PDA

View Full Version : Searching...

zwandude15
Dec 15, 2005, 06:47 PM
Sorry to bump an old topic, but I just recently got in the mood to start hunting a Lavis, which was inspired by that topic about that 90% hit Lavis, and it got me thinking, i just want ONE, i dont care that it would have to have hit, i just want one at ALL!

Unfortunately, my Redria has already completed the Addicting Food Quest, and is a bit too weak right now to get through all of them =/ Any suggestions as of how to get it? I've considered all of the posts above, and i've considered Tollaws and frankly, i dont wanna hear it. Those people out there with dumb luck.............anyways, please, i'd love any suggestions at all, considering the fact that the Addicting Food quest is not available. Any excavations/personal experience would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

My apologies Ketchup, but I did realize my own bump yes?

EphekZ
Dec 15, 2005, 06:50 PM
Im quite sure soul of a black smith has the most poifully slimes....

Ryna
Dec 15, 2005, 06:53 PM
On 2005-12-15 15:47, zwandude15 wrote:
My apologies Ketchup, but I did realize my own bump yes?

Acknowledging that it is a bump doesn't change anything. Also, your post in that thread was sufficiently different from the original topic.

In regards to your question, are you able to play online? If so, TTF is a decent place to find Red Slimes.

zwandude15
Dec 15, 2005, 06:53 PM
Hmmm, i have heard this. Although I only mentioned Addicting Food because it featured 2 slimes in a room? I could definitely do SOAB though.....

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanx!

On 2005-12-15 15:53, Ryna wrote:

In regards to your question, are you able to play online? If so, TTF is a decent place to find Red Slimes.

I am strictly offline, i am terribly sorry for the inconvenience of not stating this. Offline only. Thanks Ryna for bringing that out =]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zwandude15 on 2005-12-15 15:55 ]</font>

Keiko_Seisha
Dec 15, 2005, 11:03 PM
Haha, I inspired someone, that's new to me. >_>

Anyways, I can't offer you much other than a good luck (no jinx) and stuff. Seeing as you've already been told the good quests to do.

LoveAndLunacy
Dec 16, 2005, 04:42 AM
Soul Of A Blacksmith also has two slimes in one room so is just as easy to pipe there, i do not have any ID except purplenum that can find the lavis so i am stuck with tollaws but i would still suggest using the Redria pouilly but its all down to luck, you might find it from first/second slime or even 50th/51st just depends on luck.
Cecil liceC

zwandude15
Dec 16, 2005, 03:18 PM
Hmmm, I was playing last night and Piped for a red slime, but no luck. Went through SOAB once and piped each slime along the way a good ten times.

However I did find it difficult to have one show up. I don't normally look up pouilly slimes, and often look for ANY other way to find an item/weapon rather than look up a slime. I personally find this particular enemy a bit tough to find, as i have seen more of EVERY other rare enemy as opposed to this one, do you agree? If anyone disagrees, and finds Pouilly slimes fairly easy to come across, please post ANY theories/methods of how to make one show up. The dang things always kill each other, i need to make sure i get the most to show up as possible.

A post above claimed there was a room with two slimes in a room in SOAB? By this, do you mean, in the same room, same time? Or clear one slime, and then another shows up? I have yet to see two slimes at once in this Guild....

Neith
Dec 16, 2005, 03:38 PM
Of course Pouilly Slimes are rare to encounter, Pofuilly Slimes aren't that common an enemy really.

When you pipe for these, I find it easier to use a 'fleshie'.

Find a room with a few (I know Addicting Food has a room with 2), and use one of the ways to split a slime (Ice Techs, Third hit of a combo- special attacks such as TP Stealing with a droid work well, since it'll just miss, so use Special/Special/Light.)

Once split a couple of times, if there's no Red Slime, pipe up to P2, and back down. After that, the slimes will reset (chance of Red Slime), and will be in their natural state, so split them again, and repeat this over and over again.

I've only ever seen 3 red slimes in my entire PSO gaming career, they are hard to get to turn up.

Plus, if I were hunting Lavis, I'd go for SOAB with the Purplenum Tollaw drop, since I'd like the sense of achievement I'd get http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif, but that's a different matter entirely.

Just keep piping/splitting, and one will show up eventually. Remember, the Redria Lavis drop is 1/21, so it'll likely take a while.

zwandude15
Dec 16, 2005, 03:57 PM
Okay, thank you very much Uriko. You've always helped me, and I continue to appreciate your advice. The TP stealing combo is a great idea, that i never gave thought to. Double Saber would work well then yes? Anyways, thanx again Uriko for your help. =D

Any other suggestions/personal experiences are welcome, and will be greatly appreciated.

Delfi
Dec 16, 2005, 08:45 PM
I have no techniques that i use for red slimes but i do come across quite a few of them in just normal/quest play without haveing to do quests over and over and without piping - as long as i split the blue ones i quite often see a red one.

Good luck with ur hunts.

elias_
Dec 17, 2005, 12:52 AM
i have already seen five of those red slimes looking for a guard wave, still no armor.

Stan
Dec 17, 2005, 08:56 AM
In my entire PSO carreer I have never (yes NEVER) seen a red slime http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
Not even through piping (got bored of that after 60 times with splitting)
*vaporates slimes*

Dragon_Knight
Dec 17, 2005, 09:25 AM
Stan- Heh don't feel too bad there are rare monsters I havn't seen even in the DC version. Like I only recently saw my first red slime (as in a couple of months ago) and my first love rappy. I have yet to see a Pal rappy. Althugh I did gwet a glimpse of my first mil lilly, too bad it was dying as I looked at it.

zwandude15
Dec 17, 2005, 11:10 PM
On 2005-12-16 21:52, elias_ wrote:
i have already seen five of those red slimes looking for a guard wave, still no armor.

Make a Greenill, Pal Rappies are much easier to find, and offer the same chance for Gaurd Wave. But still, how do you find 5 slimes in Ult!?! you make it sound so easy......i wish i had that kinda luck...

Staying on topic, found no Rare slimes today. I looked and looked; only a Nar Lily for an Addslot today....

elias_
Dec 18, 2005, 05:02 PM
[/quote]
Make a Greenill, Pal Rappies are much easier to find, and offer the same chance for Gaurd Wave. But still, how do you find 5 slimes in Ult!?! you make it sound so easy......i wish i had that kinda luck...

Staying on topic, found no Rare slimes today. I looked and looked; only a Nar Lily for an Addslot today....

[/quote]i would make a greenill but i don't feel like putting in all that time. i don't know how i found five so far. i was suprised once i saw two red slimes in SoaB. i just split and pipe every slime i see like 8-10 times hoping one will drop a guard wave. i've done the quest maybe 15 times so far. good luck. maybe it helps when you aren't looking for the slime?