PDA

View Full Version : im so lonely.

Wyndham
Dec 8, 2005, 01:01 AM
i have no friends nearby that i can see.
only Scrub is even in this state, and i barely know him.
i just want someone to give me a hug, or go watch a movie with me, or play DS with.
I miss my old friends.
theyd hug me, pat me on the head, tell me i was great.
and treated my like i was a poerson.
i dont want to be alone.
I'm such a fucking wimp.

navci
Dec 8, 2005, 01:16 AM
Go out and make some new friends.
Staying at home all day locking up with the computer will not change that.
Go out, do things, meet people.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 8, 2005, 04:12 AM
If you don't respect yourself and put yourself down all the time, nobody is going to want to talk to you.

Story of a lot of people's lives.

Secondly, friends are overrated, all they want to do is make fun of you- especially in public, and borrow money that they won't pay back, booyah!

Hey it could be worse, you could have 3 jerk brothers who make a mess in your room while you slave away at work all day, don't clean it up, and throw things down right in front of you laughing in your face.

When I hide my gaming controllers, they say I'm "being mean." When I had to buy my own PS2 since they wouldn't share one the oldest bro bought and I won't let them use my controller after they stole and broke my extra one I bought, they say I'm being unfair.

So yeah, life isn't fair. Buy a punching bag, or chocolate, or whatever else that cheers you up or calms you down and deal.

navci
Dec 8, 2005, 12:59 PM
On 2005-12-08 01:12, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
If you don't respect yourself and put yourself down all the time, nobody is going to want to talk to you.

Quote for truth.

Scrub
Dec 8, 2005, 03:58 PM
On 2005-12-07 22:01, Oran1324 wrote:
i have no friends nearby that i can see.
only Scrub is even in this state, and i barely know him.

Yea, thanks, pal.

Wyndham
Dec 8, 2005, 05:35 PM
im sorry i posted this. i really hate it when i complain like this, and i wasn't in a right state of mind. please don't hold this against me.

Jive18
Dec 8, 2005, 05:53 PM
No worries Oran. I don't suspect this would bother many people. As Navi said, attempt to meet new people, no harm in trying.

Mystil
Dec 8, 2005, 06:54 PM
On 2005-12-08 01:12, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

Story of a lot of people's lives.

Damn sure is ^_^. That's all me right there. And once you get to that point, it's hard to come out of it. There also might be some stuff about yourself that you aren't aware of that turn people off.

By experience, saying you have no friends is more than likely going to make you a living friend repelant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2005-12-08 15:57 ]</font>

TheOneHero
Dec 8, 2005, 10:37 PM
You can't let people walk on you till you lay down. You're getting pretty close.

I know what it's like to not have any friends close to you, or to barely know someone. (When I first met Scrub, he was immediately a good friend; when I didn't come to PSOw for a few days he gave me a call and asked to see how I was. Now that is someone who cares; I just wish I could've been a better friend to him.)

But don't put them down when telling how you feel; it just makes things worse.

Eh, I guess this kinda works; but you know how they say don't go looking for love, 'cause you'll never find it? True friendship could be the same way in most cases; if you feel it is, don't try so hard for it.

I suggest trying to get out and find someone to hang out with, at least go for walks.*

But hey, if you need someone to talk to, you got my AIM and if I'm not on, you can send me a PM any time you feel like it.

*I've noticed you're depressed a lot, one thing that will greatly improve your chances of getting over depression is to get at least 30 minutes of actual sun a day. (For a least a few weeks) It's cold, but bundle up and go for a walk.

Wee, for having depression yourself and a brother as a doctor!

InfinityXXX
Dec 8, 2005, 11:00 PM
Nah, your post didn't bother anyone

Try to find a new hobby that involves you being around lots of people. Join a club at your school/college. Do community service. You'll meet a lot of people and you can easily make friends.

I'm sorry you feel so lonely but your only lonely if you make yourself lonely, If I lived in your area I would hang out with you.

Rion772
Dec 11, 2005, 09:57 PM
If you want to make friends quick get good at a sport or go play a sport that you're good at, when you're on a team and have to co-op. together to do something good you learn to get a long with most of the team and stay good friends, it takes effort though (obviously). Also you shouldn't just tell people they can't just go into fkl if they want to.

EphekZ
Dec 11, 2005, 10:00 PM
Also you shouldn't just tell people they can't just go into fkl if they want to.

That's againt the forum rules

Wyndham
Dec 11, 2005, 10:01 PM
On 2005-12-11 19:00, darkgunner wrote:

Also you shouldn't just tell people they can't just go into fkl if they want to.

That's againt the forum rules

it was a joke.
a butchered quote of Borimir.
and i was hoping wthis topic might die. >_<

Rion772
Dec 11, 2005, 11:07 PM
On 2005-12-08 19:37, TheOneHero wrote:

Eh, I guess this kinda works; but you know how they say don't go looking for love, 'cause you'll never find it? True friendship could be the same way in most cases; if you feel it is, don't try so hard for it.

I suggest trying to get out and find someone to hang out with, at least go for walks.*

But hey, if you need someone to talk to, you got my AIM and if I'm not on, you can send me a PM any time you feel like it.

*I've noticed you're depressed a lot, one thing that will greatly improve your chances of getting over depression is to get at least 30 minutes of actual sun a day. (For a least a few weeks) It's cold, but bundle up and go for a walk.

I can vouch for that first part for sure, 2 years and 3 months ago the new school year started and I walked to my bus stop to see some kid there and at first I thought "woah, I'm stuck with this loser all year..." (I was a skater then, and to skaters most preps are disliked in the high school life). It turned out that we're best friends, I know the guy better than I know my whole family combined, we've hung out almost everyday whether it's playing baseball, playing MLB on PS2, going to the gym or just chillin.

I used to be depressed last year and the year before, every night I would feel really depressed and crap but now that never happens. If you try to act happy, and act social, and try to make new friends and not try to be all depressed around people you can become friends with nearly anyone you please. A lot of people told me when I was depressed they never wanted to hang out with me because they don't want to chill with a sad person, so just try to act happy whether it's fake happiness or not, it will help you make friends, and eventually real happiness will bare itself and things will get better. Just don't try to hard, and be happy.

Mystil
Dec 12, 2005, 05:01 PM
What is the point in having friends then if they don't wont to be there for you?

Anyway..don't be high on yourself. That's a big turn off too.

Scejntjynahl
Dec 12, 2005, 10:30 PM
This brings up a good point to ponder upon... "what is a friend?"

I mean really. What do you consider to be a friend and do you yourself include yourself in that definition?

Mystil
Dec 13, 2005, 11:12 PM
Neglection seems to be part of some peoples definition from what I've read in this thread.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 14, 2005, 04:34 AM
Expectations are a big part of it though.

What you expect from people who are close to you. How you want them to act towards you, what you want them to say or not say. You might have to let that go and let things happen but at the same time, a modicum of expectations is fine.

Don't get taken advantage of.

I can get taken advantage of pretty easily due to my lack of social skills and other reasons.

So shutting people out completely due to lack of trust or bad experiences is almost instinctive for me.

But hey, doing that and not trying at all to make friends isn't any fun. Time wasters and hobbies won't alleviate that completely.

The people who live the longest have friends throughout old age. Basically a reason to live for.

However there's no rush, so you don't have to get down on yourself if you haven't met that one friend yet who you have spent years with already and expect to spend many more years with.

A quote that might fit:

"If you don't like your friends, go out and make new ones. You don't get to choose your family, but you do get to choose your friends."

Mixfortune
Dec 14, 2005, 07:17 PM
Creator request.
Since it seems too hard for to tell beforehand sometimes, right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-12-14 16:18 ]</font>