PDA

View Full Version : Central Dome Fire Swirl

ANIMEniac
Dec 8, 2005, 12:04 AM
i has wondering if there where any special sneeky things about the central dome fire swirl quest on PSOX. i ask this because in my searching for a lavis cannon i hav ran across some odd happenings:
-getting mail from LIONEL going into the Health center
-at a different time getting mail from a different NPC
-once I had 4 got i had dropped a item in the forest and when i went back to get it i had the option of going to Ruins 3
-why is there a guy hiding in the Shopping center and why does he think he knows you from somewhere
-why is it when the u talk to the kid on the way to the check room, he calls you a BURNING(HU,RA,FO) and the letters are in red
-why is Dr.D's name in orange

i know i might be just trying to look for something special in some instances but to me it feels like this quest has more than it is letting on, ESPECIALY since it is the ONLY download quest on the X-box

Delfi
Dec 8, 2005, 12:41 PM
Did you go to ruins3 in this quest ?? and if so what did you find ??

On the dreamcast version of this quest - there was something you could do which involved that kid - not so on the xbox version.

I have no idea if it does anything special - offers any item as a reward anytime - also i dont think ive ever seen a way of getting to ruins3 in it either.

I do agree with you that the mails the npcs send you seem a little strange - have you tried going to the quest with the npc in it that has mailed after you have finished this quest?

Example Lionel mails you - so because you have had a letter(mail) from lionel go to see him in the letter from lionel quest - see what happens? im guessing nothing but gotta be worth a try ? lol.

I think that if this quest did offer up anything then someone would have found out what it is by now and it wouldve been plastered either all over these forums or in the guide to this quest.

Dragon_Knight
Dec 9, 2005, 12:28 AM
Well the bee mails are strange in the quest but its really just a nod to the Burning Rangers game where, after finishing a level, you get random letters from the people you had saved during that particular run. For those who don't know, Chris (the person who hires you) is also the team leader of the Burning Rangers in the orginal, although she is suppose to be human. I was kinda disappointed that none of the other rangers show up, but making Big would require the same skin detication that Sonic and crew has.

I'll see if I can get to ruin 3 but as I recall there's no way to do that. Its not mentioned in the quest guide either.

Ryna
Dec 9, 2005, 04:37 PM
Have a look at this quest guide:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=856

On the Dreamcast version of the game, you could receive a Mark III mag if you followed the appropriate steps. Getting a letter from Lionel was the final step in the process. Unfortunately, Sonic Team removed that quest prize in all subsequent versions of the game.

ANIMEniac
Dec 12, 2005, 09:31 AM
ok thanx that actualy cleared up a few questions. the Ruins 3 thing im not sure of because if have only done that once, and when i went to the ruins i didnt see anything to do, not enimies and 1 or 2 rooms.

Delfi
Dec 12, 2005, 12:35 PM
mm can you remember if you were saw the room with the steam waterfal and large canyon in it in the ruins??

ANIMEniac
Dec 13, 2005, 07:02 PM
i think it was that room. if it wasent for me studying 4 exams in check it out now... ill try 2 check this weekend