PDA

View Full Version : ID strengths and weaknesses

Ronin_shinji
Dec 1, 2005, 12:13 PM
Is there some kind of list that says what each ID is good at finding and which ones worthless?

Dhylec
Dec 1, 2005, 12:38 PM
Welcome. As for your question, there is no real list for ID is good at finding or not, just different preferences & situations. However, such a 'list' is available if you find Tycho's work.

Sitka
Dec 1, 2005, 12:42 PM
Many variables dictate the relative values of the ids.

Which platform are you on - there are some major differences between Blue Burst and many of the other PSO platforms.

Also, the character(s) you play make a difference. Some ids favor hunters over rangers or forces.

Also, where do you like to play? If you don't mind megid protection, some ids are excellent for caves or temple, while those that prefer to ignore edk, may be better served running other ids.

Having played all ids extensively, I've settled on Redria, Yellowboze, Whitill and Oran as my personal favorites for the types of drops I like to pursue. I also like Skyly, Purplenum and Viridia.

I'm not fond of Greenil, Pinkal and Blueful, but for some drops, you have to hunt in those ids.

Personal preference dicates which id you favor.

Hrith
Dec 1, 2005, 03:11 PM
http://aerfen.free.fr/whitill_truth.png

Tycho
Dec 1, 2005, 03:14 PM
On 2005-12-01 12:11, Kef wrote:

You're making me think Whitill 'owned' you, I think it stole your soul and ate your mind. <_<;

rena-ko
Dec 1, 2005, 03:18 PM
and everyone's eyesight.

Dana
Dec 1, 2005, 03:50 PM
On 2005-12-01 12:18, rena-ko wrote:
and everyone's eyesight.

I focus my eyes like 3 times http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

as for whitill>j00

it looks like j00 are trying to eat whitill.

I find-
,skyly
,whitll
,and purplenum the 3 best ID's

skyly is hunter
Whitll is ALOT
Purplelun is Ranger and fo

Hrith
Dec 1, 2005, 05:36 PM
I also like Redria for the cure units, and the lower rates on rare shields, units and armours in ultimate.

Skyly for it being a "lol, hunter" ID.

Purplenum for all the RA goodness.

Oran for Psycho Wand and Ep4.

Viridia for being my first Lv 200 ID >_>

zwandude15
Dec 1, 2005, 05:45 PM
Umm, i notice these finds are noticable, and also noted in the PDF intro by shapiro...they come by often for these section ID's..

Skyly- swords
Oran- Daggers
Bluefull- Partisans
Purplenum- mechguns?
Whitill- Slicers
Redria- Armors, shields
Yellowboze- meseta
Pinkal- Tech Disks of higher levels (i think this was proven wrong)

I'm not too sure as to other section ID's, this is off the top of my head, I'd look at the guide, but my PDF file wont open right now...

Dana
Dec 1, 2005, 05:46 PM
On 2005-12-01 14:36, Kef wrote:
I also like Redria for the cure units, and the lower rates on rare shields, units and armours in ultimate.

Skyly for it being a "lol, hunter" ID.

Purplenum for all the RA goodness.

Oran for Psycho Wand and Ep4.

Viridia for being my firstonly Lv 200 ID >_>

I agree everyone NEEDS a redria, or a friend with one. the cure/-- and even god/-- are needed (well, in GC anyways)

RadiantLegend
Dec 1, 2005, 06:14 PM
On 2005-12-01 12:11, Kef wrote:

Amen!

Forte1224
Dec 1, 2005, 07:08 PM
On 2005-12-01 14:45, zwandude15 wrote:
Umm, i notice these finds are noticable, and also noted in the PDF intro by shapiro...they come by often for these section ID's..

Skyly- swords
Oran- Daggers
Bluefull- Partisans
Purplenum- mechguns?
Whitill- Slicers
Redria- Armors, shields
Yellowboze- meseta
Pinkal- Tech Disks of higher levels (i think this was proven wrong)

I'm not too sure as to other section ID's, this is off the top of my head, I'd look at the guide, but my PDF file wont open right now...

Ehehee... You forgot 2

Greenil = rifles
Viridia = Shots

And Whitill does NOT OWN. It's possibly one of the crappiest ID unless you're going after the Guld/Milla thing.

Redria owns all.

Neith
Dec 1, 2005, 07:14 PM
It's all personal preference >_>

Some ID's, such as Skyly, Oran, Greenill (or Greennill http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ) are more suited for certain playstyles- Skyly is a very strong Hunter ID, but lacks many Ranger/Force weapons, as well as easy to obtain defensive equipment. Oran is mainly daggers, so would also mainly benefit a Hunter. Some ID's, such as Whitill, Yellowboze seem to have a nice array of finds, from canes to swords. Just look through the dropcharts, (particularly Ultimate mode), and choose an ID that gets the drops you want.

I don't like Section ID discussions much, it seems to turn to flaming quite often =/

I have a Whitill, and consider it to be an ok ID, but I much prefer Skyly, Oran, and Yellowboze in Ep1/2.

Forte1224
Dec 1, 2005, 07:20 PM
FLAME!!!

You know what's really the most underrated ID? Poor bluefull. *tear*

Hrith
Dec 1, 2005, 09:25 PM
Bluefull is not underrated, it just sucks.

Derek0660
Dec 1, 2005, 09:36 PM
which ID has an increased chance of a weapon dropping with hit%?

Hrith
Dec 1, 2005, 09:59 PM
http://romain.bernardi.free.fr/pso/parates.html

PJ
Dec 1, 2005, 10:01 PM
IDs strengths and weakness... hmm...

Whitill has pretty much the best stuff, but the best stuff is also the rarest stuff.

Purplenum and Redria are my personal favourites, mostly because they have some nice drops that are much easier compared to Whitill (And Redria has been my luckiest ID so far)

I know which ID I think is the worst... but yeah XD

Zael
Dec 1, 2005, 10:01 PM
On 2005-12-01 18:36, Derek0660 wrote:
which ID has an increased chance of a weapon dropping with hit%?

Yellowboze

Hrigg
Dec 1, 2005, 10:10 PM
On 2005-12-01 18:25, Kef wrote:

XD

Quote'd.

Zael
Dec 1, 2005, 10:10 PM
Whitill - It has awesome ruins drops, and gets guld/milla. It's episode 4 drops are better then most IDs, and it's the only one that can hunt Vivienne and v101 at the same time.

Skyly - If you're a hunter, everything you need is right here. Awesome caves and towers drops.

Redria - Easy God/Battle, Cure/Units, Armors/Sheilds

Purplenum - If you're a ranger, everything you need is right here as well. You get FS, Needle, Rage, Yas9k, Heaven Striker etc.

Yellowboze - Has decent drops in all episodes.

Oran - Used to be a "meh" ID in episode 1 and 2 but its arguablely the best ID for episode 4.

Bluefull - "It's not underrated, it just sucks" XD

Greenill - It's an ok ID but it's not as good as most IDs. But it does get easy Guard Waves... Its episode 4 drops aren't good and doesnt get any exclusive drops in EP4.

Pinkal - See Bluefull

Viridia - Never tried it, no comment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2005-12-01 19:18 ]</font>

xxTrystanxx
Dec 1, 2005, 10:43 PM
In relation to Oran being a "meh" ID for episode 1&2 anyone else notice that Oran drops a LOT of Mind Materials and FO things? My fiance's main is an Oran HUmar and my main is a Redria FOmarl and I can't seem to find a Mind Mat to save my life! But I get tons of Powers http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I wondered if this was normal for those section IDs, or just my own bad luck superimposed onto my character.

I haven't really experienced other IDs, though I did read somewhere that Viridia is good for rangers... I have a Viridia RAcast... so far, so good.

Forte1224
Dec 1, 2005, 10:51 PM
On 2005-12-01 18:25, Kef wrote:

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif YOU MADE FUN OF MY ID. *Cries in lonesome corner of the room*

I guess it does suck. TOO MANY GAE BOLGS. I mean who would use them?
Only thing I found worth keeping on that ID is probably my D-comets x 3.

Saiffy
Dec 1, 2005, 11:42 PM
As much as I like bluefull...I've gotten pretty much everything I can possibly get from it. >_> Realistic drops, anyways.

Overall, I like redria the best. It's got a lot of fair drops, and although it's probably been my least lucky ID, eh, that just means I got lots to do with it.

Then again, I need to start doing Guld runs, and I ain't making a greennill.

*becomes kef fanboi lolz*

Hrith
Dec 2, 2005, 07:49 AM
Heaven Punisher is such a realistic drop, Saiff http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Redria is lacking in too many domains to be a reliable ID, but I consider it the best support ID, by far.

You forgot Skyly Seabed, Zael http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif clearly the best Seabed.

Viridia got me many nice things (Lavis Cannon XD), but having a Lv 200 Viridia with 1750 hours is kinda biased >_>

trypticon
Dec 2, 2005, 12:08 PM
Greenill kicks ass....

runs!

PJ
Dec 3, 2005, 11:09 AM
I don't see how Oran is such a good ID, and Bluefull sucks.

Bluefull has some good Ep2, Oran has some good... 1 drop? THAT makes the ID worth it, despite Bluefull getting it in the same place, at the same rate, from an enemy that's only barely less common, unless you're offline only, where the Bluefull route is the way to go? And even online... PW3?

And Episode 4, the drops are mainly the same, the only exception seems to be, Oran gets some junky female-only dagger with a crap special (Gush). Unreduced? So? If you're in danger of dying, gush on a weapon with the range of a dagger is not gonna save you, Resta/Mates will. And you can use those on other, better weapons too!

And so, taking Ult Episode 4 drops into consideration, where does Oran even change from Bluefull? (Yeah, BLuefull wasn't even brought up for Ep4, but yeah)

Pazuzu - Bluefull Ophelia Seize, Oran Vivienne. So, a ranger only gun that makes a powerful mechgun, also given an unrealistically easy HP drop in VH/Ult, or a female only Double saber. Hmmm...

Goran Detonator - Bluefull Photon Crystal, Oran Rage De Feu, an item that gets you into a future quest that gets you uber weapons quickly and stupidly (I don't like the concept of the quest, but yeah), versus a mechgun with a little extra range.

Del Rappy - Bluefull Heavenly/Battle vs Oran Cursed Cloak... hmmm, I wonder...

Merissa AA - So far, the only drop that Oran beats Bluefull, and because it's female only, not by much.

And Saint-Milion/Kondrieu/Shambertin... wow! All the same drops! Variety a plenty for Oran. Atleast Bluefull gets a chance at an unrealistically easy HP.

So, don't be taken a back by my hate for Oran, but can someone please calmly and with evidence tell me why Oran is so good, and where Bluefull is actually bad?

Saiffy
Dec 3, 2005, 11:13 AM
Not to mention, almost all episode 4 drops are similiar/shared with another ID(s), save the boss drops. It's not like Oran is the only ID that gets Vivienne.

Hrith
Dec 3, 2005, 12:58 PM
Oran and Whitill pwn all the other IDs because, they have very few weak spots.
Oran = Morning Prayer
Whitill = Lieutenant Gear

Viridia is also rather good.
Then Bluefull and Pinkal.

The others are mostly junk compared to those 5, except for their Girta/Kondrieu drops.

And we all know that Daylight Scar is much better than Striker Coat or Heaven Punisher.

Striker Coat makes a ridiculously ugly mag that makes the best weapon in the game half as good http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
Heaven Punisher, useless on its own, makes Mille Marteaux, which is only the third best mechgun (not to mention Ophelie Seize is as rare as HP).

Flapjack Flapper is the best Merissa AA drop by very far, kthx.

Cursed Cloak is an excellent frame, but only for 3 chars in the game. Heavenly/Battle is probably better, but not ID exclusive.

You can trade Rage de Feu for 10 Photon Crystals http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Oran, Pinkal and Viridia get a better rate for V501.

Oran is better than Bluefull, that's really clear to me, that does not mean it's "better by a lot" or that "since Oran is better, Bluefull is bad".

PJ
Dec 3, 2005, 02:14 PM
My thoughts are, for Ep4, since most of the drops are identical, there aren't any, "Clear winners."

And since I know Oran is my least favourite Ep1 & 2 ID, that's where my overall dislike for the ID comes from.

I'm also biased on the Flapjack Flapper bit... frankly, I'm liking the looks of the Flamberge much better (Saber with Spirit? Yes sir), and of course, with no female characters, what use am I gonna use a Flapjack Flapper for? Right, to trade for a Slicer of Fanatic.

And of course, all the comments of how Bluefull sucks (From everyone) it certainly sounds like everyone's saying it's bad...

Zael
Dec 3, 2005, 02:30 PM
Most of the drops are identical, but Oran gets lots of the better ones. Oran Desert alone gets you Rage De Feu, v501, Vivienne, Flapjack Flapper, Daylight Scar, Cursed Cloak, Lieutenant Mantle and Slicer of Fanatic drops.

Hrith
Dec 4, 2005, 09:25 AM
On 2005-12-03 11:14, PJ wrote:
My thoughts are, for Ep4, since most of the drops are identicalOkay... read the charts better, only a few IDs are identical among themselves, definitely not all 10 of them. And there are clear winners (Viridia, Bluefull, Pinkal, Oran, Whitill), Yellowboze, Redria and Greennill suck for Ep4 (once again, Girtablulu and Kondrieu drops are not taken into account, since those are good in all IDs). Yellowboze's Lame D'Argent redeems it more than the other IDs, but still >_>

I'm also biased on the Flapjack Flapper bit... frankly, I'm liking the looks of the Flamberge much better (Saber with Spirit? Yes sir), and of course, with no female characters, what use am I gonna use a Flapjack Flapper for?Yes, "biased".

Flapjack is the 3rd most powerful and accurate dagger, and usable by 4 classes, like Lavis Blade, S-Red's Blade, Red Dagger, S-Rank Blade, etc.
Not biased http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And comparing a saber to a dagger = lol u out

The only thing that makes Excalibur so good is that it hits 3 targets, otherwise it'd suck, like any other saber, even with 925 ATP and Berserk.

Saffran
Dec 4, 2005, 09:33 AM
Bah.
Huge Flower Bouquet is a saber and it hits up to 7 targets. Now that's some weapon!

More seriously, I don't see what people don't like in Bluefull. Sure it doesn't have easy drops, but it has a lot of potential.

Feelmirath
Dec 4, 2005, 11:54 AM
Ok, here's what i figure so far:

Whitill: Everybody's figured it owns by now http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif
Purplenum: Good for mechs... too god damn many of them ><
Viridia: Would be a more decent ID if yasha was a little easier drop
Pinkal: Its not terrible... Just doesn't have many outstanding drops >_>
Oran: Can't really feel the magic in it (except for twin chakram, aura field and daylight scar)
Skyly: Good for j-swords. Oh, and chain sawd.
Yellowboze: The uber flowens makes this a decent ID
Bluefull: Yes, too many gae bolgs ><
Greenil: Haven't really had a great go with one, so I wouldn't know it's worth. Aparrantly, it's bad for ep4, so yeah >_>

Forte1224
Dec 4, 2005, 03:22 PM
Lol. Skyly finds crap until you get to ultimate caves. All I found were damn Justy's and Dragon slayers.

Warbot3780
May 18, 2006, 12:32 PM
Unless you want a oh whats the weapon I am thinking of oh ya now I remember it is called the HEAVEN PUNISHER and bluefull has the best chance of getting it.

Warbot3780
May 18, 2006, 12:34 PM
Ooooh my bad people I meant to post on the other page sorry bout that.

-Crokar-
May 18, 2006, 02:17 PM
viridia is my main id. ive found lots of good stuff with it (yasha,lavis cannon,nei's claw) but i find to many final impacts and guilty lights.
so its a decent id if you can get lucky with the drops.

reria is a great support id

purplenum- havent really been playing much of ultimate with it but it drops alot of l&k 14 combats <_< but its has some good stuff.

never really played with any others

Neith
May 18, 2006, 03:11 PM
On 2005-12-04 12:22, Forte1224 wrote:
Lol. Skyly finds crap until you get to ultimate caves. All I found were damn Justy's and Dragon slayers.

There's some nice drops pre-Ult. Also, Ult Caves, CCA, Tower, Seabed all own.

Ultimate Caves isn't even very far through the game, and Ult Forest's only vaguely good for a few ID's anyway.

All ID's find rubbish until about the same stage really. Look at Skyly's common item-type finds- Sword and Rifle, Hence Dragon Slayer and Justy. Same as Oran with Cross Scar, or Whitill with Diska of Bravemans.