PDA

View Full Version : Who has left their xmas shopping late?

goku4ever
Dec 17, 2005, 05:16 PM
I know I have, I still need to get something else for my Mum, and my brother and possibly my Dad.

Jehosaphaty
Dec 17, 2005, 07:07 PM
i still need to grab simon birch for my girlfriend, other than that, im pretty much done. i hate holiday shopping.

CupOfCoffee
Dec 17, 2005, 08:03 PM
-_- *raises hand*

I've already blown through $140 on just two people, and I still have a couple left. Ugh. I miss the carefree days when the only gifts came from one's parents and nobody expected anything more of their friends than maybe a few games of Mario Kart or an afternoon spent sledding.

Getintothegame
Dec 17, 2005, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I actually might not get it done this year. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kuea
Dec 17, 2005, 09:15 PM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Well I'm done all my shoppign except for one person

I need to get somethign for my sister

not sure if it's gonne be slippers or that batman set that has all the batman movies in it <_<

Skett
Dec 17, 2005, 11:29 PM
Yeah, but only because I'm low on money so I have to wait until I get more. I got most of my shopping for my family done though. All that's left is my dad and all my friends.

Blitzkommando
Dec 18, 2005, 01:05 AM
I didn't have my money for the shopping until today. I'm likely going out tomorrow and Thursday afternoon to do the shopping. Hopefully by then my aches will have passed.

Forte1224
Dec 18, 2005, 01:29 AM
Ugh. Still have a few people left. I'm going to go shop with her since I couldn't decide what to get her myself. ;;

astuarlen
Dec 18, 2005, 02:10 AM
M'family and I are boycotting the whole Christmas gifts thing--which is easy when you have no money. Doubt there will be a tree going up, either, considering the laziness levels around here. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif But, anyway, is it really so late? C'mon, there's still one week until the Big Day. 'f ye ask me, it's not last-minute until after the 25th.

geewj
Dec 18, 2005, 03:10 AM
I don't consider christmas shopping late until December 25th. And I plan on doing it (or making the gifts) just before then. Or Course there are exceptions, but I am reffering to the bulk of the gifts.

Alielle
Dec 18, 2005, 04:29 AM
I hadn't been able to shop for anyone until a couple days ago, since I was up to my ears in work. I hope Amazon ships their stuff fast. >_>

rena-ko
Dec 18, 2005, 07:43 AM
yeah, had to rely on online stores as well... just need one more thing i couldnt track down... might be troublesome when i have to work when shops are open.

navci
Dec 18, 2005, 11:07 PM
I am not doing Christmas shopping.
Well. No money, being in retail I also have no time. So, whatever.

Saiffy
Dec 18, 2005, 11:32 PM
Everything is cheaper on Boxing day, so why not wait a day for gifts?

That is to say, I'm all done now except my dad, which'll be easy >.>

Rion772
Dec 19, 2005, 08:20 PM
To make your parents holidays really special over-wrap their gifts. For my mom I got her a ring, I taped the box shut several times, then used thin ribbons and double knotted each one, each ribbon went around the box about 4 times, I used atleast 3 ribbons at a time. Then I taped over the ribbons and wrapped it. After I wrapped it I re-ribboned it to tape it again then wrapped again. Then I taped a Burger King ranch dressing packet to the bottom of it and wrapped it again just to re tape it like a beast. Last year my cousin's hoodie (sweatshirt) got garbage bagged 65 times and each time the bag was duct taped, then a new bag was put over the previous and duct taped once again. It's a long grueling process to super-wrap a present but just think, they get super psyched over a huge present then after about an hour of unwrapping they get to the center to get the true present, it's hilarious.

Sharkyland
Dec 19, 2005, 08:25 PM
Who's left?

- Sister & Her Husband -done-
- Dad -done-
- Secret Santa w/ cousins -done-
- Secret Santa @ work -still working on-
- Friend #1 (friend & girlfriend) -done-
- Friend #2 (friend) -done-
- Mom -still working on-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2005-12-19 17:27 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Dec 19, 2005, 09:25 PM
I'm done, as soon as my brother's gets here (Amazon's estimated delivery date: 23rd). Then I just need to do quick and crappy wrapping job, and I'll be set.

I've actually had some people done for a few months. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Edit: Brther's gift came today. Now just to wrap it all!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-12-20 18:43 ]</font>

ZulfiqarTheIV
Dec 21, 2005, 11:40 PM
Most of it's done, I got my wife a necklace today. Freaking thing cost me eight hundred smackeroos. Going to go to walmart at two in the morning to finish up the rest.

navci
Dec 22, 2005, 01:52 PM
On 2005-12-19 17:20, Rion772 wrote:
To make your parents holidays really special over-wrap their gifts. For my mom I got her a ring, I taped the box shut several times, then used thin ribbons and double knotted each one, each ribbon went around the box about 4 times, I used atleast 3 ribbons at a time. Then I taped over the ribbons and wrapped it. After I wrapped it I re-ribboned it to tape it again then wrapped again. Then I taped a Burger King ranch dressing packet to the bottom of it and wrapped it again just to re tape it like a beast. Last year my cousin's hoodie (sweatshirt) got garbage bagged 65 times and each time the bag was duct taped, then a new bag was put over the previous and duct taped once again. It's a long grueling process to super-wrap a present but just think, they get super psyched over a huge present then after about an hour of unwrapping they get to the center to get the true present, it's hilarious.

Christmas is a waste of resources, and you just do it to the extreme. >.>

Rion772
Dec 22, 2005, 03:12 PM
On 2005-12-22 10:52, navinator wrote:

Yes, but I have fun, I have the money, so it doesn't matter. No one gets hurt, it's just fun to watch people try figure out ways to unwrap their gift.

It's not like I'm throwing bars of gold away.

goku4ever
Dec 22, 2005, 06:24 PM
On 2005-12-22 12:12, Rion772 wrote:

On 2005-12-22 10:52, navinator wrote:

Yes, but I have fun, I have the money, so it doesn't matter. No one gets hurt, it's just fun to watch people try figure out ways to unwrap their gift.

It's not like I'm throwing bars of gold away.

aarg, think about the environment please! All that paper going to waste to cover a present just to be thrown away.