PDA

View Full Version : Curve ball

Saiffy
Dec 16, 2005, 05:47 PM
If you're wrong about a lot of things you were so sure about, what's to say you'll be right about these sort of things in the future?

Over the past month, I've been upset about...something, basic teenage angst is all I'm taking it as, as that's all it is. I've been having real "heart to heart" talks with my parents lately, telling them some things they never knew, and perhaps just crying for a bit of attention.

One of the things, as many can guess I told them, was that I'm positive there's some homosexuality about me(inside me? no real good words for this). How much? As if I know, it's not important to me yet. I don't know how I got the "courage" to say anything about it, when I could've just stayed out of harms way and not said anything at all.

My mom and I were out driving, I guess she could tell something was bugging me, and asked. "I won't judge you Ryan", it just seemed natural to tell her, I knew she would be far more understanding than my dad(at the time, I was assuming what my dad would think). I could tell she was, perhaps slightly dissapointed, natural I assume, but she didn't care that I was, and supports it. I was wrong here, I really thought she wouldn't like it.

I told her not to tell my dad, the idea of him knowing, the family he was raised from...I couldn't imagine his reaction, except I wouldn't like it. Perhaps it's for the reason she'd know how he was going to react better than me, but she told my dad(Or atleast she said she did, my father has yet to say anything about it, nor am I about to bring it up). She told me he was ok with it...I was sadly mistaken, twice, about people I've known all my life.

There's no real basis for this rant, I'm not looking for advice or anything, just wanna type some stuff up, and whore up people's time.

Rion772
Dec 16, 2005, 07:57 PM
I'm not gay but there're things I wish I had the courage to tell my parents. This one main thing will be taken care of in the spring so as it gets closer I get more nervous about the fact that they'll find out. It's not that I think that they'll frown upon it, I didn't do anything, it's something physical. I'm 90% positive it's nothing because it doesn't affect me at all, it couldn't hurt to have it looked at though. Hopefully it's not serious, and good luck with your dad.

Niki
Dec 16, 2005, 08:10 PM
To the Romans, 'truth' was veritas, a singular concept known only to the will of the universe, something to be striven for by humans who wished to touch the glory of the gods. To the Greeks, 'truth' was althea, a summing of the subjective experience up to that very moment in time, one that could easily be replaced by the whim of those [more or less] same deities.

i've always been partial to the Greeks.

Its not my place to say whether or not you should be [pleasantly?] surprised that your parents love you, but no matter what anyone says [even myself, i guess ^_^'], its my opinion that you should be yourself, whoever that is. Hopefully you will be happy with that.

Eihwaz
Dec 16, 2005, 08:12 PM
Well, seeing as how from what you've told me, you're actually bisexual, I can't imagine your dad getting too angry. Just explain to him how you're interested not only in chicks, but dudes as well.

...Of course, he might go the annoying route and constantly try to "make you" totally straight by showering you with copies of Hustler and double dates with girls he approves of. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif