PDA

View Full Version : HUcaseal in Ult Ruins. (How not to get owned?)

Neith
Dec 5, 2005, 01:15 PM
My Yellowboze HUcaseal is lv128. For a while, she's been upto Ruins, but I'm finding it difficult (mainly due to 'only' 700 DFP). I use traps a lot, but am still having to pipe back a lot to stock up on traps and Dimates/Trimates.

I have a higher level HUnewearl, which I find very easy to solo with, but my HUcaseal has a bit of trouble. Here's her current equip:
Weapons
Chain Sawd+15 (0/0/0/30)
Meteor Cudgel/Red Daggers
Red Handgun/60% Hit Custom Ray

Armour/Units/Shield
4 slot Luminous Field
God/HP
God/Body
God/Battle
Hero/Ability (yes, I should replace this.)
Kasami Bracer

Mag
Lv200 Churel (Estlla/Pilla/Mylla & Youlla), 20/140/40/0.

I have around 1078HP, and getting beat down in around 3-4 hits >_>

Any advice on making this easier? Yellowboze Ruins has some nice drops... I don't have trouble online, when someone is there to cast S/D/J/Z, but soloing is hard. Don't say 'play online' either, since I don't play online a great deal.

Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2005-12-05 10:23 ]</font>

Delfi
Dec 5, 2005, 01:22 PM
Im not so experienced with a hucasseal although i do have 1 at level 35ish i think, she is just about able to use a monkey king bar - i would defiantely try to get 1 of these and either use that or convert it into a black king bar - also instead of using the chain sawd for hp stealing it might be worth trying to find gush vulcans or gush blade/dagger with reasonable hit on them - i dunno ive not made it to ulti with my hucassael yet, just thinking that these hit more times than chainsawd and faster although chainsawd does hit multiple enemies.

Let me know if you figure out anything that works well please.

ALso i take it still no SJS ?? - btw unsealing it is more a pain than finding it.

Just another thought wuold using Leilla on a mag pb on a hucaseal also replenish traps does anyone know??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delfi on 2005-12-05 10:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delfi on 2005-12-05 10:26 ]</font>

Neith
Dec 5, 2005, 01:28 PM
Bleh, mag stats are 20/140/40/0, sorry about that >_>

I have some 35% Hit Gush Vulcans, but my RAcaseal is using those, and I don't want ANOTHER Hunter using Mechs- I actually want to melee >_>

The Chain Sawd is really handy- I just drop freeze traps, and recover my HP with the special attack..

Another thing that concerns me is my damage. I'm only doing around 270 damage, with Heavy attacks from the Cudgel. I know it's because I don't have Shifta, but it's still a little low for my liking >_<

So far, my 'attack plan' is:

- Drop Confuse/Freeze trap (depending on enemy)
-Equip Chain Sawd, go to work on the group, then use the Cudgel to take out the last one or two.

Still, using this, I have to return to Pioneer a lot, which is pretty annoying.

And I haven't really done many SJS runs of late, and I'm getting Guild Wars on Saturday, so that'll nuke the hunt even more.. I haven't given up, I just need a breather from it..

Saffran
Dec 5, 2005, 01:42 PM
Oops, you posted just as I was writing the reply...

Well, you seem to have most of the equipment you'll ever need. I don't understand the need for the God Body, but well, to each his own.
I have had problems dealing with offline Ult ruins with my Hucaseal, until I got Milla&Youlla on the mag. After that, no real problems anymore - except when I try to combo a Bringer with mechs and the last hits lock on some claw while he uses the 1400HP attack.
I must admit I use mechs a lot - they come in THAT handy.

My setup before:
Vulcans (plain Vulcans with 50%H from store)
Demolition Comet Supressed Gun
Brightness Circle with 3*Resist Devil and God Battle
Delsaber Shield
Some lv 200 mag

I would generally need to go once or twice back to Pioneer 2 until the first healing ring. Onwards, I'd abuse it - unless I had close to no PB and going to P2 and back would be faster (it generally is).

My Setup now:
Same weapons but with a Last Survivor (with hit)
Same armour, units and shield
Rappy 5/130/64/1 (just don't ask, please -_- )

I can make it no prob until the first healing ring and from there rinse and repeat.
As far as damage is concerned, yeah, dealing few damage is a huge problem with bots, until you get the PB activated. Then the damage just skyrockets. Using Red Beat Blades is actually not all that good, but it can help if you meet some really tough cookie. (these abound in Ep2. In Ep1, it's rather ok)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saffran on 2005-12-05 10:48 ]</font>

Skorpius
Dec 5, 2005, 02:08 PM
Don't go into Ruins. You won't get owned. ;o

RadiantLegend
Dec 5, 2005, 02:11 PM
How much mat did you feed her? Hp? pow?

I'd say ditch the god body and god hp and go for god powers and god arm. Get you a charge vulcan, also s-reds will help alittle. If its possible get a red sword too. Also know where the heal rings are in ruins(1-3) so you can budget your traps usage.

My hucaseal has this setup
DF field
Kasami
God arm x2
God power
God ability
(5/145/50/0)
Red sword, srank swords(uses mostly online), charge gatlings, Demo comet.

Use Ctraps on groups and save Freeze traps for when you really need it. Also use your mates. Dont depend on the chain sawd. Once you get 100 pb, do twins and pipe back for p2 and refill mates.

Also go for 1-2 combos not all 3, so you have time to dodge.

Saigan
Dec 5, 2005, 02:38 PM
Use stuff to raise your ATA. Light-Heavy-run combo against dimenian hordes. High hit% vulcans against the other nasties. Save traps for rooms that mix in Bringers or Sorcerers with enemy hordes. If you follow this strategy you should be able to get through each stage of Ruins with just one trip to shops in between each stage. Ruins 3 is probably the hardest if you get three Belras to one room.

RADiaNtVOiD
Dec 5, 2005, 02:40 PM
Churel mag does the S/D when bar fills and bosses and then heals when your health is low. IF not i would go with something like a Rati because they are best when soloing because it will cast the shifta/deband. My HUcaseal is lvl 85 and i use the Combat mechgun, and a Flowen AUW 3084. throw a trap, shoot it, slice...slice...slice. do this until ur out, then pipe up and get more traps. Sound wierd but that is what i do.

Skorpius
Dec 5, 2005, 02:41 PM
On 2005-12-05 11:40, RADiaNtVOiD wrote:
Churel mag does the S/D when bar fills and bosses and then heals when your health is low. IF not i would go with something like a Rati because they are best when soloing because it will cast the shifta/deband.

Invincibility is far better than Shifta and Deband. Nidra, Sato, Soniti.

RADiaNtVOiD
Dec 5, 2005, 02:55 PM
[/quote]
Invincibility is far better than Shifta and Deband. Nidra, Sato, Soniti.

[/quote]

She needs the strength and defense, no sense of invincibility when the enemys are ice cubes because thats when you need the strength ( if you use the strategy i suggested) but there probably is a mag that supporst both invincibility and shifta/deband. Try a panter tail or devil tail, then again Bhima does it also. There are a bunch of mags who do it. Even Kapu Kapu.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RADiaNtVOiD on 2005-12-05 11:59 ]</font>

Neith
Dec 5, 2005, 02:57 PM
Churel doesn't do Shifta/Deband anyway.. it does Resta (a bad one at that).

I dont really need a God/Arm, my base ATA is 180 already, she can hit fine, it's just taking damage that's bothering me.

I should probably go get another set of S-Red's Arms, they were useful when I had them, wish I'd not gotten rid of them >_<

Also, Ive been trying the 2-hit combo method, and it is working- takes a little longer to kill things, but gives me time to avoid some beatings.

The God/Body is there because she only has 709DFP, and obviously, no Deband/Jellen. Besides, I don't have anything to replace it with anyway http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'd rather not use the Red Sword either (I have one on Terra I could let my HUcaseal use), but the Sawd's special is a lifesaver..

RadiantLegend
Dec 5, 2005, 04:19 PM
My hucaseal is only lv 125 with 523 def

and she pwnz ruins.

<.< im telling u go for POWER!!!!

PJ
Dec 5, 2005, 04:22 PM
Only 709 Def? My characters are lucky if they get to that much Defense with Deband XD

Androids should be going back to town frequently for traps/mates, they don't have an unlimited source of healing obviously, and it's not like you're not gonna get hit in Ruins, especially as a Hunter. So it's not a terrible thing that you're continuesly going back. I know my HUcaseal has finished all the offline quests, but they didn't seem to take so long... Well, of my one memory card where I did all the Ult quests in a comparitively small timeframe, my HUcaseal finished them the second slowest (FOnewm and HUcast finishing the fastest, HUcaseal and RAmarl finishing the slowest). So, anyways, my point is, don't expect the HUcaseal to be amazing in soloing (What a long way to say such a simple point)

Well, also not amazing in a group, compared to HUcast or HUmar... yeah, I'm just not a fan of HUcaseal XD

Hrith
Dec 5, 2005, 04:42 PM
How can HUmar even compare to HUcaseal in a team? >_>
Same ATP, much lower ATA, no traps, lolz.

I suggest you use Traps a lot, allow monsters to regroup before heading for them, door snipe Delsabers and Sorcerers, prioritize killing Bringers, and confuse Belras, always, as a meleer, you cannot stand in place and see its arms fly by.

Skorpius
Dec 5, 2005, 04:44 PM
On 2005-12-05 11:55, RADiaNtVOiD wrote:
She needs the strength and defense, no sense of invincibility when the enemys are ice cubes because thats when you need the strength

You're saying invincibility isn't better than Shifta and Deband..?

And I stand by my "don't go into ruins" suggestion. Why even go in there? It's obviously too much of a hassle for you to post a topic about it, and Cave EXP will do just fine at that level.

PJ
Dec 5, 2005, 04:50 PM
On 2005-12-05 13:42, Kef wrote:
How can HUcaseal even compare to HUmar in a team? >_>
Still lower ATP, barely higher ATA, no magic, lolz.

Rafoie > Damage Traps
Rabarta > Freeze Traps
Resta > Mates indefinately
Jellen/Zalure > ...Nothing

I don't know how anyone can even try to compare HUcaseal to a HUmar, let alone in a superior sense.

EDIT: And to add humour, play a HUmar, caboose!

EDIT2: The freezee traps are upto opinion, the rest is just true

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2005-12-05 14:04 ]</font>

Saiffy
Dec 5, 2005, 04:56 PM
On 2005-12-05 13:42, Kef wrote:
How can HUmar even compare to HUcaseal in a team? >_>
Same ATP, much lower ATA, no traps, lolz.

How do RAmarl even compar to RAmars or RAcacts in a team? Less ATP than both, less ATA than one, no traps compared to another.

Don't say resta, cause HUmars got that and suck for it. And in a team, 20S/D/J/Z doesn't do better than 30S/D/J/Z...No matter how much you want it to or not >_>

I'm not trying to be offensive either, nor will I even reply back, since I simply know I'm right(Not trying to be arrogant either, although I realise I sound like I am)

But to add on the topic of HUs, my HUcaseal is lvl 111 and has to go to town a lot, pretty much the same equipment, but I also use black ring on her XD

I dunno, I guess I never had a problem with everything killing me fast. It's more fun if you're underleveled. HUcaseals are one of the worst for solo for a reason.

S-red could help, but I'd use it on my HUmar if I found them http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rabarta > Freeze Traps
Sorry PJ, but no. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2005-12-05 13:57 ]</font>

RADiaNtVOiD
Dec 5, 2005, 05:49 PM
On 2005-12-05 11:55, RADiaNtVOiD wrote:
She needs the strength and defense, no sense of invincibility when the enemys are ice cubes because thats when you need the strength

You're saying invincibility isn't better than Shifta and Deband..?

And I stand by my "don't go into ruins" suggestion. Why even go in there? It's obviously too much of a hassle for you to post a topic about it, and Cave EXP will do just fine at that level.

Yellowboze Ruins has some nice drops.

See i was to understand that she was doing the Ult Ruins because of the drops, and if you read the rest of my post you will have seen that i partially agreed with you on the invincibility which is why i suggested getting a chao or Bhima which gives you both. My point is that if she is soloing offline she will need that power boost from shifta so she can do more damage to enemies when they are frozen and cant harm her.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RADiaNtVOiD on 2005-12-05 14:51 ]</font>

Neith
Dec 5, 2005, 05:54 PM
On 2005-12-05 13:44, Skorpius wrote:

I'm not going to Ruins for the EXP, but for some of the rare drops (specifically Sorcerer's Arm, Bringer's Arm, Guardianna for kicks)

Ive found Shino to be a decent enough shield for me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif , so Ive been running Seek My Master, and piping back around twice a run.

RADiaNtVOiD
Dec 5, 2005, 05:58 PM
On 2005-12-05 14:54, UrikoBB3 wrote:

On 2005-12-05 13:44, Skorpius wrote:

I'm not going to Ruins for the EXP, but for some of the rare drops (specifically Sorcerer's Arm, Bringer's Arm, Guardianna for kicks)

Ive found Shino to be a decent enough shield for me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif , so Ive been running Seek My Master, and piping back around twice a run.

Yea thats what i thought, nobody would go to ruins at such an early level by themselves unless they were looking for drops. But yea with my HUcaseal i just throw a freeze trap, make them gather into a group it blows up freezes all of them then just use a sword and hit all of them. try a chao mag or Bhima there are many of them that give you invincibility and/or shifta/deband. these would come in handy.

Blitzkommando
Dec 5, 2005, 06:00 PM
Well, I believe the question was how to play a HUcaseal in Ruins, not the validity of a HUcaseal in a team.

Anyway, I played as a HUcaseal for a long time and that included doing Ruins and the like solo. Your weaponry and armor are just fine, but I do think you should consider a Slicer of some kind. I know that it is less 'melee' than a Sword or Partisan, but right now that is what would be good. It allows you to attack from afar, inflict status conditions if possible, and whittles away at HP until you are forced to go full out.

I know that Slicers are rather weak, especially with no Shifta for much of the time, but every hit counts. HUcaseals have enough ATA to pull it off very well without hit and even better with hit. I wouldn't suggest something like Diska of Braveman because the special would be rather risky but something like Diska of Liberator (I think that was it) for the possibility of confuse is great. If you have found an Arrest (or Bind, etc. but preferably Arrest) Diska it makes for a very effective way of conserving Freeze Traps in Ruins. I believe an Arrest sword/partisan could also prove beneficial in Ruins. I think Arrest is one of the specials that androids get a bonus to that Newman and human do not. (Someone correct me if I am wrong but I thought that was tested with some sort of Arrest rifle some time ago)

All in all, use status ailments to your advantage as they all can be very helpful. Oh, and, good luck on your hunts.

Neith
Dec 5, 2005, 06:06 PM
Hmm, I'll have to see what Diskas are in my HUnewearl's shop, and what I already have (yay for high hit% diskas with lame specials)

I've decided to ditch the Meteor Cudgel too, against the Arlan/Merlan/Del-D family, i can't pull off a Light/heavy/heavy combo most of the time. Daggers I am able to achieve this, so I'm using a set of Red Daggers, until I can get my hands on some S-Red's Blades.

And, anyone posting, the topic is about using the HUcaseal in Ruins, not how good one is/isn't in a team >_>

zwandude15
Dec 5, 2005, 06:15 PM
Drawing this from your info.....

1) You need more HP
2) You need more ATA

The HP deal....i was level 125 with my HUcast before i could beat Falz, and they're stronger than HUcaseals are. I kept on a God/Arm as well. Twin Sabers with HUcaseals are nice, their attack animation is much better and faster than other characters, so im not sure why you're giving it up..? Ummm...DEF is something you might wanna bump up a bit if they're doing that much to you. I hope any of this AT ALL helped, you've helped me before, so i'm always hoping to return the favor...

Neith
Dec 5, 2005, 06:19 PM
Whoa, I'm not concerned with fighting Falz, not just yet http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Only interested in surviving Ruins http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Yeah, I don't have a massive amount of HP (at least I don't when Arlans chip off 200-300 a hit). I said earlier though- ATA isn't a problem for me. I only have 40 dex on my Mag, and no God/Arm, but am still more accurate than my HUnewearl of 32 levels higher.

My Chain Sawd doesn't have Hit, but I can still EASILY leech HP from Ruins enemies (possible exception of Delsabers).

My ATA isn't a problem, it's the rate I'm taking damage at http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Skorpius
Dec 5, 2005, 06:23 PM
Psst!

Level up, first.

Might as well give a real reply:

My honest opinion is that you shouldn't be worrying about a level 127(?) HUcaseal in Ruins. As I've stated before, I feel that you could still gain from the EXP in lower areas, while getting stronger for Ruins. Not only would you be able to live, you'd be able to fight the boss of those areas, as well.

If you're adamant on being a masochist, you shouldn't be going too deep into strategy. PSO requires little to no strategy in gameplay.

Need more power? Bosst ATP.
Need more defense? Boost DFP.
Need more accuracy? Boost ATA.
Need more health? Boost HP.

Don't get hit.
Use the menues to run passed the enemies and make them fumble over each other in groups as you swing your sword twice.

Heal with mates to heal.
Specials are usually inaccurate and worthless. One mate is all you need.

Use traps frequently.

If you're still having problems, that's a sign that your stats aren't high enough, and that you should take a step down and go back when you're ready.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-12-05 15:32 ]</font>

RadiantLegend
Dec 5, 2005, 06:27 PM
...Get more Atp.

v.v it will save you a lot of pain.

zwandude15
Dec 5, 2005, 06:36 PM
On 2005-12-05 15:19, UrikoBB3 wrote:
I said earlier though- ATA isn't a problem for me. I only have 40 dex on my Mag, and no God/Arm, but am still more accurate than my HUnewearl of 32 levels higher.

My ATA isn't a problem, it's the rate I'm taking damage at http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I only assumed because you said something about....

UrikoBB3 said....
Can't pull off a weak/strong/strong combo

And as for Falz, I meant that like, the big picture here. But i hoped you would take that as, 'you can get through ruins, because you beat Falz' type of thing. Sorry if that sounded off topic >.<

Saffran
Dec 5, 2005, 07:14 PM
Oh my god silly me! I totally forgot to mention the Rainbow Baton...
Not that I use it a lot, but (espescially when you door snipe) it can save many, many traps.

I've stopped using it now, but back in the days...

BahnKnakyu
Dec 5, 2005, 07:28 PM
Allo Psycho Skyly.

I'd ditch teh God/HP for something like a God/Arm or God/Power. If you can kill them before they get to murder you, you will take overall less damage than what that God/HP will give you.

Because you have a Chain Sawd you have a fairly decent source of healing, as long as you keep them occupied/immobilized somehow. The rest of your stuff looks pretty good, but yeah, drop the Hero Ability for something else - maybe replace the Ability with the God/HP (though I'd go with a God/Power and God/Arm just to make sure every single hit you make counts). I'd personally use a Double Saber for 1 vs 1 combat, but if ya don't like it, that's all good. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

If you can find yourself some sort of Confuse/Arrest weapon with hit - a partisan perhaps - that'd rock in teh Ruins. The hit's to counteract the special reduction, and because of your droid's inherent bonus in Ult, the reduction should be decently negligible. However, because you're a HUcaseal, you should have a better chance of hitting stuff.

But yeah, abuse traps like no other. They're your friend. Yeah, HUcaseals have the worst trap count, but we're trying to keep you alive, right? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif If you nail'em with a freeze trap, followup with some sort of status effect weapon - if you found that Arrest partisan, that'll help keep those monsters in place. The rest of it is mostly tactics, don't bite off more than you can chew, door snipe if you have to, etc. etc.

Delfi
Dec 5, 2005, 07:30 PM
On 2005-12-05 15:36, zwandude15 wrote:
[quote]
On 2005-12-05 15:19, UrikoBB3 wrote:
I said earlier though- ATA isn't a problem for me. I only have 40 dex on my Mag, and no God/Arm, but am still more accurate than my HUnewearl of 32 levels higher.

I only assumed because you said something about....

UrikoBB3 said....
Can't pull off a weak/strong/strong combo

I think Uriko meant he/she can not do a 3 hit combo of this variation without taking a hit from the monsters - not because he/she is missing.

As anyone who has played cmode will tell you - 3 hit combos leave you open for attack at lower levels for the area you are doing.

Neith
Dec 5, 2005, 08:23 PM
Yeah, about the comboing, I meant this:

(with Twin Saber)
-Light Attack
-Hard Attack
-Attacked by Arlan, interrupting the last 3 hits.

Sure, I can purposely start the combo early, and connect with the last 3 hits, but it's wasting damage, which I could use daggers for- hence me using Red Dagger.

@Bahn: Yeah, I might take your advice on that- the God/HP gives me a total of 1086HP (at lv129). Getting rid of it would leave me with 1006, but 50 more ATP (which I think is currently at around 1058 base) I'll get my Skyly piping some Hildetorrs..

@Skorp: Yeah, leveling up would be a good idea, it's just annoying when my HUnewearl was soloing Ruins easily at 129. I know HUnewearl has a lot of advantages, but I didn't expect it to be as difficult as it is for a droid.

Incase you haven't guessed, Ive never really used droids before- always been Newman characters..

Hrith
Dec 5, 2005, 08:25 PM
On 2005-12-05 13:50, PJ wrote:
Rabarta > Freeze TrapsXD

Jellen/Zalure > ...NothingIn a team... Support from FO?

HUmar is not 1/10th of HUcaseal in a team, he sucks in every possible way, not to mention your forgot Confuse traps.

In a team, any technique the HUmar has is useless, because there is a Force.
While traps...
And HUcaseal has much better stats all around, especially ATA. And with the same ATP, her 18/33 more ATA make her a lot more powerful than HUmar, a whole lot.

On 2005-12-05 13:56, Saiffy wrote:
How do RAmarl even compare to RAmar or RAcast in a team? Less ATP than both, less ATA than one, no traps compared to another.RAcast is nowhere near as efficient as RAmarl, and will never be, no matter his equipment. RAcaseal is better than RAcast. RAcast may have more ATP, but RAcaseal has better everything else, and that makes RAcast look quite bad. Especially on the animation/item equipability part.
Vivienne = no, Flapjack Flapper = no, Sweetheart = no, Rico's Earring = no, I'll stop here, poor RAcast.

As for RAmar, the useless ranger, he will never come close to a RAmarl. Lower DFP, lower MST, much lower EVP, crappy animations, can equip a lot less of her excellent items. No support ability at all. If you do not have traps, the least you can do is have decent support capacities; that's what makes RAmarl and HUnewearl so good, and so superior to RAmar or HUmar.

A Force cannot take care of 3 androids without losing efficiency, that's why you need a RAmarl or a HUnewearl in a team, for additional support, and a char that is acutally independent.

Not trying to be arrogantNo, just wrong, and terribly mistaken.
And you will always be until you are capable of taking into account everything that makes a char good, ATP does not.

I have yet to be outdamaged by anything but a HUcast.

I did not play Ruins solo much with my HUcaseal (Lv 130), but my HUcast did a whole lot, and at lower levels, I encountered the same problems, more or less. I could damage them more easily, but missing more, I suppose.

It's all about having a tactical approach of the spawns.
What I sometimes do is run around a bunch of monsters until they are a compact group to slice through with a Sword or Partisan.
Avoid meleeing Claws, too, use Slicers.
Do not confuse monsters if they are already on you, it's not very useful.
If you have too many Scape Dolls, unequip your mag and die to restore traps, I did that a lot ;s (now I can't because of exp loss >_<) -- and yes, I'm that lazy.
Do not hesitate to exit rooms.
If you are surrounded, remember telepipes have no casting time.
In rooms that have several "big" monsters (Belra, Bringer, Sorcerer, etc.), I use the 'exit the room and come back' tactic a lot when I am soloing.
Or just get with SSJ!1

RadiantLegend
Dec 5, 2005, 08:56 PM
o.o All you need is ATP and good ATA to back it up.

No need for def or evp, so what if you get hit, get up and do more damage and learn to dodge. Freeze them if they move too much, confuse them when they gang on you. Abuse demons(human), zalure (tech or srank), Arrest.

-__- i'd like to see any ramarl out damage my RAmar http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PJ
Dec 5, 2005, 08:59 PM
On 2005-12-05 17:25, Kef wrote:
A Force cannot take care of 3 androids without losing efficiency, that's why you need a RAmarl or a HUnewearl in a team, for additional support, and a char that is acutally independent.

What the crap have I been doing then? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I don't need a HUne/RAmarl to damage cancel my already beefed up RAcast/Hucast followers. RAmarl can't outdamage any class outside the Forces, if you'll be hitting maybe 90% of the hits you do in Ultimate online. 90% is at any given characters worst.

We can look at who will do the most damage, and who will hit. Who will hit? Every class; FOmar has the worst ATA, and still has enough to hit 90% of the time. So when RAmars have btoh higher ATP and ATA than a RAmarl, where will RAmarl do more damage? The female only equipment certainly isn't the strongest equipment in the game.

EDIT: Oh right, DFP and EVP effect the amount of damage done to an enemy. I bet HP does too! And then again, RAmarl still doesn't win.

Sorry for alienating your topic Uriko http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2005-12-05 18:02 ]</font>

hyperacute
Dec 5, 2005, 11:10 PM
Your equipment seems to be pretty adequate...

I tended to find when soloing Ruins as an android that building up the PB gauge and taking advantage of M&Y as soon as possible is a great help (useful advice for a HUmar too). Running about and herding the critters into groups before popping a freeze or confuse trap works like a charm too.

If you have any weapons (preferably ranged) with Arrest or some other incapacitating special, abuse the hell out of them.

If all else fails, there's relatively little shame in doorway sniping to thin out mobs or deal with some of the more problematic beasties...XD

Cinerith
Dec 6, 2005, 10:36 AM
Jellen S-Rank Sword/Slicer

Ryna
Dec 6, 2005, 11:08 AM
Before this thread goes too far off-topic, let's remember it is about trying to help Uriko clear offline Ultimate Ruins on GC PSO with a HUcaseal. Discussions related to the effectiveness of HUmars and Rangers in a team should be brought up in a different thread.

To get back on-topic, I don't have too much to add to this thread. The best thing you can do is increase your ATA and try to avoid getting hit. Use traps liberally and try to keep S/D on yourself as much as possible. A Jellen/Zalure S-Rank Slicer/J-Cutter would be useful too.

Notos
Dec 6, 2005, 11:45 AM
Don't discount high ATA. Having the ability to land gush on 2nd hit is very useful. When I solo with my hucaseal, I make sure to have near max base ATA, use s parts and a 25 hit chainsawd. There were times when I survived the entire ruins 2 with chainsawd after running out of mates in ruins 1.

On 2005-12-05 17:23, UrikoBB3 wrote:
(with Twin Saber)
-Light Attack
-Hard Attack
-Attacked by Arlan, interrupting the last 3 hits.

That's because you're doing your 2nd hard attack too soon. Delay it for a split second so your hit lands after the mob finish flinching from your first light attack.

Saffran
Dec 6, 2005, 12:29 PM
The last remark about delaying the hit is pretty much right on track. You have to relearn comboing if you want to be efficient...

Alisha
Dec 7, 2005, 01:03 PM
Rafoie > Damage Traps
Rabarta > Freeze Traps
all i have to say is LOL!
1.haha no at lvl 180 my fire traps did around 200 damage to fire weak enemies and pwn del depths and slimes in a way rafoie never can

2.LOOOOOOOOOOOL! you fail if you think that

3.fat chance humar resta blows chunks and any good humar packs mates and uses resta only in emergencies

4. you fail again S-rank shot > humar j/z

How do RAmarl even compar to RAmars or RAcacts in a team? Less ATP than both, less ATA than one, no traps compared to another

racast ill give you even though he has the worst ata of the RA's but ramar blows chunks and is clearly the worst ra in the game

Saiffy
Dec 7, 2005, 01:09 PM
On 2005-12-07 10:03, Alisha wrote:

Rafoie > Damage Traps
Rabarta > Freeze Traps
all i have to say is LOL!
1.haha no at lvl 180 my fire traps did around 200 damage to fire weak enemies and pwn del depths and slimes in a way rafoie never can

2.LOOOOOOOOOOOL! you fail if you think that

3.fat chance humar resta blows chunks and any good humar packs mates and uses resta only in emergencies

4. you fail again S-rank shot > humar j/z
Damage traps do less damage than rafoie. Slimes and Deldepths are the only expection when they're down.

It's opinion, not funny, opinion.

HUmars can resta and use mates, HUcaseals can just use mates. I'm gonna avoid posting my opinion that HUmars have good MST and can resta good. Oh wait...

HUcaseals can't use s-rank shot, and HUmars can just as easilly get an s-rank with J/Z too.

How do RAmarl even compar to RAmars or RAcacts in a team? Less ATP than both, less ATA than one, no traps compared to another

racast ill give you even though he has the worst ata of the RA's but ramar blows chunks and is clearly the worst ra in the game
[/quote]
224 is too much ATA as it is. I never miss and I'm 5 from max with my RAcast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2005-12-07 10:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2005-12-07 10:10 ]</font>

Neith
Dec 7, 2005, 01:20 PM
This isn't about RAcast>RAmar, or S-Rank Shots, or the effectiveness of Rabarta to Freeze Traps. This is about HUcaseals in Ult Ruins.

If you're not going to stick to the topic, don't bother posting.

RadiantLegend
Dec 7, 2005, 04:25 PM
Still having troubles?

Neith
Dec 7, 2005, 05:22 PM
It's a little easier now, I use a King's Diska with high Hit against Claws (replacing for an Arrest one when I find it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Also, using two-hit combos rather than three is making her life a little easier.

DezoPenguin
Dec 12, 2005, 12:01 PM
On the subject of combo timing, if your Twin Saber-types keep getting you smacked, try switching in a Twin Sword (eg. Asuka) instead. The damage is comparable and the combos have slightly different timing. I have the same problem that you do in Ruins and find that a light-hard-hard combo will rack up on Arlans without trouble (well, except for when something else comes up and whacks me from the side, but you have that covered ^_^).

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 12, 2005, 04:24 PM
grab yourself a PB/Create. you'll get to S/D most often solo

BahnKnakyu
Dec 14, 2005, 08:55 PM
Jon's got a good idea, simple but effective - get the S/D as soon as possible so you can pwn faster. Unless you see additional mileage out of the God/Arm you equipped, I'd actually replace that with the PB/Create - assuming you have one. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And about the Twin Saber interrupt issue, delay the second hard hit so that you'll make the monster flinch again before you do the finishing hit. The HUcaseal Twin Saber animation is so fast and aggressive that if you do the first few hits with anything that is a G/B or higher on, you'll get the first three hits in too quickly while the monster is reeling from your attack; it'll get you during the middle of your final swing. I had to get used to this myself, makes me wonder if using a G/B is worth it if over half of my fighting is done with a Twin Saber.

Soooo, found that SN yet? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif