PDA

View Full Version : How do you tell someone they stink

InfinityXXX
Nov 26, 2005, 06:29 PM
Everyday me and my girlfriend ride the bus and everyday theres this one kid that sit in front of us that has the whole the bus smellin' like hot ass cakes!

I also pass by him in the hall and I be ready to pass out on the stairs.

It started out very lightly but then it grew stronger and stronger and now its to the point where me and my girlfriend are ready to throw up. I dunno if hes aware he stinks or not but based on everyones reaction when he enters the bus......he should get the hint.

I wanna tell him he should take a bath or use some better deoderant but I don't wanna offend anyone and get cussed out but this kid's scent is just UNBEARABLE, smells like ass mixed with booty juice and feet.....>.<

TheOneHero
Nov 26, 2005, 06:35 PM
You can do this a few ways:

One would be to pull him aside and ask him qiuetly if he knows he smells. You know, it could be possible that he DOES know, but is just too poor and can't afford soap or something, I donno.

Or, be a jerk and yell, "Hey dude! You smell like crap, go bathe!" and throw a bar of soap at him.

Sinue_v2
Nov 26, 2005, 06:58 PM
I'd probably go the jerk route and have a bunch of friends wearing 3M face masks jump him in the hallway one day and hose him down with Glade aresol and Mop & Glow.

Eihwaz
Nov 26, 2005, 07:23 PM
Do what ToH says, or give him some deodorant. It's best to break it to him gently, because if he doesn't know how stinky he is, he'll probably get defensive and stuff.

Or you could just always sit upwind of him. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rion772
Nov 27, 2005, 07:30 PM
Honestly, I would seriously go buy some soap and deoderant, put it in a sandwhich bag and duct tape it to his locker, if you don't know where his locker is, follow him one day. Then if he gets pissed and throws it away just walk up 2 his seat on the bus and spray him with axe or something. That or make a complaint to the principal or just do the axe idea but what you do is tape the button down and shove it down his shirt and run. That'll work for the day.

Wyndham
Nov 27, 2005, 11:18 PM
On 2005-11-27 16:30, Rion772 wrote:
Honestly, I would seriously go buy some soap and deoderant, put it in a sandwhich bag and duct tape it to his locker, if you don't know where his locker is, follow him one day. Then if he gets pissed and throws it away just walk up 2 his seat on the bus and spray him with axe or something. That or make a complaint to the principal or just do the axe idea but what you do is tape the button down and shove it down his shirt and run. That'll work for the day.

Axe has gorrila hormones in it. and you need to keep things quiet.
it's nicer.

Zelutos
Nov 28, 2005, 01:09 AM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif if it's anything like what the managers did to a girl who worked in the cash office where i work, then you should get some deotorant, and stick it on his desk with his name on it...only for her, it was a razor and deotorant...yeah..that was pretty funny...

uhawww
Nov 28, 2005, 01:39 AM
Go for frankness.

Walk up to him.
Hand him a stick of deodorant.
Walk away.

Lovejuice
Nov 28, 2005, 08:29 AM
On 2005-11-26 15:29, InfinityXXX wrote:
.. the whole the bus smellin' like hot ass cakes!

I'm sorry, but for some benign reason, the idea of "hot ass cakes" just makes me giggle like a little girl. Teehee!

But anyway, when I tend to encounter folk of the un-rosy odours, I find I fall over myself with stupid subtle remarks. Like, I'll sit there and exaggerate big loud sniffing actions, coupled with the odd comment and face, in their direction, and pull the whole "Wow, something really does smell around here! I'm so shocked and taken aback! I wonder what/who it could be? Eww!" as if I really am intrigued and disturbed! It really is quite childish... and must be hilarious for onlookers to see a grown lad doing so, but it never tires!

When the culprit then turns and cringes as they take note that I've sussed them, they tend to flee to avoid 'public' embarassment (usually me standing up and proclaiming that they stink of poo-poo). Of course, a large part of the time, the smelly-ones are totally unaware of their pong, and just sit there oblivious or look at me strangely. This leads to a whole other pot of drama..

Of course, if you're with your girlfriend or another person, it should be easier! Sit there and feign conversation! "Wow, something REALLY smells here! Smells like ass!", "Yea! I know, it totally reeks! I wonder what it could be??", eyeballing the suspect. See what kind of reaction you get! It's wonderful, guaranteed!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2005-11-28 05:30 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Nov 28, 2005, 01:20 PM
The problem will be if that individual knows that they reek... but they simply just do NOT care if they do. It will for sure be a scene. They do this to get attention and vent out their shortcomings to anyone that would dare tell them the obvious truth that they smell of "walking fish market in a hot summers day".

If this individual indeed goes to the same place of education as you do, you can have the principal or even the nurse of said facility approach the stinky culprit. They can, and should, send that person home till they are hygienelly fit to return.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 28, 2005, 03:21 PM
I seriously think you should simply inform him that he is lacking in personal hygene. Being discrete about it probably isn't necessary, as he's likely to be embarassed about it one way or another, and rightfully so. Ask him when Wash Day is, and if he intends to participate in celebrating it.

InfinityXXX
Nov 28, 2005, 05:39 PM
My girlfriend told him that he STANK and he told her, in these exact words, "I'm from a country where we don't take showers for religous reasons."

My girl asked him what country and he said somewhere in Europe.

Now the thing is....he stinks....BAD and I am really tempted to do the whole walking up to him and spraying him with Axe BUT I don't want to offend his religon BUT the scent is so awful that my teacher always sprays when he leaves and everyone on the bus cries in agony.

EphekZ
Nov 28, 2005, 07:24 PM
ask if you can meet his parents

Olga
Nov 28, 2005, 07:43 PM
On 2005-11-27 22:39, uhawww wrote:
Go for frankness.

Walk up to him.
Hand him a stick of deodorant.
Walk away.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Charmander02
Nov 28, 2005, 08:01 PM
my mom taught me this one, "honesty is the best policy" sweet cause it rhymes.

InfinityXXX
Nov 28, 2005, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I kinda doubt that theres a religon in Europe that doesn't let you take a bath but you never know.

goku4ever
Nov 30, 2005, 02:45 PM
probably aload of BS. Some religions require you to be clean so that your body is worthy to be a temple for God

Neith
Nov 30, 2005, 03:05 PM
I have some neighbours from Turkey, and they are Muslim. The husband will not take baths, as it seems like a very unhygenic way to clean (Lying in your own dirt, as he says)

However, that doesn't mean he doesn't wash. He still takes regular showers, as he sees these as much cleaner.

White_Knight
Nov 30, 2005, 03:13 PM
I doubt that any religion says "Thou shalt not clean thyself" or something to that effect. Just tell the dude to take a damn shower or get some deoderant or something. Though you should find a politer way of saying it than that. *points to the damn shower comment*

goku4ever
Nov 30, 2005, 04:25 PM
throw some water over him, Im sure God wouldnt want us to suffer because of his beliefs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: goku4ever on 2005-11-30 13:26 ]</font>

Dhylec
Nov 30, 2005, 05:45 PM
Hm.. I guess some people never heard of "Cleanliness is next to godliness" ;3

tbmes11
Nov 30, 2005, 07:05 PM
This is tough since the guy has his believes to make him feel okay to smell bad.

I would handle this by telling him that with all due respect to his believe it will not get him a date, a job, or a friend to hug when he needs one. He should keep his believes in his heart but realize that the founder of his believe would probally take a shower every day if he/she was alive today and living in the USA.

Rion772
Nov 30, 2005, 08:58 PM
On 2005-11-30 16:05, tbmes11 wrote:
This is tough since the guy has his believes to make him feel okay to smell bad.

I would handle this by telling him that with all due respect to his believe it will not get him a date, a job, or a friend to hug when he needs one. He should keep his believes in his heart but realize that the founder of his believe would probally take a shower every day if he/she was alive today and living in the USA.

Ummm, it's belief(s).

Also you could just try to be casual and walk up to him nicely and say something like "hey, you stink. Go home, take a shower...you'll get a girlfriend a lot easier"

If not, you'll think of something, if it really bothers you enough you'll get the smelly dude to shower or something.

Madzozs
Nov 30, 2005, 09:56 PM
How about this. Suck it up and be respectful. I work in a school and there are some people here who are from Europe. They do not bathe regularly and towards the end of the "cycle"(not sure what else to call it), they smell pretty bad. One boy was beaten up because he said it is a custom he learned from his grandfather and he chooses to follow it even though he lives in the USA. Living somewhere should not change who you are.

goku4ever
Dec 1, 2005, 10:42 AM
what country doesnt wash in Europe? the only one I can think if is the french, but its a weird smell not an unwashed smell

Getintothegame
Dec 1, 2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah, if you know someone that reeks, just tell them.

InfinityXXX
Dec 2, 2005, 05:36 PM
He hasen't been at school none this week(cept Monday). So I haven't been able tro tell him. I wonder if soemthing is wrong with him?

zwandude15
Dec 2, 2005, 05:45 PM
He hasn't been at school because the shower took four days to get the smell away. (laughs to self)

Rubius-sama
Dec 3, 2005, 02:53 AM
You guys seriously think a stick of deodorant will fix this problem?? From the sound of things, he needs to go through the human equivalent of a monster car-wash, rinse and repeat 1,534,234 times.