PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falz Advice

xxTrystanxx
Nov 26, 2005, 10:47 PM
I have a lvl 32 Redria FOmarl (who will probably be lvl 33-34 by the time I actually start attempting this) and well, let's just say I'm getting to the point with her that normal mode doesn't provide much challenge...

I've tried reading through various guides on Force characters, but they all talk about beating Dark Falz as part of a multiplayer game... Which doesn't help me if I'm trying to unlock Hard Mode :

Any advice on beating Dark Falz with a FOmarl that is pretty much Techs only? I have the luxury of having a friend who is many levels ahead of me to trade me some good items and techs - All three normal attacks are at least Lvl. 11. I also have Grants at Lvl. 7. I am currently equipping a staff but only for the MST boost, but in a couple levels I'll be able to equip a Soul Baton. I am also equipping a Hyper Frame with Wizard/Technique, Angel/Mind++, and a God/TP.

Would I be able to defeat Dark Falz with this setup? Or am I deluding myself into thinking that a Force can truly beat DF on their own?

zwandude15
Nov 26, 2005, 10:57 PM
No, a force, especially at that level should be able to defeat Dark Falz. With that equipment and a Lv. 7 Grants, you should be able to beat Normal mode. Assuming you have a nice MAG and decent DEF, you should last the battle. I'm surprised you havent beat it yet. You should have no prob ;]

xxTrystanxx
Nov 26, 2005, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I took a look a while back at the Suggested Level Guide on this site and I was surprised that it listed Forces at such low levels for bosses. I had a lot of trouble with De Rol Le and finally beat him at Lvl. 24. The guide said I should have beaten him by Lvl. 19.

Up until now I had been taking it slow, mostly because I rely only on techs with this character and so I expected to have a much harder time beating things http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

whiteninja
Nov 26, 2005, 11:03 PM
On 2005-11-26 19:57, zwandude15 wrote:
Assuming you have a nice MAG and decent DEF
DFP doesn't matter in a boss battle. They do set damage attacks. So it is also a waste to use Deband or Jellen on a boss.

At level 32, you definitely ought to be able to do it... Fomarls are harder to do in single player though... they were meant more for multi with major use of support techs, but it is possible for them to do well on their own.

zwandude15
Nov 26, 2005, 11:08 PM
Yea, forces require a bit higher levels to beat the different bosses ( about 10-20 more levels than HU's normally). But my force who's level 43 is currently in Hard Ruins right now can get to Dark Falz but cant resist that slash of his 3rd form =/
Although when I try again, I'll be sure to equip some God/Body's and Resist/Holy xD. I trust you'll be able to beat Dark Falz, but be sure to have Scape Dolls and some nice looking DEF, you should do fine =]

On 2005-11-26 20:03, whiteninja wrote:

On 2005-11-26 19:57, zwandude15 wrote:
Assuming you have a nice MAG and decent DEF
DFP doesn't matter in a boss battle. They do set damage attacks. So it is also a waste to use Deband or Jellen on a boss.

I thought about the Darvants in particular, they can kill you quite quickly frozen. Perhaps they do set damage too trusting your word holds true. Thanks for correcting me again whiteninja =]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zwandude15 on 2005-11-26 20:11 ]</font>

EJ
Nov 26, 2005, 11:15 PM
Since you are on normal resist/holy isn't needed.
If you using tech then use Zonde techs on the first form and barta techs on the second form and you will defeat Falz in no time.

zwandude15
Nov 26, 2005, 11:20 PM
On 2005-11-26 20:15, ForceEJ wrote:
Since you are on normal resist/holy isn't needed.
If you using tech then use Zonde techs on the first form and barta techs on the second form and you will defeat Falz in no time.

I said hard mode, just to clarify =]

xxTrystanxx
Nov 27, 2005, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the help, you guys! I did it!

LOL, actually I felt a little silly afterwards... Here I was expecting a really tough fight, I stocked up on all three kinds of fluids, brought my scape dolls...

I think I used 2 Difluids and a Trifluid. I made Dark Falz look silly. All this time I was worried over nothing.

zwandude15
Nov 27, 2005, 01:55 AM
Good job Trystan =]

Told you before, no prob...no prob.....

If you ever need advice on sumthing please feel free to PM me or, if you have access to AIM my sn is my display name on here. Again, good job on your victory.

Blazer01234
Nov 27, 2005, 05:20 PM
Im level 78 and got 560DF but Not a lot of APT for a andriod my level what level do u think i should be to beat dark faltz on very hard mode?

Sadam100
Nov 27, 2005, 05:22 PM
Train Young padawan

Phazer
Nov 27, 2005, 05:27 PM
you shouldnt feel thet bad, im a RAcast and didnt beat him untill i was level 40 something

Sadam100
Nov 27, 2005, 05:31 PM
On 2005-11-27 14:27, Phazer wrote:
you shouldnt feel thet bad, im a RAcast and didnt beat him untill i was level 40 something

You do know he's on VERY HARD MODE!

Phazer
Nov 27, 2005, 07:32 PM
yes i know that, im working on him currently

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phazer on 2005-11-27 16:33 ]</font>

Sadam100
Nov 28, 2005, 01:18 PM
ok its just what u said it didn't sound right

goofyfoot12
Dec 3, 2005, 04:33 PM
Sounds like you got a pretty good Force, you should be able to beat it pretty easily! I beat Dark Faltz pretty much the same lvl only with a Hucast

F-o-x
Dec 3, 2005, 10:58 PM
On 2005-11-26 20:03, whiteninja wrote:

Actually the only bosses (in v1) that do all set damage are Falz and perhaps Vol Opt. Deband and Jellen will help you during bouts with the dragon and Dal Ra Lie.

r0llz69
Dec 4, 2005, 01:29 AM
hey im a lvl 43 hucast and i cant beat that dang dark falz on hard. i dont have resta so i dont have that many heals. I will beat the first 3 forms of him but by then i have 10 trimates for the 3rd form. and with saint resists and cant hit him. i always get loads of misses. HOW DO I BEAT HIM THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY!!!. i have tried 7 times over and over again and cant beat him.Why not! if i had resta this would be so much easier, but i dont please help me somebody please help me!!!

zwandude15
Dec 4, 2005, 02:39 AM
On 2005-12-03 22:29, r0llz69 wrote:
hey im a lvl 43 hucast and i cant beat that dang dark falz on hard. i dont have resta so i dont have that many heals. I will beat the first 3 forms of him but by then i have 10 trimates for the 3rd form. and with saint resists and cant hit him. i always get loads of misses. HOW DO I BEAT HIM THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY!!!. i have tried 7 times over and over again and cant beat him.Why not! if i had resta this would be so much easier, but i dont please help me somebody please help me!!!

43 HUcast? you should be able to do it by then. I got a 52 HUcaseal into Ultimate before. Heres a list of things to keep in mind...

-Scape Dolls! (in case you cant survive that first attack). This is VITAL! If you can survive that first attack, you can go quite a while into the battle without dying. Put simply, he slices you, you die, come back, shoot him a couple times preferrably, he goes up, shoots you some blue =], and uses grants. NOW! if you have enough light resistance to live through this(resist/holy roxx), you will simply be put on the ground, and this will allow his slash after he comes down to MISS!!!! Make sure you have Mates to heal afterwards of course... This can be used many times until he begins to take your soul. After he returns it to you though, you are at the mercy of his slash once again.

-Health. x10 Mono-Di-Tri-mates, x10 Star Atomizers to keep you going. Standing still: take advantage of this, keeping in mind, the more HP you have, the faster it heals (General/Dragon/God/HP's).

-Weapons. Have a good single enemy hit weapon (saber,dagger,double saber) and a ranged weapon as well (handgun, mechgun, preferrably with hit%). That third form's always moving, gotta think ahead ;]

-Level!!!! If you can't do it at your level currently, and cant do it with the above info, level up! Its the easy answer to all of PSO's problems...

Any other questions/concerns, please feel free to PM me. =]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zwandude15 on 2005-12-03 23:42 ]</font>

xxTrystanxx
Dec 5, 2005, 12:34 AM
Sometimes I don't know my own strength, hehe... Jaime just beat Falz on Hard mode at lvl 50. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I owe it all to Grants.

I've read lots of guides on how to play Forces, and one thing that is NEVER covered is how to beat Falz. They all either talk about using melee or playing a Force as part of a group, where you'd be support. Perhaps I should jot down some of my observations as a strictly solo, non-melee Force. (Not that I have anything against Forces who melee, I've tried it, it's just not pretty. Even TP-stealing items are a waste for me.)

I can't give a lot of advice on beating Falz's third form as a HUcast, but I can offer that once he raises up in the air, he's usually about to shoot the blue stuff. RUN! Don't stand in front of him! The blue things appear to do more damage if you get hit with them when he first shoots them out than he does when you're running around the circle.

Also.. now this may sound like a stupid question, but you're not attacking him when he's stealing your soul are you? You'll know this is happening because you will hear him make a weird noise, and you will visually see yourself in his mouth. (Not to mention a large red bar between him and you on the map as well) Keep in mind that when he's doing that, if you hit him, it'll hurt you, too.

EphekZ
Dec 5, 2005, 12:55 AM
alright well this topic really did get hijacked but whatever.

Trystan, I am also a Force and I should say that really ep.2 is alot easier especially Seabed. but some people may beg to differ but I beat vhard Flow at like lvl 60(I think) and he was quite easy.

Another thing is stuff gets hard you can PM me since I am also a Force.

P.S If you get discouraged in Vhard dont becuase really Vhard ruins is a forces worst nightmare. Ult. Is alot easier their resistance goes down alot oddly so yea.

Peace.

r0llz69
Dec 5, 2005, 12:57 AM
No im not attacking him when he is stealing. I remember when my force beat him. It was fast. I owned quick and i had resta. Without resta the 3rd form is hard.

EphekZ
Dec 5, 2005, 01:00 AM
alright

heres what you do. when you get there unequip your mag and drop a whole lotta mates (tri/di/mono) then die repeat until you think its safe..but Im not sure Ive never had to this before so if you drop the items in the middle of the Arena would they stay all the way until the third form even with arena changes?

xxTrystanxx
Dec 5, 2005, 01:12 AM
Hmm. I dunno. Somehow I have a funny feeling it wouldn't let you just drop a whole bunch of stuff and be able to die and come back. Then again I've never dropped anything and died in any boss battle.

Thanks for the info, darkgunner. I haven't really tried working on Ep. 2 much yet, though what I have played of it seemed to be more difficult. Maybe though it was because I was online at the time.

I've also heard that by the time you get to Very Hard that you have to use at least normal techs (the Gi- ones) though my Simple techs still do way more damage, even at comparative levels. Is that necessarily true?

On a somewhat unrelated notem, one thing I have noticed thus far is that the difficulty of the Ruins when compared to Forest/Caves/Mines is extremely misleading. There seems to a be a big jump between how difficult the Mines/Vol Opt is, and how tough the Ruins are... I think to some degree it misled me, particularly in Normal mode, into thinking that DF was going to be REALLY tough, and he wasn't that bad. Anyone else notice this?

zwandude15
Dec 5, 2005, 01:41 AM
xxTrystanxx wrote:
Also.. now this may sound like a stupid question, but you're not attacking him when he's stealing your soul are you? You'll know this is happening because you will hear him make a weird noise, and you will visually see yourself in his mouth. (Not to mention a large red bar between him and you on the map as well) Keep in mind that when he's doing that, if you hit him, it'll hurt you, too.

You in fact ARE doing damage to him. I've learned this from MUCH experience from Falz in all modes with all classes. Its nice with a force in VH, i pwned! xD I just used Foie, then resta to get my health back, repeated, and he never gave my soul back, he simply died with my nice little thing i had going on. So yes, you CAN damage him while your soul is taken.

xxTrystanxx
Dec 5, 2005, 01:47 AM
I understand that http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I was pointing it out for the HUcast, who doesn't have the luxury of having Resta close at hand.

I think it's probably the easiest overall for Forces to accomplish that.. provided you can survive your own techs, I suppose, hehe. Though I could see having a Force in a multiplayer game being advantageous in that situation as well, either waiting until he sucks your soul, or parking yourself right next to the person who IS being soul-sucked and alternating attack techs with Resta on the other player.

zwandude15
Dec 5, 2005, 01:56 AM
>.< okay, sorry about that then. But I must point out, opposed to your statement, HUcasts can do a bunch of damage this way....if you have the HP to support it. I did this in Ultimate mode and beat Falz fairly easily. Of course Casts have a crapload of HP to waste anyways, and i always did have some Mates left by that third form anyway...

Surprisingly, i tend to notice Falz comes close to you when he knows you dont want to attack him. Too bad he didnt expect me to rape him with attacks as soon as he jumped his dark butt over. (wow, that whole sentence was wrong for so many reasons...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zwandude15 on 2005-12-04 22:58 ]</font>

xxTrystanxx
Dec 5, 2005, 02:02 AM
LOL, yes it was.

HUcasts are indeed HP monsters, which is why I find it surprising that the other dude is having such a tough time. I wonder what he's equipping for a weapon?

zwandude15
Dec 5, 2005, 02:08 AM
On 2005-12-04 23:02, xxTrystanxx wrote:
I wonder what he's equipping for a weapon?

I'm speaking personally with this user, and is using a Yamato and lockgun i believe. I've suggested many things up to now...

xxTrystanxx
Dec 5, 2005, 02:12 AM
I'm surprised they're having such trouble, particularly with a Yamato?

Well, I wish them luck. I'll send my good vibes their way http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif