PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Saint Rappy Drop Rate

Notos
Dec 1, 2005, 09:37 AM
Anybody know the drop anything rate for saint rappy? I know all rare monsters are supposed to have 100% drop anything rate, but I found 2 saint rappies yesterday that dropped nothing. Yes, I remembered to hit them when they got up and there were witnesses.

Ryna
Dec 1, 2005, 11:02 AM
The droprate for Holiday Rappies is 7/8. As such, there is the possibility that you will not get a Christmas Present from a Saint Rappy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-12-01 08:04 ]</font>

Notos
Dec 1, 2005, 12:19 PM
Not the rare drop rate, the drop anything rate. I was led to believe that drop anything rate is 100% for rare monsters meaning you'll always get something from them. That something might not be a rare. And yet I got nothing from two of them.

Sitka
Dec 1, 2005, 12:37 PM
In my last 8 - that's right EIGHT - hours of running nothing but 5-2, I got one Saint Rappy and he dropped 2300 meseta. Since the Saint Rappy's became available, I've been able to get four Christmas Presents and I've been running 5-2 non-stop.

Someone posted that it was "easy" to get holiday rappy drops - hah!

Pain in the watusi is what it is.

Notos
Dec 1, 2005, 12:51 PM
I don't know if I should tell you that I found nine saint rappies last night. I did the same thing I did on xbox. But the PC loads faster so I can do more runs. I think I average 4 runs per 5 minutes now since I was doing 7 runs per 10 minutes on xbox. I don't like doing quest since you have waste time talking to Nol then talk to her again when quitting. When you consider it takes about 75 seconds per run, taking an extra 10 seconds talking to Nol is a lot of time wasted.

Saiffy
Dec 1, 2005, 12:52 PM
If you didn't make the game, it's possible the item just appeared somewhere else, since items drop where the enemy was at it's time of death for the game maker.

This is the only thing I can see being the problem, really. Since rappy's(Minus Sand, I think) and rare enemies alike have 100% DAR.

Ryna
Dec 1, 2005, 01:14 PM
On 2005-12-01 09:19, Notos wrote:
Not the rare drop rate, the drop anything rate. I was led to believe that drop anything rate is 100% for rare monsters meaning you'll always get something from them. That something might not be a rare. And yet I got nothing from two of them.

Were you playing by yourself? If another person made the game, perhaps they lagged and the item did not show up as a result? Also, it is possible they changed the DAR. Still, I guess we'll have to wait for other people to reply with their St. Rappy experiences.

Notos
Dec 1, 2005, 01:18 PM
I know drops are placed according to where the host sees the death of the mob. But now that you mention it, it might be related to someone joining the game. I was the host when the rappy didn't drop anything. But those two times, a team mate wanted to see what a saint rappy looks like so the rappy was killed after they joined the room. It's kind of far fetched that someone joining a game can mess up the drops, but I can't think of anything else.

Saffran
Dec 2, 2005, 07:08 PM
That was lag. All and each rappies have 100% DAR if hit when they try to run away. When I see that a rappy doesn't drop anything, I know that if the drop hasn't appeared by the time I count to 10, I will be getting a server error 100 (disconnected).