PDA

View Full Version : The worst NPC in PSO Overall

Deathwalk28
Dec 6, 2005, 04:25 PM
NPCs. They runs beside you, heal you, and say stupid things sometimes. However, alot of these wonderful NPCs are horrible. Which of these delightful NPCs is the worst overall NPC in the history of PSO?

Sitka
Dec 6, 2005, 04:42 PM
Mome on Dreamcast was insanely stupid. Trying to get through that quest with that idiot while fighting the cave shrimp was frustrating. At least in subsequent versions they made the idiot lay down and play dead.

You forgot to mention Ash. His rush to death was yet another frustrating quest to run.

Deathwalk28
Dec 6, 2005, 04:47 PM
Ash is indeed foolish. I just ran out of poll options for the poll... Sorry. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DW

Mystil
Dec 6, 2005, 04:49 PM
That bastard MOME. UGH!!! Del Rol ALWAYS ownes that guy no matter what! If I have to do that mission, I spam resta faster than ever before!

Oni140
Dec 6, 2005, 05:07 PM
I'm just curious; what's P-Christmas? O.o

Delfi
Dec 6, 2005, 05:11 PM
Its Pioneer Christmas the online only Christmas quest where you can get christmas presents which contain mag cells.

On Topic - Ult - she just wont stand still and when you do catch up with her she blows herself up lol. Totally pointless if you ask me.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Dec 6, 2005, 05:55 PM
Normally I'd vote Mome, but since he has the most votes I had to give one to Cecil. Reason being, I had alot of android friends who just couldnt stop that fatty from chowing down those monomates.

Odinsthrone
Dec 6, 2005, 06:24 PM
If you had it, I wouldv'e probably picked Donoph. I hate it when you get stuck in those fall-down traps and he just stands there!

Derek0660
Dec 6, 2005, 06:27 PM
YOU FORGOT NOL!!!!
(Journalistic Pursuit)

She is freaking lv. 5 and readily admits that she is a poser!

If you forgot it goes a little like:

NOL: "I have to wear these clothes so that the guards will think I am a Hunter"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derek0660 on 2005-12-06 15:30 ]</font>

Delfi
Dec 6, 2005, 06:57 PM
On 2005-12-06 14:55, Non-Toxic-Crayons wrote:
Normally I'd vote Mome, but since he has the most votes I had to give one to Cecil. Reason being, I had alot of android friends who just couldnt stop that fatty from chowing down those monomates.

Your android friends didnt have any star atomizers then? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

fronebullare
Dec 6, 2005, 07:25 PM
Mome....he's a lot more useful when he is dead!If only I could just kill him myself then go on with the mission in peace.

Delfi
Dec 6, 2005, 08:23 PM
On 2005-12-06 16:25, fronebullare wrote:
Mome....he's a lot more useful when he is dead!If only I could just kill him myself then go on with the mission in peace.

Sometimes you can get the NPCs in quests stuck in a room you have already cleared and they will usually stay where they are stuck until you use a level warp - ie warp to caves 2 or 3 then the npcs magically appear by your side.

Alielle
Dec 6, 2005, 08:29 PM
What, no Kireek?

xxTrystanxx
Dec 6, 2005, 08:37 PM
I believe Deathwalk already mentioned that there wasn't enough options to include everyone when he created it.

Was there a difference between how Mome behaved in the Dreamcast version? On PSOX, he decided to "play dead" during the boss battle and you don't have to worry about him and De Rol Le at the same time. But up until that point, yes, he's weak, and annoying.

PJ
Dec 6, 2005, 08:42 PM
On the DC version he didn't play dead... and died very easily x_x

Hmm... I find Ash useful in the Ruins quest, minus that one first room.

Cecil. I was doing the quest in Ultimate with my RAmar, he got frozen from a Crimson Assasin, and I DID break out and heal her, but she was in the middle of her, "I can't go on like this, boohoo" speech.

Forte1224
Dec 6, 2005, 10:31 PM
Hmm... this is a good poll...

Bernie: Says hilarious quotes
Kireek: basically gives you a free item

Alicia. She's a retard. She won't use resta untill all her items are used. RETARDED. I mean wtf.

MOME > ALL.

Zael
Dec 6, 2005, 11:50 PM
Definitely MOME

Dragon_Knight
Dec 7, 2005, 12:40 AM
Yes Mome leaves a bad taste in everyones mouth who played the DC versions. That man had a 50% heal rate when hit, even when near death and trying to lead him away from Del Ro Lee's attacks was plain impossible. I only remember doing normal mode with that quest as I never wanted to do it again...failing 5 times when your a force is no fun.

Stan
Dec 7, 2005, 07:23 AM
Mome and Cecil! Mome dies if you fart and Cecil only heals herself if she likes to >.> Why isn't there a cast only weapon with a resta special or something http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
(why are you quoting yourself, forte?)

Derek0660
Dec 7, 2005, 08:08 AM
On 2005-12-06 17:29, Alielle wrote:
What, no Kireek?

!!

In Ultimate Battle Training, he is lv. 189(?) and I was better than him at lv 75 http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LoveAndLunacy
Dec 7, 2005, 08:17 AM
I think its CICIL not Cecil by the way but she sucks anyway so i guess thats why. If she is the one in the caves who is fat then i hate her, my HUcast after endless caves runs finally finds a Mil lily, im thinking yay god/power finally, then when it is doing the suicide thing then she gets hit by a vulmer and says i cant go on! F***!!!! nearly killed her myself!!!!!!!
Cecil liceC

Nai_Calus
Dec 8, 2005, 11:29 AM
Ep1:

Useless: Nol
Stupid: Alicia
Annoying: Kireek
Useless, stupid AND annoying: Mome

Ep2:

Useless: Orland
Stupid: Break
Annoying: Natasha
Useless, stupid AND annoying: Dan

Ep3:

Useless: Sil'fer
Stupid: The Hunters side HUcast whose name I forget.
Annoying: Peko
Useless, stupid AND annoying: The guy you work for on the Hunters side.

Feelmirath
Dec 8, 2005, 12:18 PM
MOME, he was killed by a fly.

EJ
Dec 8, 2005, 09:52 PM
On 2005-12-08 08:29, Ian-KunX wrote:

Ep2:

Useless: Orland
Stupid: Break
Annoying: Natasha
Useless, stupid AND annoying: Dan

Who was Dan again?

On topic I would say Orland and Break

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2005-12-08 19:14 ]</font>

zwandude15
Dec 8, 2005, 10:02 PM
Mome, hands down. The punk died like an idiot in the LAST room before the warp to the Underground Channel on Ultimate....up next would be Ash...but you dont have him up there.......he died in the first room I found him in Ultimate, i mean, what more of a butt-h0l3 can you be when you make someone lose the guild!?!? rrrrrgh......equal hate passions here..

Eihwaz
Dec 8, 2005, 10:05 PM
On 2005-12-08 18:52, ForceEJ wrote:
Who was Dan again?

He's Natasha's underling. He sits across from Elly in the Lab.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2005-12-08 19:07 ]</font>

EJ
Dec 8, 2005, 10:14 PM
On 2005-12-08 19:05, Eihwaz wrote:

On 2005-12-08 18:52, ForceEJ wrote:
Who was Dan again?

He's Natasha's underling. He sits across from Elly in the Lab.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2005-12-08 19:07 ]</font>

Ah, ok thanks.

Pobega
Dec 9, 2005, 06:17 AM
Mome, because I play PSO DC

Ansatsu
Dec 9, 2005, 01:18 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/Tirnym/MOME.jpg

a perfect example of Mome's stupidity.

Caecilius
Dec 12, 2005, 04:42 PM
Had to vote Mome, he's worse than useless.

Ofcourse, if these polls allowed more space and Ash (from Ep1, From the Depths quest) was on that list, he would have my vote. Not only is he worse than useless, his AI is truly dire. He goes off and turns himself into cannon fodder again, I am going to kick his arse so hard that he'll need to pay the local private-healthcare clinic to amputate my leg at the knee.

Para
Dec 12, 2005, 06:14 PM
I must beg to differ on Mome... atleast he plays dead when you get to De Rol Le...

However Alicia is truly worthless in my eyes.

The most annoying award goes to ASH for his performance in Soldier's Pride... bastard keeps on KSing my exp.

Getintothegame
Dec 13, 2005, 11:53 PM
Mome. And I still remember the Dreamcast days.

:shiver:

Shigecki
Dec 15, 2005, 12:59 AM
Looking over all the NPCs that are mentioned, I would have to say Alicia. How the hell did this chick get to level 160 only using barta. Well that's not the only reason I hate her, I was doing a run with my Racast, the idiot got poisoned, and there was no way to stop her from dying a slow death. I tried everything, standing under the healing ring, nothing. Going up to Pioneer and healing myself, hell no. I went through most of my stars, till I finally quit. For that, I would have to say Alicia. Dumb bitch.

Astarin
Dec 15, 2005, 02:30 AM
On 2005-12-14 21:59, Shigecki wrote:
Looking over all the NPCs that are mentioned, I would have to say Alicia. How the hell did this chick get to level 160 only using barta. Well that's not the only reason I hate her, I was doing a run with my Racast, the idiot got poisoned, and there was no way to stop her from dying a slow death. I tried everything, standing under the healing ring, nothing. Going up to Pioneer and healing myself, hell no. I went through most of my stars, till I finally quit. For that, I would have to say Alicia. Dumb bitch.

I second Alicia, for the same reasons. While playing FoS with my horribly underpowered and under-equiped RAcaseal, Alicia became paralyzed. Similarly, I found no way to restore her to normal status. She would run right up to the enemy hordes, and then stand there, unable to attack, until they bludgeoned her to death.

Very frustrating.

RadiantLegend
Dec 15, 2005, 10:02 AM
Ash.

-__- i hate that bastard

Split
Dec 15, 2005, 10:33 PM
On 2005-12-14 21:59, Shigecki wrote:

You have to get her under the healing ring somehow. its possible.

Most Annoying=That stupid fatty cecil who decides to use barta techs on vulmers!

Blitzkommando
Dec 15, 2005, 10:45 PM
Eh, Elly can be pretty annoying in Episode I. FOnewearl running around with a handgun is just a big nono.

But really, none of the AI are particularly bright and most get in the way or are so overpowered the first time through that you don't get experience. Later on though...

Astarin
Dec 16, 2005, 12:26 AM
On 2005-12-15 19:33, Split wrote:

Yes, it is possible to get Alicia under the healing ring.

No, it does not work, for some reason. Her HP will be recovered, but due to some glitch perhaps, status conditions such as poison and paralysis will not be removed!

Shigecki
Dec 16, 2005, 12:32 AM
On 2005-12-15 21:26, Astarin wrote:

On 2005-12-15 19:33, Split wrote:

Yes, it is possible to get Alicia under the healing ring.

No, it does not work, for some reason. Her HP will be recovered, but due to some glitch perhaps, status conditions such as poison and paralysis will not be removed!

True that. Got her under the ring without any problem, she just stays poisoned.