Gatlings from level 79 to 95 (??? It was a long time ago... but I was having the damage problem too)

A high hit% Demon's/Devils weapon can also help.

Don't rely on ATP, rely on ATA and specials.

Skorpius
Nov 26, 2005, 11:38 PM
I currently have a level 97 RAcaseal on GC. Their ATP is pitifull. Either Very Hard Ruins or Ult Forest with God/Powers.

Forte1224
Nov 27, 2005, 12:13 AM
I got it! Get a Justy with hit percent... isn't the special devils or demons? Cant remember which one it was... I'm quite sure it was one of those 2.

Free_Spirit
Nov 27, 2005, 07:05 AM
Hi im exactly the same!!
I got my Racaseal in Ult at 41, and been annoyed ever since!!
I managed to stuggle my way through Ult forest, even though i wouldnt recomend it, but you have alot of better equiptment than me (Red Scorpio and Ruby Bullet)
I usually do about 100 damage with a normal hit (Red scorpio) and a critical normally takes out about 250.
Im managing to cope, it just takes time, and my problem is i normally play with a Hunter in Ult, so i feel so slow, and that im taking out rubbish amounts, but thats the downside of being a 'relatively' low level Ranger!!
IMHO i say stick with it, bear the pain of going so slowly, you'll level up much quicker, find even better items and soon be a Killer Ranger!!

Neith
Nov 27, 2005, 09:22 AM
Mag's stats are currently: 5/78/46/0 (raising it to 5/149/46/0), and has Farlla, Pilla, Mylla & Youlla.

Ive found that Battle Training is a decent way to get exp, I just use Kireek to kill the enemies.

Also found that using 35% Hit Gush Vulcans are quite handy for topping up HP.

I can't get rid of the God/Arm yet, since I have 163ATA, so then I can't use the Frozen Shooter.

I guess I'll go online later, and see if anyone will do some VH quests.

Thanks for the advice!

Skorpius
Nov 27, 2005, 09:23 AM
Dump the Frozen Shooter, then you wouldn't have ATP issues. You have Freeze Traps, right?

Dana
Nov 27, 2005, 12:48 PM
Well, my RAct (might have slightly high atp but meh)
he did struggle in Ult, but i never went down to VH.

So, you don't need to.

*that is a lie* i did 2 DoR runs for Cure/para

so.
I found.
Red handgun is good. high atp
Mechs weren't that good. but an L&K with 50%hit is exellent
Armour doesn't matter
-God/power
-God/power That ogre/power is useless. swap it for anything. Hunt a god/power or god/arm. terra will get God/arm in seconds of DoR runs, and Temple for power.
Armor....S-parts 2.01 if you have one.
Mag. maybe 5, 150, 45 or your 'perfect' one.
make sure it's a S/D caster in boss battle and 100%PB. and it must have M&Y

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif nothing new

DarkEliteRico
Nov 27, 2005, 12:50 PM
On 2005-11-27 06:23, Skorpius wrote:
Dump the Frozen Shooter, then you wouldn't have ATP issues. You have Freeze Traps, right?

Traps are traps, running out of them is a bitch....RAcaseals will be fairly weak until you get your mag to 200, and get another God/Power. Even then you'll still be doing pitiful damage with mechs unless you get ones with decent %'s or sphere some upwards. My suggestion is to get a nice charge rifle or charge mechs and bring the bank LOL

Neith
Nov 27, 2005, 01:02 PM
On 2005-11-27 06:23, Skorpius wrote:

I only have 7 freeze traps IIRC. Using them all would mean lots of trips back to Pioneer 2.

Oh, and ATP-wise, the Frozen Shooter is one of my best weapons. The only weapon I have that out-damages it is a Justy (until I get an Anti-Android Rifle from my brother).

I can do Ult Forest now, the Seize special on the Needle helps so much that enemies can't touch me. Sil Dragon is still too much though, my damage is negligable against it.

Ive just been doing VH Heat Sword runs for quick EXP, as I'm still leveling up once every run, or just after.

DarkEliteRico
Nov 27, 2005, 01:14 PM
Geez i wish i had PSO:GC still, i'd help ya out in a heartbeat....ok i know what i'm adding to my christmas wish list LOL

Ketchup345
Nov 27, 2005, 02:54 PM
On 2005-11-27 09:50, DarkEliteRico wrote:
Even then you'll still be doing pitiful damage with mechs unless you get ones with decent %'s or sphere some upwards. My suggestion is to get a nice charge rifle or charge mechs and bring the bank LOL

%s on Mech make a very small difference. So small, it may only be a few points more damage. Mechs have too low of an ATP to make %s useful, except for maybe the Red Mechs, Yas 9000M, and Guld Milla (on GC/XBox aat least, BlueBurst apparently has some other good Mechs).