PDA

View Full Version : Trading Spouses 12/14/05

InfinityXXX
Dec 17, 2005, 01:12 AM
I'm late posting this but this post is referring to the show "Trading Spouses".....espisode that premiered on Thursday.

If you don't know what it is, its a reality show on FOX in which one family trades their spouse with a spouse of another family for a few weeks.

In this episode it was a lower middle class black family that swaped their wife for the wife of a rich white family.

I must say...that BOTH of these families pissed me off!

The only people that had some sense were the wife of the lower middle class family and her daughter.

The Lower Middle Class family:
The rich wife went to this family and this family is so messed up. There are 3 kids and a daughter. The first 2 born are grown and the daugther is the youngest but theres the youngest son. He goes by the name of CashFlow and wants to be a rapper and he walks around the house like hes all hard and tough.

What made it bad was that the Father of the family whole life REVOLVED around CashFlow. He's unemployed but says hes his son's Manager but he neglects all the other kids.

The father also made me mad because he brought the kids and the rich wife to a park in Harlem around night and told the rich wife to wait at a certain spot and then LEFT HER THERE THE WHOLE TIME THEY STAYED AT THE PARK! That was really rude but the rich woman made me mad though...

....Your not stranded on no foreign island. Your still in America! She refused to go to get some coffee right across the street just because she saw nothing but black people. Then at the park, though I felt it was wrong to leave her by herself, she didn't have to stay at the same spot, so tensed up, and nervouse looking from sunup to sundown. Your not gonna die if you walk around!

Also this woman made me mad even more when they were driving to the park and the stopped at Malcolm X street and she asked who Malcolm was. This very thing didn't make me mad but when she had the nerve to say, "Is that the one that sat on the bus?" I was like, Jah, help that woman.

The Rich Family

The rich family made me sick. The wife from the lower middleclass family stayed with this family of 4 daughters and a husband.

I didn't like anyone except the wife.

First thing in the morning the husband woke the middle classed wife up and made her do his laundry and clean up all sorts of stuff and in the end, she finds out THAT HE HAS A PAID MAID!

Then the daughters are so disrespectufl. They cuss in the house, and tease the youngest girl and make fun of their dad, nothing but spoiled rich girls.

SO this is what just got me outraged. The wife from the other house held a meeting and said she wanted to change some things. She told the daughters they were disrespectful to their dad and themselves and the daughters went into bitch mode. They yelled at the wife, some were crying, saying they weren't disrespectful.(Hmmm... thats very respectful, arguing with a guest whos an adult *sarcasm*)

And their father had the nerve to defend them and their behavior but was caught in his own lie. He said to the wife, "I wouldn't say the disrespect me, they....umm...."

He couldn't even finish his sentence.

Hah, I can't wait till part 2 of the epsiode come on next week.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 17, 2005, 04:24 AM
That sounds bad, but hey now, when is "Reality TV" ever a true respresentation of reality?

Scripted shows are very common in this genre.

Scripted "improv" comedy shows, scripted dating shows, etc.

Man, I need to become a script writer and bank on this trend. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

There's always that trading spouses skit on Chappelle's show to fall back on. "I'm from the streets! G-g-g-g-g-unit!" http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
-

In that train of thought, Season 3 commercials are being shown on Comedy Central.

Did they just piece together what they had to show on TV? (likely to have happened) "Coming in 2006," or did Dave go back to doing the show? (unlikely)

InfinityXXX
Dec 17, 2005, 12:28 PM
Before Dave quit he had some episodes of season 3 finished so I guess there using that for it. It will be nice to have him back though.

Blitzkommando
Dec 18, 2005, 12:09 AM
On 2005-12-17 01:24, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
That sounds bad, but hey now, when is "Reality TV" ever a true respresentation of reality?

Quoted for emphasis.

Haven't had the inkling to watch most television shows for a number of years now. I can't think of any reason to start watching again either. I just don't understand how people can force themselves to sit through most of what is on television.

EphekZ
Dec 18, 2005, 01:50 AM
On 2005-12-17 21:09, Norvekh wrote:

On 2005-12-17 01:24, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

Quoted for emphasis.

Haven't had the inkling to watch most television shows for a number of years now. I can't think of any reason to start watching again either. I just don't understand how people can force themselves to sit through most of what is on television.

quoted for truth

geewj
Dec 18, 2005, 03:08 AM
On 2005-12-16 22:12, InfinityXXX wrote:
Hah, I can't wait till part 2 of the epsiode come on next week.

Sounds like FOX got what they wanted.

rena-ko
Dec 18, 2005, 07:31 AM
wait wait... that shit of a show gets aired over here for over a year now... o_o

my condolences...

Jehosaphaty
Dec 19, 2005, 08:11 PM
trading spouses is weak compared to the shat aired on super sweet sixteen on mtv. brats.

WraithVerge
Dec 20, 2005, 02:42 AM
I've almost come to the point where I've stopped watching TV altogether. I've seen and met enough stupid people to last me a lifetime. Of course, I do watch "Who's Line Is It Anyway?" on occasion.