PDA

View Full Version : Broken 360s

Charmander02
Nov 28, 2005, 07:55 PM
anyones 360 broke? cuz i heard that a whole bunch of peoples are breaking cuz there's some sorta glitch. But dont worry microsoft will pay for it to be sent to them to get fixed and if they cant then they'll replace it for free!

ABDUR101
Nov 28, 2005, 08:16 PM
The Xbox was the same way, I returned two Xbox's at it's release due to certain games not playing properly/glitching.

EphekZ
Nov 28, 2005, 11:21 PM
Most likely Microsoft will take forever to replace it so have fun waiting.

RuneLateralus
Nov 28, 2005, 11:57 PM
I think the broken 360's might be over exaggerated a little bit. Or maybe by certain areas or stores. None of the ones my friends got from Target (including mine) are broken, and the Gamestop that I work at (including everyone who works there and bought one) has had only one legitimate report of the system not working that was purchased from there (the others were do to the people's stupidity, such as why the system wasn't showing HD on a non-HDTV).

DamonKatu
Nov 29, 2005, 12:04 AM
actully, the system was recalled because it keeps overheating sence the system fans where too close together and the thing couldnt chill down. (news resourse)

RuneLateralus
Nov 29, 2005, 12:37 AM
Really? Most reports are that the power supply itself overheats. I think that is the most likely case since the power supply seems to be the main thing get really hot...but if you keep it ventilated, it shouldn't overheat and crash the system.

Truth be told, people are dumb enough to put it too close to a wall or on a carpet. Best bet is too keep it away from the system (only a few inches) and off the carpet. That could be the major thing. Plus, it did happent to my GC too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2005-11-28 21:42 ]</font>

Kent
Nov 29, 2005, 07:36 AM
You know... Pretty much nobody's going to spaz out about "OMG my Xbox 360 WORKS!!!!1"

...Which is why we keep hearing about people having ones that don't work; the people that have working 360s are too busy playing them.

On a side note, there are a couple things you can do to prevent overheating or otherwise bad performance of your Xbox 360. For starters, always have the system running vertically. Second, have both the system and the power supply running on a hard surface, for proper ventilation. That alone is why most people have systems or components that overheat; bad ventilation.

digigram
Nov 29, 2005, 01:34 PM
Apparently, from what I have looked into, it's just the power supply. Raise it off the carpet or whatever surface it is, and if you are feeling adventurous, go to radio shack, buy a project box, and re-house the supply in it with a small 80mm fan on each side (ex: The gamecube vents, oh how I loath thee --- I used to do diagnostics on gamecubes at nintendo, so i hate the insides of the GC.. lol, but love the GC itself)..

anyhow.. have fun.

Alucard_Zer0
Nov 29, 2005, 10:06 PM
i heard it was only an "isolated incident" and its nothing to worry about. i've had mine since day one its been working just fine

Getintothegame
Dec 1, 2005, 11:17 PM
On 2005-11-28 20:57, RuneLateralus wrote:
(the others were do due to the people's stupidity, such as why the system wasn't showing HD on a non-HDTV).

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well, I live out here in Montana, and I know of four people working at Target, Gamestop, Walmart. I talked to them about the 360, and none of them have had any returns.

I'll get mine in January.