PDA

View Full Version : America doesn't deserve to be online.

KodiaX987
Dec 2, 2005, 05:21 PM
When I say America, I really mean America, as in the landmass composed of:

-USA
-Canada
-Mexico
-Guatemala
-Brazil
-Peru
-Uruguay
-Argentina
-Panama
-Chile
-Barbados
-Bahamas
-Trinidad & Tobago
-Cuba
-Dominican Republic
-Haiti
-Honduras
-Every little shit I forgot and I couldn't care less...

Seriously. We have got to be the most piss-poor community to ever exist in this dimension. We systematically destroy every online game to fall into our hands by invading it like a virus, going where we're not supposed to go and basically attempting to have their way no matter what happens and no matter if they're right or wrong.

Skeptical? Let me point out some (true) stories. Some are almost benign, while others are genuinely scary.

GUNZ
I get called a cheater, a hacker, a n00b, and I systematically get kicked out of every game I join. Why? Because I happen to be winning by a margin that's a bit too large according to the taste of the game master. I win a 15-kill game, the second best is 7 kills. I get kicked out. I come back and jokingly ask what the kick was for. The reply was a simple "JUST GO" and I get kicked again. I ain't a hacker, you pussies just suck at the game. Admit it and get on with your life (or death for that matter...)

GUNBOUND
Oh, man, what haven't we said about GunBound already. Arguably gifted with that possibly has to be the worst assemblage of shit ever seen on the face of the Internet. I don't think even the whole galaxy of Andromeda has this many stupid people. Let's run down a few of the common mistakes: People use their opponents as meatshields but forget that by doing this, vice versa applies. You get called a n00b if you miss your shot by even as much as one pixel. You are absolutely forbidden to gang up on a single opponent (your teammates will shoot you down if you do that), you are also absolutely forbidden to kill an opponent someone else has damaged (those people will usually scream "MY KILL MY KILL MY KILL" and set out to shoot you down if you take down the opponent anyway), you must also click the Ready button within 0.00001 seconds of your entry into the game or else you will be spammed then kicked. You will also be called a hacker if you hit your opponents too many times, after which you get kicked. People also lack basic common sense such as moving away when there's a bunch of people stuck together, and I've seen more than one person shoot himself down because he systematically forgot to take the wind into account (which rarely changes if ever.) Oh yeah, if you use Bigfoot, you're automatically a n00b no matter what you say or do and you'll remain a n00b forever because you dared to even hover your mouse over Bigfoot. Don't ask me why it's like this.

ALBATROSS18
Sorry, even PURELY COOPERATIVE games have people trying to make life hard for you. It's recently become extremely difficult for me to finish an 18-hole game simply because people almost always forfeit when they start making bad shots. I've never seen foursomes disintegrate faster in my life. If that happened in real golf, I'd paint the whole damn course red with their bodies.

COUNTERSTRIKE
Self-explanatory.

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE
Ouch! NOLing, FSODing, GSing, hacking, cheating - I think PSO has pretty much seen it all. This has got to be the only online game where I've actually witnessed a cheat that allows someone to be reduced to a level 5 NPC. Even Microsoft Windows doesn't have such blatant security holes.

LINEAGE II
Oh man, if it wasn't enough with the grinding, you had people griefing you, gratuitiously PKing you, stealing items, killstealing, or asking for a reward if they happened to run into something you had dropped behind. Died? Lost your shield in the process? Just too bad. If you want your shield back, you'll have to buy it back from the dude who found it and patiently sat there waiting for you to try to claim back what was yours. Oh yes, let's not forget what has to be the stupidest story ever: the admin banned an alliance leader from the game. When several alliance members learned that the admin lived in the same city as they did, they set out to go beat the guy up. No word on if the enveavor was successful. When I formulated my opposition to such a retarded project, I was called an unfaithful little bitch and promptly banned from the alliance.

Someone mentioned one day that I had suggested a test should be taken prior to entering the Internet. I didn't remember, so it's a good sign that it was a stupid idea in the first place. No test is needed because AMERICA FAILS IN ADVANCE! You wanna know why Pearl Harbor happened? Because the Japanese saw it coming and gave us a pre-emptive punishment before it was too late. Unfortunately, it was too late. That's right. It was too late before the Internet happened. Weak. Very weak.

We're not worthy of the games we're playing. We don't deserve the servers we're playing on. None of them. Starting now, I decreet that the continent of America be banned from the Internet.

Scrub
Dec 2, 2005, 05:29 PM
http://www.gamestar.hu/apix_collect/0205/worldofw/box.jpg
:3

Anyway, haha I'll agree with you on most of that. Of course, I can only get the canadian and american assholes, because I cant understand whatever the hell people are saying in other countries. Unforunately, a lot of those times I cant understand the 'English' that is supposedly spoken in those games, as well. =/

In most of those games, I just ended up playing with a handful of people in private sessions/games/whatever, because I didn't want to deal with the ignorance of all the other players. ._.

watashiwa
Dec 2, 2005, 05:30 PM
Haha, I so feel you on Lineage 2. I got to level 30, then went to play a new character with a friend. We were leveling outside of the Dark Elf starting location and some guy named "IPKYou", along with a buddy "uPKthem" run up to us while we're killing some animals.

We were pretty far up and I was pissed 'cuz I would have had to walk back pretty far from the town. My friend was about to leave and I was like, hold on a second.

So I got my level 30 and warped to the Dark Elf area and found the two guys, then PK'd them both. (One shot kill for both..) And my character turned red..

I sat down for a second while I was chatting with my other friend and then, I guess, the other guy logs in with a higher character "LordOfPK" and starts to attack me while I'm sitting. Most of his attacks missed and he was typing "lol".

Finally, I got up and Power Shot one hit killed him again.

I ran around for a bit and saw some Sentries and Tree Guardians walking around. I'd have to run through the Forest carefully, but now that I'm red, anyone can kill me without penalty and my items would have a higher chance of dropping.

Rather than have any of my stuff drop, since I had good equipment, I just quit the game... forever. I was getting bored of it anyway. I let my Ranger rest in peace from that point on. I should log back on her again, if she exists, and go kill a bunch of noobs.

Of course, if I did that, I wouldn't be any better than the other assholes... but, hey, lol.. I don't really care at that point.

I quit playing in January, though, so my character probably doesn't exist anymore... (Unless they don't ever delete characters)

I wonder with all the upgrades, if they ever reset Karma levels or had to for any new system. Then my character wouldn't be Chaotic anymore and I might consider playing...

(Hmm, maybe I should renew my subscription for a month and find out..)

EDIT: Oh, I found images to accompany my story, lol.

Image 1 (http://www.vengefulsoda.com/teth_goes_red01.jpg) | Image 2 (http://www.vengefulsoda.com/teth_goes_red02.jpg) | Image 3 (http://www.vengefulsoda.com/teth_goes_red03.jpg)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2005-12-02 15:44 ]</font>

Dek
Dec 2, 2005, 05:47 PM
Kodiax, you forgot Warcraft 3 http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

As far as WC3 goes, I would say the community it just as bad as those you mentioned. Because when you play WC3 online...

A. You're expected to know how to play Defense of the Ancients, all versions/variants of Footman Wars, and any and all Tower Defense maps as soon as you make your account (maybe before making your account at this rate).
B. All Warcraft chat areas have at least one bot advertising their clan with requirements that no one in the specific chat server have met...
C. You are automatically called a noob if cannot properly rush in a ladder game.
D. All games have at least one person that bitches about the lag.

As much as I like the next game I will mention, it also has as few community-related flaws...

Star Wars: Battlefront (don't know about BF2, but I'm sure the same apply)

A. People in starfighters will generally camp any Command Post that is owned by an enemy force.
B. Anyone in a starfighter (or turrets) will try their best to destroy any enemy ship (or any ship on the enemy territory), even when no one is in the ship (which is a good 80% of the time)
C. Team killing: need I say more?
D. No one knows how to vote to kick someone from the server. I kid you not. If there is an alliance that is trying to boot a player for Team Killing, there will only be a good 3 people (including myself) that know how to vote. Meanwhile, the others on the same alliance will ask how to vote....SEVEN TIMES. Even if they know how to vote to boot the TK-er, they won't anyways...

Deathscythealpha
Dec 2, 2005, 09:21 PM
Ive given up even trying any online games as I know most of the people playing them will be jerks. Final Fantasy 11 has to be the worst 2 months of my game playing life. It seemed that everyone I met on that game was a total prick and everything lacked teamwork. The best example of this was when I got killed by a monster and everyone in the party fled...and never came back. They didnt even bother trying to find someone to resurect me. They left me in that fucking desert for 45 minutes, just me talking to the freaking sand. Im so glad I was paying good money to get sand in my armour.

Shattered_weasel
Dec 2, 2005, 09:52 PM
I have finnaly after 3-4 years of playing Counter-Strike I have found a server where the people are awesome. On top of that it is a Warcraft3 Mod. This was on CS 1.6.

I then went to try out CS:S at a friends house. It was the worst experience I have had in my internet life. Every 3rd word was either "Hacker/Suck/*some explitive*/Noob".

I really think that you should make a internet test that if you fail it you get some sort of virus that ruins your internet connection.

Skorpius
Dec 2, 2005, 10:39 PM
The majority of the dickheads on PSOGC had EU Hunter's Licences.

Mystil
Dec 2, 2005, 11:36 PM
FFXI has gil(money) sellers, fish bots(before the patch)..uhm..zone warpers.. All kinds of devices which gives the player an unfair advantage.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 3, 2005, 05:58 AM
Remove voice and text chat from online games altogether besides maybe word select features standard with more useful phrases. Heh.

Encourage single player gaming!

But hell that is never going to happen. Outsourcing your gaming while you sleep to a country on the other side of the globe to some poor soul who power levels a character for a fee is one thing that shows how bad this era is.

Anything Everquest related is a horror story, anything Halo related is a flame war, etc.

eBay auctions, duplicating items, unruly players, repeat until communities dissolve.

I remember your online racing game stories as well, heh.

Also, since when did it become nearly standard to review and rate games based on not having an online mode? Just because the game would have been fun online? Just because it "just screams co-op"?

What happened to rating games as they are, rather than docking points for no online modes- especially if none were ever announced?

(I can understand if the hype on a game including rumors and developer interviews stating an online mode should have been in the finished product and it was missing.)

But hey, how can I forget the JP language player running Ultimate Ruins with me in DC using Lavis Blades and 180% to Dark killing everything with one hit from half a room away, grabbing a rare from right at my feet as I fell down and couldn't pick it up after killing the enemy. He didn't show me the item or mention it at all, and is silent up at Pioneer 2's bank/shops.

Later on the player uses no word select and types in Japanese as I use only word select and doesn't pick up that I can't read it and am using word select exclusively!

Feelmirath
Dec 3, 2005, 08:50 AM
Heh, and on top of that, there was the opitamy. Runescape.
Problems with it:
1.) As soon as you start off, even people 2 lvls ahead of you will call you a n00b
2.) If you die, you lose all but 3 pieces of equipment. Just try getting that back off the person that picks it up.
3.) Most Runescape players are 3 year olds. NO JOKE.
4.) There is always some idiot that will try to scam you... sometimes they do it so badly it's hilarious!
5.) Castle wars has many problems:
- If you have the flag, you are called a flag n00b
- If you use a medi-pak, you are a heal n00b
- if you blow up a barricade, you are a n00b
- If you die even to somebody who is lvl 126, you are a n00b
- If you section off your flag so the enemy can't get to it, you are a n00b
6.) you get idiots following you, telling you to take them to such and such a place (you can't stop them following you)
7.) Nobody speaks proper english on it, i swear >_>
8.) You are a n00b if you use worse than rune equipment
9.) People constantly hang around in shops, taking the best items half a millisecond after they appear in the shop

There, that's 9 reasons off the top of my head.
I quit last February.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2005-12-03 05:51 ]</font>

Neith
Dec 3, 2005, 12:54 PM
Unreal Tournament/2004: So many people use aim-bots on this, that it isn't funny. Oh yeah, it's so fun playing against someone with 100% accurate guns [/sarcasm] Also, it seems like a lot of players are either new, and get slammed for not being a 300 kills-an-hour machine, or are elitist, and act like they own you, even after you prove you're a better player.

Lineage II: Ha, I know what you mean.... I tried this out when my brother had it. I quit within a week, after not being able to do much on it. Player Killers waited outside the starting locations, and killed you as soon as you went to train. I think I met more PK'ers on that game than friendly players.

PSO: I'm not even gonna mention it, other than 'lol, n00b', 'FSOD', 'h4x'. Enough said.

It seems to happen with every online game- the English speaking community seems to ruin it for other players. In Lineage for example, I met a lot of non-European/American players (mainly Korean), which were fine. Always seemed to be Americans and English that were the problem users. >_>

I'm gonna give Guild Wars a shot (just because it's free online), and see what that's like. Probably the same, but it'll only be until PSU, which will likely suffer the same fate >_<

Uncle_bob
Dec 3, 2005, 01:19 PM
Know why online games suck? It's everyone's fault. There were assholes from Asia, the Americas, and Europe all playing PSO.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 3, 2005, 11:25 PM
I dunno, Shuri. I don't expect that the Americas are alone in these flaws. Let's not forget that PSO on GC was hit so bad, that there was a second JP version to deters cheaters before it was even released in the US, and I'm confident that the only reason why we don't hear more complaints about Europeans is that they just don't seem to get the games available to them until the Japanese and an North Americans have already chewed them up, assuming they get them at all, and can then afford the stupidly expensive charges associated with internet service over there.

The problem isn't the community as a whole. The problem is that there are too many people in the world who are morally deficient, mentally inept and devoid of any useful foresight. These people just don't understand how to play a game for what it's worth, and quite frankly, I think there's too much tolerance for them.

When I create my MMO, I suspect I may give a test upon account creation that determines whether or not you can get into the same servers as competant players.

Scejntjynahl
Dec 4, 2005, 12:29 AM
Or perhaps not all people view online games as the be all of life. Understandibally if you engage in any activity solely just for the sake of doing somethi, chances are that it wont be treated with moral respect. Its not like its a job. Nor does one feel like there is any true physical involvement among the participants in an online game. That gives a sense of no obligation to anyone, which then sets us free to do whatever the hell we want. In the end its the lack of supervision that creates a bad online community. "When the cat is out, the rats come out and play"

Skorpius
Dec 5, 2005, 07:41 AM
My point didn't come out as clear as I had hoped. Too subtle, actually.

Why single out "Americas"? Every country has the same type of people. It's HUMAN NATURE to win during competition, and many people will do whatever it takes to win.

Zelutos
Dec 5, 2005, 01:39 PM
Canada deserves to be online ;.;

Para
Dec 5, 2005, 10:18 PM
btw... isnt it world of whorecraft? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

space_butler
Dec 6, 2005, 02:17 PM
On 2005-12-05 04:41, Skorpius wrote:

Why single out "Americas"? Every country has the same type of people. It's HUMAN NATURE to win during competition, and many people will do whatever it takes to win.

american servers are normally the ones filled with retards maybe? on the rare occasions I play CS:S and go into an american server im either kicked for lag (100 latency = kick? only in america!) or the only things said are 'omg u hax u faggit lolololololol'. when I go to the european servers there are tactics, very little deleberate (sp?) TKing and no screaming at all. I think that shows americans suck at games http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Skorpius
Dec 6, 2005, 02:36 PM
That doesn't really prove anything. All the 'retards' could just be European 'retards' playing on US servers.

Shattered_weasel
Dec 6, 2005, 02:40 PM
Also you have to take in the Population ratio. With more people there are more assholes.

Skorpius
Dec 6, 2005, 02:46 PM
I think it's safe to assume that the human race, as a whole, has some dim bulbs in the bunch.

Jive18
Dec 6, 2005, 07:23 PM
On 2005-12-06 11:46, Skorpius wrote:
I think it's safe to assume that the human race, as a whole, has some dim bulbs in the bunch.

Amen to that. I think it should also be noted that Halo for the PC is an equally-bad online experience. My friend and I used to rotate playing on the servers whenever I went to his house, but nowadays people are so unruly that we hardly even consider giving it one more chance.

space_butler
Dec 7, 2005, 11:43 AM
On 2005-12-06 11:36, Skorpius wrote:
That doesn't really prove anything. All the 'retards' could just be European 'retards' playing on US servers.

not unless they have some kind of magical internet that lets them get 30-50 ping, when my 2mbit gets 150+ (or 30-50 on european servers)