PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Manga!

BlackRose
Sep 12, 2002, 09:57 PM
To complement the Comic Book thread... what's your favorite manga series?

For me, it's the Blade of the Immortal (Mugen nu Jyunnin) series by Hiroaki Samura. The artwork is oh-so-good, the plot can't be beat, and Manji kicks ass!

What's yours?

FinalMasterM
Sep 12, 2002, 10:00 PM
Love Hina, only manga I own as of right now...

Mazarin
Sep 12, 2002, 10:41 PM
Tenjo Tenge. By far. Ou Gureito (aka: Oh! Great) is my favorite artist. They way he draws EVERYTHING is incredible. There is a site that has translations. Try http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com sometime. EDIT: I just made one of his drawings my new sig http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The only other manga I have more of is all Gunsmith Cats
and a series called Kattenai Kaizo by Kohji Kumeta. I have up to 16 of that series. Anyone remember a LOOOOOOOONG time ago, I scanned a page of manga that had an Ancient Saber in a guy's ass? Then someone added new text to it? That was Kattenai Kaizo. Yeah, I have weird tastes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mazarin on 2002-09-12 20:47 ]</font>

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Sep 12, 2002, 10:46 PM
Knife Edge 2001 - A PSO hentai doujinshi smut manga. Best read with commentary from rotis, by the way, nyan.

Alielle
Sep 13, 2002, 01:53 AM
Paradise Kiss is my current favorite. I also like Battle Angel, and I'm getting into Chobits. I like manga a lot better than anime in most cases, but I sadly don't have a lot of money to spend on it. Otherwise, I'd have a huge collection.

neko-chan
Sep 13, 2002, 03:43 AM
I like Video Girl Ai.

Masakatzu Katsura drawings are really original and well done and I like the love story behind this manga.

DROID8
Sep 13, 2002, 03:49 AM
For me it's Armitage

Ness
Sep 13, 2002, 06:48 AM
On 2002-09-12 20:46, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
Knife Edge 2001 - A PSO hentai doujinshi smut manga.

PSO Hentai?? 0_o
That puts bad images in my head.

Anyway..
Here's my favorite mangas:
1. Oh My Goddess!
2. Dragonball
3. Dragonball Z
4. Evangelion
5. Samurai Girl

*Edit*
"I bet your dying to know what I changed"
Abdur during the battle of QueenBee

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2002-09-13 04:50 ]</font>

Daikarin
Sep 13, 2002, 06:53 AM
I like Dragon Ball, Ranma 1/2, Rurouni Kenshin, and a subtile manga known as Ironfist Chinmi/Tekken Chinmi. I would also say Tenchi Muyo, but I didn't grab hold of the manga yet.

Sion
Sep 13, 2002, 10:34 AM
The manga i really like is "Mint Na Bokura" i recomend it, it's really funny xD

Armiatge
Sep 13, 2002, 02:37 PM
The Akira manga! It made the movie look like complete crap. The Nausicaa of the Valley of the Winds manga, very good too. I really liked Gunnm (Battle Angel) too. Also, of course, the FLCL (Furi Kuri) Manga!!! I love you Haruko!

Deathscythealpha
Sep 13, 2002, 05:29 PM
Well, the best ive read so far is the Evangelion manga, seeing as the only other ive got is the two Gundam Wing Spin offs, Blind Target and Episode Zero, and ive read the first book of Ranma 1/2.

The Evangelion Manga is so much darker then the anime.

<spoilers>

Theres alot more death, like Toji actually being killed. Things dont always turn out nice and theres alot more emotions being showed, mainly cause you can see their thoughts.
Ive read further then i watched, so seeing how certain scenes were meant to be is kinda weird.