PDA

View Full Version : X-mas present idea

FIDELCASTRO
Dec 17, 2005, 04:50 PM
i need a present for the typical dad

the one that refuses to admit he needs a present, but you want to get him one.

Anything less than $50 would be appreciated

ABDUR101
Dec 17, 2005, 05:20 PM
Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

Anyway, if your father is anything like me, when I say I don't want anything, or there isn't anything I need that someone could get me as a gift, I'd much prefer the nothing that I asked for, as opposed to a something that I don't want or don't have a use for.

It's the thought that counts, but I'm one who thinks the money spent/wasted on a gift I did'nt/don't want is much better spent on things are a certain(like something for yourself, or someone who actually gives an answer to what they reaaaallly want.

LoveAndLunacy
Dec 17, 2005, 05:29 PM
Slippers yeah always goes down well!
Cecil liceC

DizzyDi
Dec 17, 2005, 05:52 PM
Things that come to my mind are some cologne, a watch, a mug, a robe. Is there anything he needs to have replaced? Like maybe he lost some tools from his tool set, so you'd buy him a new tool set. Think simple.

Wyndham
Dec 17, 2005, 07:02 PM
if it was my dad, I'd get him something old for nostalgia purposes.
my dad LOVED Mario bros. 3.
but i'm not sure your dad did, so prolly not that.

Jehosaphaty
Dec 17, 2005, 07:06 PM
gift certificate. preferably lowes or home depot.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 19, 2005, 02:44 PM
On 2005-12-17 16:02, Oran1324 wrote:
if it was my dad, I'd get him something old for nostalgia purposes.
my dad LOVED Mario bros. 3.
but i'm not sure your dad did, so prolly not that.

My dad also loved the Mario Bros. 3, stayingup late forgoing sleep to play it.

I wonder what makes it such a dad game. Heh.

Basically you can get ideas from your family members or by checking out his room or something.

You might see something he's missing or you think he would need or you might get a good suggestion from your mom or someone else. A gift card to a store he frequents is also a good idea. Let him buy what he wants at a favorite store of his with your gift card present.

And for the "person who has everything" there's nothing wrong with a joke gift eh? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Save the reciept also in case you have to return it anyway.

rena-ko
Dec 19, 2005, 04:12 PM
socks.

CupOfCoffee
Dec 19, 2005, 04:54 PM
I'm gonna have to second the slippers notion. I mean, check out these bad boys. I'm wearing them right now. Best gift ever.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/super_aurra/maxshoes.jpg

(I'm holding the living cat to contrast the inanimate slippers in some sort of annoying artistic statement)

Rion772
Dec 19, 2005, 05:50 PM
I second (3rd?) the tools idea, I'd get my dad tools. My dad has a sh*tload of tools, so it's hard to find something he doesn't have yet. Dads usually like to or don't like but still do fix things around the house so tools are perfect, if not then just go for the gift certificate for home depot.