PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online symbol....

Para
Nov 26, 2005, 04:52 PM
I was watching the character trailer again and I saw that one part where it looked like the three places were in a triangle shaped position... which reminds me of the PB symbol and the PSO symbol...

Maybe there's more to the symbol than we know?
Towards the centre of disaster?

Parn
Nov 26, 2005, 05:11 PM
The trio of circles in a triangle pattern is the seal of Algo, worn by the espers (specific examples being Kyra and Rune) in Phantasy Star IV. It's on the stone monuments in the forest, caves and mines, as well as the entrance to the ruins before the seal is broken in PSO.

Considering how Phantasy Star Universe is enjoying its recycling of familiar Phantasy Star elements to give us a new take on an old concept, I'm sure the symbol will hold a similar meaning.

Sinue_v2
Nov 26, 2005, 08:06 PM
The symbol (or at least, a version of it) is also commonly associated with the Biosystems lab and Mother Brain.

http://www.phantasy-star.net/art/compendium/neifirstsketch.jpg

That's the same basic symbol which is inside the rings which make up the three ring trio... and it's the same as the Esper seal. I wouldn't so much attribute the symbol to specifically either Mother Brain or the Espers - but it seems to be the original symbol of Algol before PSO changed it to the three circle ring we know today.

The three circles represent the three planets of Algol - Palma, Dezolis, and Motavia. Those three plantes formed a inter-dimensional seal which trapped the Profound Darkness away, out of our universe.

BTW: I hope to GOD we can make Numan girls who look that cool in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2005-11-26 17:08 ]</font>