PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference?

fronebullare
Dec 10, 2005, 09:31 AM
I find myself thinking that there should not be a rule against posting cheats,for guides are cheats with different names. I mean is there really a difference between the two.For example, isn't piping technicly cheating the game into giving you a rare monster?

Delfi
Dec 10, 2005, 10:10 AM
I guess the question of wether the telepipe trick is a cheat or an art rally is a matter of opinion. In my opinion the game allows you to do it without any extra devices, like action replay and does not require codes, so it cant be cheating the same as item stacking is allowed by the game itself so in a way that cant be cheating either, however item stacking does punish you by stopping rares so its best not to do it.

As for a guide to a quest, these are not cheats just simply tools to help people get the most out of their games.

And just because someone is piping for a rare enemy does not mean that they WILL see the rare enemy.

These are my opinions ONLY everyone will see things differently than me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delfi on 2005-12-10 07:12 ]</font>

metatime
Dec 10, 2005, 12:41 PM
Since you are not using a cheating device or exploiting a glitch, it is not cheating. I used the TP trick for getting rare enemies but it doesn't mean I'm going to get the rare either. Piped for Iritista for the longest time and so far nothing. ;.;

Skorpius
Dec 10, 2005, 12:50 PM
Guides are not considered cheating. They are considered spoilers. All they do is tell you how to do something, they do not do it for you.

Exploits, such as using MST boosting weapons to equip MST requisite weapons, telepiping for a rare enemy, and using EXP stealing weapons to get more EXP are also not considered cheating. They do not break any rules of gameplay.

Cheating would be completly stepping outside of the boundries of the game rules. Duplicating items would be considered cheating, you cannot do this within normal parameters, unless you were given a specific option to do so. The same goes for weapon/item/stat stacking. Also, using foreign devices and codes are considered cheating, as well, as they're obviously not part of the game.

Dhylec
Dec 10, 2005, 01:04 PM
fronebullare wrote:
I find myself thinking that there should not be a rule against posting cheats,for guides are cheats with different names. I mean is there really a difference between the two.For example, isn't piping technicly cheating the game into giving you a rare monster?

I think you are confused between cheating & spoiler.
You should know that this site, PSOW, do not support hacking or cheating. Members who violate the rules & give out info on how to cheat, posting or linking, will most likely get banned the moment it is found out.

Now, duping or stacking is cheating by exploiting a game's error. Using AR is cheating by modifying the game's data. None of these are intended for a normal gameplay.

Guides, on the other hand, are spoilers!. They provide information on how to play. If you are stuck in the game process, lost in a quest, or just to gain more indepth knowledge on the gameplay, guides are to help on that.

Heh, let me attemp to explain why piping isn't cheating. "Piping" is an intended mechanism within the gameplay. It allows the player to leave the area & return to it later. Now, keen players noticed that offline gameplay reset enemies & shop information everytime they went through the telepipe.

This opened up the door to hunting rare variations of certain enemies. Rare foes are, well rare. So, to maximize the possiblity, they pick an area/room/quest with the most number of that enemies. Then, constantly going back & forth between Pioneer 2 & that area/room. The game resets enemy data everytime, so the group of, say, Lilies that they saw earlier is actually a different group of the same foes. By chance, in a randomly different group there is a rare version.

Although the chance is small, the game is meant to have rare enemies to appear. Piping just happens to be a convenient way to see the rare version without
having to do a full run. I personally dislike piping, I have only tried to do it for 3 nights. My GC couldn't take the constant reloadings & started to freeze up quite often after that.

Zael
Dec 10, 2005, 02:31 PM
Piping - NO

Cheating is doing something against the ToS, like altering character data, duping, AR, FSOD etc. Piping should be ok because ST decided to make monsters respawn upon entering the level, and it doesn't break the ToS.

Forte1224
Dec 10, 2005, 04:56 PM
I dun like piping although it's not "cheating" because it takes away the fun out of a run.

The only thing I'd actually pipe is probably a Mil Lily in temple... for a fridge door but I haven't played with my RAmarl in ages.

Sadam100
Dec 12, 2005, 03:45 PM
im with forte 1224 piping wastes time and use of item. Besides cheating takes the fun out of the game like the lv up of both character and mag