PDA

View Full Version : My shot at a realistic drawing

InfinityXXX
Dec 2, 2005, 07:02 PM
Heres a picture I did of a model in my vibe magazine. This is my first time drawing a realistic like drawing so tell me what yall think and what I can improve on.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/FictionXX/Model.jpg

Oni140
Dec 2, 2005, 07:04 PM
It is sooo much better than what I can do of realistic drawings *cries*

Ahem! Its beautiful!

I'll be happy to see more http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ai_no_usagi
Dec 2, 2005, 07:07 PM
holy crap, that looks awesome!

Hydro-Toxin
Dec 2, 2005, 07:13 PM
This is really awesome for your first realistic drawing!

The only thing I can say is: Maybe you draw the hair next time with full lines.
Would look better I think :3

InfinityXXX
Dec 3, 2005, 02:51 AM
The hair was real confusing and then I got bored and tired.(An artist's worst enemies) so it turned out like that. Right now I'm working on a realistic picture of my Greatgrandmom and of a singer named Mary J Blige. But thank yall for yall replies and advice.

Skorpius
Dec 3, 2005, 02:59 AM
It looks really good for a first try. There's a lack in detail, though, but that could just be the style applied.

If you ever get tired, or bored, of a drawing, put it down and pick it up later. A late work is better than a halfassed work.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Dec 3, 2005, 03:13 AM
my only suggestion for now is....
You know that little dent between your nose and your lip? That. just a small lightly shaded area there.
Otherwise, I really like the gestural shading on the face. ^u^

Sayara
Dec 3, 2005, 09:43 AM
I would really like to see your source. Its looking good, but i wanna see if Skorp is correct about it being sorta lack of detail.

InfinityXXX
Dec 4, 2005, 09:57 AM
I can bring the source tommorow, I left it in my portfolio at school. Hmm, I think I should've showed her cheekbones with the shading and also, in the original picture, the model is kind of smiling.