PDA

View Full Version : Most used type of weapon?

Sadam100
Dec 5, 2005, 03:36 PM
Hey guys. What is your most used type of weapon from the option above?

SPECIAL WEAPONS Included!

EDIT: Mine is the Twin-Sabres
Grass Assasin Sabre's: Lv62 Hucast Kais

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-12-05 13:45 ]</font>

WhiteDisciple
Dec 5, 2005, 04:08 PM
Slicers rock. When in teams of 4 people--especially when they are really good--they're good for getting in hits on all the monsters in a mob before they are all pulverized. (Hunter)

Derek0660
Dec 5, 2005, 04:15 PM
On 2005-12-05 12:42, Sadam100 wrote:
Mine is the Twin-Sabres
Grass Assasin Sabre's: Lv62 Hucast Kais

That would be Twin Swords ;o

Edit: Also, use the Edit Post button (don't double post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derek0660 on 2005-12-05 13:16 ]</font>

F-o-x
Dec 5, 2005, 04:35 PM
I'd proably say I use a patrisan or sword the most, seeing as I'm more often than not, fighting large amounts of enemies at once.

Ryna
Dec 5, 2005, 04:44 PM
To make this thread interesting, I would strongly suggest that you list why you prefer your favored weapons class. As for me, I really don't have a favorite. The weapons classes I use depends on the current situation or situation I expect to encounter.

Blitzkommando
Dec 5, 2005, 05:11 PM
Right now with my HUnewearl I am stuck using a sword for a very long time. However, during normal play where I can choose my weaponry I tend to switch back and forth between pretty much all the classes of weaponry. Right now that is what I am doing with all of my characters other than my HUnewearl.

PJ
Dec 5, 2005, 05:11 PM
I usually carry 3 weapons at a time

Single enemy targetting melee (Usually daggers, but not exclusively)
MUlti-enemy targetting melee/range (So, either a sword or a shot, not a huge fan of Partisan/Launcher)
Single enemy targetting range

So I can't choose a single type. I can choose types I least use, Claws. Claws, Launchers, and especially HUcaseal/RAmarl claws http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

xxTrystanxx
Dec 5, 2005, 05:13 PM
I chose Rod, naturally, I play a Force. However, it really does matter whether it's a Rod/Cane/Wand/Staff as long as it raises my MST. My FO pretty much only holds weapons -- she doesn't melee.

zwandude15
Dec 5, 2005, 05:58 PM
Since majority of my career i've played with HU's, i guess i can say that the most 'time' i've spent with a weapon and one of my favorites is Double Sabers. Meteor Cudgel and Demo Comets are common around my characters. xD

Skorpius
Dec 5, 2005, 06:16 PM
Counting all my characters as a whole, I use Mechguns more often. Every single character I use, except for my FOnewearl, has a pair of Mechguns on them.

HUmar: L&K14 COMBAT (35 Hit)
HUnewearl: Tempest Vulcan (45 Hit)
RAmarl: RED MECHGUN
RAcast: YASMINKOV 9000M
RAcaseal: Gush Vulcan (45 Hit)
FOmarl: Charge Vulcan (50 Hit)

No other weapon type is more consistant, on my characters, than Mechguns.

RadiantLegend
Dec 5, 2005, 06:30 PM
Probably charge vulcans.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Charge gungnir > all

Rydius
Dec 5, 2005, 08:18 PM
Right now, on my second hunter character, I've been switching between weapons depending on what the current setting is.

Mostly I tend to use my Brionac+10, but I also carry a Twin Sabre+25, Varista+25, Kaladbolg+4 and a Vulcan+2

I'm not quite sure what my other two chars use, so I'll have to get back to you on that.

Derek0660
Dec 5, 2005, 09:10 PM
On 2005-12-05 13:44, Ryna wrote:
To make this thread interesting, I would strongly suggest that you list why you prefer your favored weapons class. As for me, I really don't have a favorite. The weapons classes I use depends on the current situation or situation I expect to encounter.

Forte1224
Dec 5, 2005, 10:10 PM
On 2005-12-05 15:30, Ragolismine wrote:
Probably charge vulcans.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Charge gungnir > all

Erm... Vjaya? Lol...

For me...
Mechguns (45% hit or more)
Rod (hildebear's cane kicks your ass down)
Handgun/Rifle (red handgun is so sexy)

F-o-x
Dec 5, 2005, 10:45 PM
To expand on my original post... I normally carry around many different types of weaponry. Most of them fall into one of two classes: Crowd Control (Sword or patrisan), Pure Damage (Weapon for damaging a single strong enemy or boss, primarily mechguns but could be daggers/twin sabers/saber ect.)

But as a whole I use crowd control weapons the most.

Para
Dec 6, 2005, 12:15 AM
Charge vulcans is a good selection as well as charge gungir

hyperacute
Dec 6, 2005, 01:36 AM
Hmmm, 3084 Flowens and 50% Hit L&Ks on the HUmar, Red Mechs, Spread Needle and FS or Yas7k on the 'Cassie.

*counts fingers* So that would make my most used weapon type mechguns I guess. In terms of time spent using, it's definitely the sword though...

Shigecki
Dec 6, 2005, 01:44 AM
Twin saber, as in the BKB. Best wep for a HU, imo.

Neith
Dec 6, 2005, 05:52 AM
Hmm, I mainly play HUnewearl, so here goes:

-Rapid-hit weapon for single targets. This is usually either Charge Vulcans with 50% Hit, Asuka+30, Demolition Comet+25, or a Partisan of Lightning, depending on what I feel like using.

-Multi-target weapon for groups. I don't want to mess about taking out each enemy individually if there's a mob, so I use a Charge Gungnir (40% Hit), Soul Banish, or 3084 Flowen's Sword for crowd clearing.

-Misc. Then I tend to take a third weapon, depending on Area.

For example, my usually outfit of weapons is:
Asuka+30
Soul Banish+9
Red Handgun

The Red Handgun is there for enemies I want to take out at range, defusing traps, and other odd jobs the other 2 weapons aren't so good at.

My brother only tends to use one weapon (Partisan of Lightning), even offline. This usually lands him swarmed with enemies, relying on me to hack my way through. I will give him his die though, he doesn't have a fantastic multi-target weapon.

Online, I restrict my weapon use, since I don't want to get FSOD and lose my best weapons. Online, my weapon set switches to:

L+K14 Combat (30% Hit)
Demolition Comet (can easily find another)
Charge Gungnir (buy from shop)

That way, if I lost anything, It wouldn't be more than a day's work to get it back.

I usually play offline anyway though, so stick with my first weapon set.

SLON
Dec 6, 2005, 08:07 AM
When I used to play Humar a lot, I used Mechs/Demo Comet for 1 on 1, S Rank Sword/Red Sword for groups of monsters, and Holy Ray for long-distance shooting.

Notos
Dec 6, 2005, 09:26 AM
On HU:
BKB (I know it's ugly, but it's so powerful.)
Sword (Chainsawd or s rank.)
Gun (Red gun or s rank, but I rarely use it.)

On RA:
Needle (for para)
Snow Queen (for freeze)
Excalibur (for damage)

On FO:
3 elemental wands (when soloing)
And whatever looks good in multi since I don't have chao stick.

Sadam100
Dec 6, 2005, 02:27 PM
On 2005-12-05 13:44, Ryna wrote:

Well if u want u can mention ur fav weapon class if u want to it does not bother me

Mystil
Dec 6, 2005, 04:47 PM
It REALLY SUCKS when you lose you Charge vulcans to FSOD. Hence why I stopped using my hune. By those vulcans were blessed with divine power lol. Everybody I played with used it. And nearly all driods I played with stuck with either charge vulcans, or a sword. You can't go wrong with weapons with charge ability. Ever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2005-12-06 13:48 ]</font>

EphekZ
Dec 6, 2005, 10:35 PM
I use a summit moon the majority of the time but when I single monster weak to ice comes up I switch out my technical crozier and spam barta.

DarthTyranus
Dec 8, 2005, 08:37 PM
I mostly use Blade weapons for my HUmar(My RAcast and FOmar have hardly ever been touched), but I like to take a Gun with me just in case.

My primary weapon is OrotiAgito at the moment, I like using Red Sword too(To go with my Red Coat). Since I pick up a lot of useless junk and sell it, my Vjaya's the key to slaying hordes of Desert hoons thanks to 4 way PB Combo. I got a lot of Meseta to waste, so why not use it?

Plus I use a pair of magnums(My L&K14 Combat) mainly for difficult bosses to stay outta harms way, through it all, I live on a Blade diet.

EJ
Dec 8, 2005, 10:16 PM
I love using my morning glory claw it's my favorite weapon plus the animation for Fomar's are hella fast. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

RadiantLegend
Dec 8, 2005, 10:26 PM
More for your money with gungnir... and no need to worry about 10k meseta if you miss.