PDA

View Full Version : Rare Hunting - I'm Stuck on the Lavis Cannon

Cai
Nov 29, 2005, 04:39 PM
I only play offline, I have a lvl 112 purplenum, 101 skyly, 60 whitil and a lvl 65 redria who is currently in the Caves teleping slimes... I can't figure out how to split them.. or if thats even worth it. I've piped 72 times on the 2 slimes. Any advice would be helpful in hunting this weapon. Thank you.

whiteninja
Nov 29, 2005, 04:42 PM
Use Gibarta. If your Redria is a FO, get a Hildeblue's Cane and use that Gibarta. Just make sure none of the Slimes die when you are piping, until you find the Red Slime or else they won't end up dropping an item... and I'm too lazy to explain it right now... just don't let them die.

Cai
Nov 29, 2005, 04:46 PM
He is a Ramar.. and i know trying barta did 0 dmg..

Neith
Nov 29, 2005, 04:55 PM
Don't use Barta, it doesn't split them.

Use Gibarta, or Rabarta (I find Rabarta better). Just pipe, split, and repeat until a Red Slime shows up.

Cai
Nov 29, 2005, 04:57 PM
Do they all split, or does only the main slime split?

Neith
Nov 29, 2005, 04:59 PM
I haven't hunted a rare from slimes for a while, so I can't remember 100%, but I 'think' you can split each original slime into 2 more (so 3 altogether).

Like I said though, that's just a guess.

Cai
Nov 29, 2005, 05:02 PM
I think that sounds right. Well hopefully I find it soon.. I'm getting bored of my other weapons, aha.

Delfi
Nov 29, 2005, 05:07 PM
No - you can split 1 slime into 4, usually if i use rabarta 1 of 2 things happens, 2 or 3 split off the first slime in 1 go or they split from it 1 at a time, anyways 1 slime can be split into 4 slimes, so a room of 2 can be split into 8.

And as for my vote - offline only = hunt red slimes, unless you have been able to download the fireswirl quest in which case hunt both red slimes and tollaws.

Good luck with the lavis.

Off topic : any luck with SJS yet uriko ? im still tryin to unseal my darn thing haha.

Cai
Nov 29, 2005, 05:12 PM
On that topic, I'm guessing hunting the sealed J with my skyly hucast would probably be in vain?

Tact
Nov 29, 2005, 05:14 PM
On 2005-11-29 14:12, Cai wrote:
On that topic, I'm guessing hunting the sealed J with my skyly hucast would probably be in vain?

If you're persistent enough, no hunt is in vain.

Cai
Nov 29, 2005, 05:17 PM
On 2005-11-29 14:14, Tact wrote:
If you're persistent enough, no hunt is in vain.

True... but thats still an extremely large amount of runs. Too much repetition drives me insane!

Tact
Nov 29, 2005, 05:19 PM
On 2005-11-29 14:17, Cai wrote:

True... but thats still an extremely large amount of runs. Too much repetition drives me insane!

Well, you could always take a break from hunting that one item for a bit and do some runs for something else you're hunting.

Neith
Nov 29, 2005, 05:23 PM
@Delfi: No, Gi Gue isn't giving up the sword. I'm cutting down my runs for a few days, to get my RAcaseal leveled up instead.

As for the SJS, if you're offline, that's one hell of a task. However, it's also the ONLY way to get it if you don't have PSO+.

Cai
Nov 29, 2005, 05:23 PM
On 2005-11-29 14:19, Tact wrote:
Well, you could always take a break from hunting that one item for a bit and do some runs for something else you're hunting.

That's True.. As it is, I still have horrible armor and sheilds. I just got back into PSO last week after a 3 month break (I do this ever so often along my years of playing) and I bought another memory card and I made a Pinkal, Oran, and Greenill. So, i'm raising them in hopes of getting some stuff I can use.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cai on 2005-11-29 14:24 ]</font>

Cai
Nov 29, 2005, 05:25 PM
On 2005-11-29 14:23, UrikoBB3 wrote:
@Delfi: No, Gi Gue isn't giving up the sword. I'm cutting down my runs for a few days, to get my RAcaseal leveled up instead.

As for the SJS, if you're offline, that's one hell of a task. However, it's also the ONLY way to get it if you don't have PSO+.

I was considering getting it.. Since I do play Pso a lot. But, it seems all the Stores around here don't carry it.

Cai
Nov 29, 2005, 05:48 PM
Alright I'll be back soon. Time to go hunt some more slimes..

zwandude15
Nov 29, 2005, 07:33 PM
I'm hunting lavis too right now. To be honest i havent started because i already did the addicting food mission and i dont have enough power to get through them all. I suggest searching the Pouilly's though, a much better chance to find it rather than a Tollaw. Give it time, we have to be patient about it!

hyperacute
Nov 29, 2005, 07:40 PM
I was lucky enough to find my Lavis off a Tollaw but, with a little patience, Red Slimes are definitely the way to go.

Cai
Nov 29, 2005, 09:55 PM
Red Slimes are a pain in the butt for my lvl 65 ramar... Sometimes i can't cast fast enough and they end up killing each other.. before I can pipe. I plan on still hunting it but I'm also hunting some other items like agito 1975 and God/arm.. But at the same time I'm going to level my ramar and fonewm to lvl 90 and get my humar to 120 and my hucast to 110.. That way I should have an easier time hunting.

Cai
Nov 29, 2005, 10:01 PM
Heres the list of Items I'm hunting

Agito 1975
Yasha
Asuka
Soul Banish
Ancient Saber
Lavis Cannon
Red Saber
X Red Slicer !FOUND!
Sealed J-sword
Handgun:Guld
Handgun:Milla
Yasminkov 2000H
Red Scorpio
Red Mechguns
Angel Harp
Frozen Shooter
Yasminkov 3000R
Aura Field
Electro Frame
Guard Wave
Smoking Plate
God/Arm
God/Body
God/Luck
God/Battle
Kasami Bracer
Belra's Right Arm
Bringer's Right Arm
Dragon's Claw
Sorcerer's Right Arm
Magic Rock "Moola"
Magic Stone "Iritista"
Star Amplifier
Syncesta

I know some probably aren't worth my time, but its just to add them to my collection, and the fun of hunting them. I do have an Oran, Pinkal, and Greenil that I just created, and with help from some good weapons and items I have i think they'll be in ultimate mode around lvl 60.

edit: Oh and I'm using tycho's guide for hunting them, but if anyone has some good offline hunting advice, please feel free to pm or im me or post on this board. Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cai on 2005-11-29 19:02 ]</font>

Delfi
Nov 30, 2005, 02:49 AM
I think that you will find the guard wave while you are hunting the lavis http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif kill 2 birds in 1 stone as to say - as for not piping quick enough use telepipes instead of ryuker.

LoveAndLunacy
Nov 30, 2005, 07:50 AM
I prefer hunting tollaws my self but that is only because i need to level my RAmarl at same time plus SOAB is amazingly fun with a spread needle.
Cecil liceC

DarkEliteRico
Nov 30, 2005, 10:39 AM
I love hunting Tallows, but you do have a Skyly so you could also do Del D hunts in the ruins, and if you don't have PSO Plus it's gonna be a lil hard to get a SJS

Cai
Nov 30, 2005, 04:33 PM
Hey does anyone know the best mission to use offline when hunting red dagger, Skyly - Crimson, Purplenum - Pan Arms?

Dhylec
Nov 30, 2005, 05:54 PM
Cai wrote:
Hey does anyone know the best mission to use offline when hunting red dagger, Skyly - Crimson, Purplenum - Pan Arms?

For the technicalities & specific item hunting or quest, get to know this man's work
http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=Tycho

Charmander02
Nov 30, 2005, 07:29 PM
use rabarta, in AF get to the room with 2 slimes then split them. Good luck with your hunt.

Cai
Nov 30, 2005, 08:26 PM
On 2005-11-30 14:54, Dhylec wrote:
For the technicalities & specific item hunting or quest, get to know this man's work
http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=Tycho

Yes I've been using his guide farely often. But, some of the quests he lists like nightmare, or phantasmal, etc.. I do not have. There were some that he recomended for hunting red dagger that I didn't have.. So I was just asking if anyone would know.

Mystil
Dec 1, 2005, 02:28 AM
I lost count how many tallows I killed. Maybe..500 or something. Lavis is the devil.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2005-11-30 23:28 ]</font>

DeadlyForce
Dec 2, 2005, 04:45 PM
This Is My Hunting List:
Yasha
Sealed J-Sword
Agito(1975)
Lavis Cannon
2x Syncesta
............Yasha Is Darn Hard To Find And Even Harder Will Be The Sealed J-Sword >.<