PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I wish I would've said something

InfinityXXX
Dec 12, 2005, 10:25 PM
Sometimes, don't you regret not saying something?

I ride a bus with Jr.High kids because I'm poor and can't afford a new car and theres this jr.high kid whos fat and theres this girl thats always making fun of his size and dissin' on him.

The boy just looks out the window while the girl bash on him and I commend him on that but since I sit across from him I have to endure this girl calling him all these names and stuff and today I almost said something but I chose not to.

This has been going on for a long time and I've been debating on whether or not if I should tell this girl off but is it my business to get involved?

I can't stand people that bully other mainly because I use to get bullied in 4th grade. Its real cowardly and I have 0 respect for them.

ABDUR101
Dec 12, 2005, 10:34 PM
Sometimes it only takes one voice to make a difference. As long as you're willing to take any flak for standing up to them, go for it. I'm sure he'll be truely thankful to you for even saying something, even if it's only a single time.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 12, 2005, 10:39 PM
I had a teacher who talked about the amount of damage his fist could do if he got all of his 300+ pounds of weight into a few square inches.

If that kid is big enough, lets hope he doesn't act upon any of her taunting and instigating.

But it seems he obviously has developed a shield, or the ability to ignorce such BS.

Let karma get the girl in the end.

Who knows what is going to happen down the line for her due to treating people like this.

And you for one should not care about it or think of what punishments she should endure.

If anything, you can tell her to shut it since she's being loud and bothering you. What is a middle school girl going to do to a high schooler? Try to make fun of you instead? Just outwit the person who doesn't have the years and knowledge you have.

Or find another seat on the bus away from her next time.

Sinue_v2
Dec 13, 2005, 04:39 AM
I wouldn't get involved directly, but you might want to talk to the fat kid and make him realize that he needs to stand up for himself. I was picked on a lot in elementary and middle-school, but as soon as I started to stand up for myself - it became all gravy from there on out. I even became a bit of a bully myself, but I didn't go overboard with it - and I always tried to encourage people to stand up for themselves, which if they did, I would immediately back down and usually end up being friends with them.

Most people don't stand up for themselves out of fear of retaliation... but the thing is, most bullys only pick on those kids because they can do so without fear of retaliation themselves.

geewj
Dec 13, 2005, 04:08 PM
Maybe you don't need to get all specific and calling her on it.

Just ask her a simple and serious question...

"What do you get out of making fun of him all the time? Is it fun for you or something?"

Dangerous55
Dec 13, 2005, 04:38 PM
Chances are if you say something the girl will just get cocky with you. Then you are screwed cause you can't hit a girl. If the kid can't stand up for himself then let him suffer, or he probably just doesnt care what little annoying girls say.

FOAtHeart
Dec 13, 2005, 04:46 PM
On 2005-12-13 13:38, Dangerous55 wrote:
Chances are if you say something the girl will just get cocky with you. Then you are screwed cause you can't hit a girl. If the kid can't stand up for himself then let him suffer, or he probably just doesnt care what little annoying girls say.

Of course you can hit a girl. This is 2005. >_>

I don't think hitting anybody would fix anything, though. Kid standing up for himself is a good idea, though. Try to talk to him about. :>

DavidNel
Dec 13, 2005, 06:40 PM
Slap da ho! jk

Dangerous55
Dec 13, 2005, 07:05 PM
On 2005-12-13 13:46, FOAtHeart wrote:

I don't think hitting anybody would fix anything, though. Kid standing up for himself is a good idea, though. Try to talk to him about. :>

No he couldn't.

And if it was a dude picking on him and someone kicked the shit out of him for it, yeah it would fix it.

Derek0660
Dec 13, 2005, 07:21 PM
On 2005-12-13 16:05, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2005-12-13 13:46, FOAtHeart wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

No he couldn't.

And if it was a dude picking on him and someone kicked the shit out of him for it, yeah it would fix it.

TheOneHero
Dec 13, 2005, 08:11 PM
Yeah, all the time man.

I say stand up for him, as was said before, it only takes one.

I knew a kid, who had a pretty hard life, people picked on him and made fun of him. I wanted to say something, but I was too damn worried to get involved, a scared kid. Turns out, that kid later was on a suicide watch because he couldn't take it anymore, he was alone and didn't have anyone to could help him to his knowledge. I don't know what happened to him since I've moved.

But from them on, I promised myself that I would do everything in my power and stand up for the little guy.

You never know, that kid might get involved with some pretty low-life characters; the only people that will accept him but care nothing for him.

Kinda goes back to the one quote, "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

You're a good guy to my knowledge Infinity, gonna do something?

ABDUR101
Dec 13, 2005, 08:19 PM
"Does one need reason to help someone in need?"

Even if she directs herself at you, I'm sure you are more than capable of putting her in her place when it comes to words. Just remember, bullies are only bullies, because they bully those who tend not to fight back. They enjoy the 'power' over someone else, putting someone down, targetting someone they perceive as weak to boost their ego and give them a form of status.

Most, are quite easily silenced when stood up to and given the run-around.

InfinityXXX
Dec 14, 2005, 11:18 PM
Next time I ride on the bus, and I see her messing with him I'm gonna say something to her. Not only for the kids sake but for everyone on the bus because the girl is REALLY loud, she laughs, yells and sings badly and loudly on purpose and I think even the bus driver is getting tired of her.

hollowtip
Dec 16, 2005, 11:57 PM
It's wrong, plain and simple and all the details you gave shows how immature she is. In Jr. High, I picked on a kid because he was poor. He used to wear the same ratty jeans everyday to school and he had the worst hygiene. I didn't realize until after Jr. High how immature I was, and I regret everything I said to him. I had no idea what my motivation was, but anyone who does this is closed minded.

Thank god I'm not like that anymore.

Rion772
Dec 17, 2005, 12:25 AM
On 2005-12-14 20:18, InfinityXXX wrote:
Next time I ride on the bus, and I see her messing with him I'm gonna say something to her. Not only for the kids sake but for everyone on the bus because the girl is REALLY loud, she laughs, yells and sings badly and loudly on purpose and I think even the bus driver is getting tired of her.

That you should. Say something so complex and make her realize how arrogant she is. It's a really easy answer, if you help the kid then he will be gratful to you, whether you can see it or not. Just make sure you put her in her place, don't be simple about it either and be like "uh, shut up!", say something that'll make her think and realize what she's doing wrong. If you really needed, you could just point out every bad thing about her like she does to this heavy kid, make her feel how he does. If you see someone getting bullied and you can do something about it then do it, even if it causes you to get in trouble. You getting in trouble would be short term, stopping someone from getting bullied everyday will positivly affect that person for the rest of their life, you could also make a tape recording of the things she says and give it to the driver and the driver will kick the girl off the bus most likely. That's probably what I would do.

Sinue_v2
Dec 19, 2005, 09:21 PM
Say something so complex and make her realize how arrogant she is.

There's a little saying that goes something like this:

"You cannot fight ignorance and stupdity with commonsence and logic. Stupidity is too stupid to understand those concepts. You can only fight stupidity with greater stupdity. Fighting them with intelligence will only force you down to their level and there they will beat you with experience."

Or something like that... but it's true. Look at racism... and look at how long it's taken to make even this much progress against it. It wasn't from converting racists either.. it was from the youth of the nation continually rising up with their own ideals of equality and justice and replacing the previous generation who grew old, out of power, and died.

If you're going to confront this girl, you have to do it on her level, or the level of those she seeks social approval from.

opaopajr
Dec 20, 2005, 11:38 PM
i agree, you should have said something. but then i've been in the same position and passed up an opportunity myself, so live and learn.

that said, if you do see it again, just say something. perhaps like, "damn miss thang, you ever let up? screechin' like a harpy (insert cackling crow/crack-addled baboon/molested parrot/whatever if she's too stupid to know about a harpy) like that gets on everybody's last nerve -- shut yer trap already. so what if he's fat, at least he'll end up with someone who loves him 'cause they can get a moment's peace with him, than you who'll scare everyone away 'cause you talk too damn much, ya crazy bitch/cow/starfish/whatever." honestly, i wouldn't be half surprised if the rest of the bus applauds just to turn that damn wailing siren off.

besides, a bit of shaming does a person good if they are doing bad behavior. it beats letting it go on or beating them into submission.

Tkinc
Feb 3, 2006, 03:08 PM
Stand up- who are you doing this for- yourself? Then go on and stop the problems with your hands... I do things to help people- and that makes me happy- I want people to be loved- though I am not. I do things for the world to ensure some type of justice that will never come. My death will be forgotten as does others... but might-as-well help those in need and give them the help they desirve and become better people