PDA

View Full Version : level 200

matizzle87
Dec 18, 2005, 12:56 PM
Ey folks,

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it to spend all these hours to become level 200.. You see, the level of my main character is 190 and the amount of experience points required to level up has gotten so high.. It's starting to get boring..

I have always played the game offline (on the gamecube) and I've gotten many items that I've always wanted.. Me and some friends of mine always had some kind of competition of having the greatest items and being the highest level.. We all played it offline.. After a long time my level increased higher and higher.. untill my friends gave up trying to be the highest level.. Like 3 months ago the last one of my friends that played PSO also stopped.. Since then I've been the only remaining PSO-player..

Now I have no fun anymore at training my character.. That's really too bad.. If that PSO license just hadn't had to be paid with a creditcard I could have gone online and gain EXP and share my passion only.

But sometimes it's like the game is calling for me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and I consider playing it again cause it has always been my dream to become level 200 with my main charr..

Do you think it's worth it?

Skorpius
Dec 18, 2005, 12:59 PM
On 2005-12-18 09:56, matizzle87 wrote:
Do you think it's worth it?

Do you?

matizzle87
Dec 18, 2005, 01:01 PM
I dunno.. I wonder how you guys feel about this..

Dhylec
Dec 18, 2005, 01:31 PM
Reaching lv200 is to show that you are a hardcore player. The one who is driven by more than liking to the game, but more like an obsession. It's strong motivation & dedication with countless hours, plus luck. Yes, the luck of not encountering a corruption during those hours.

I only wanted to get to lv180 or 182, but I never got there. With over 12 chars over lv40, an aging GC coupled with an online Fsod that killed 4 of my mid-ranged chars (for the 2nd time), my interest faded before I managed to get my highest to lv180.

Seeing someone reaching lv200 is mixed feelings for me. "You are crazy about the game & I admire you for your devotion, you lucky SOB." ;D

Feelmirath
Dec 18, 2005, 03:16 PM
Well, if you feel a sense of satisfaction, or see reaching lvl 200 as a bragging right, then do it!

AxelgearVII
Dec 18, 2005, 07:19 PM
For a game that never really ends, level 200 to me is gaining the right to say "Im finally finished." Anything else I decide to do after that is totally optional. Just my opinion.

Fossil
Dec 18, 2005, 07:23 PM
Level 200 is just something to be satisfied with. It's a long and tedious process to do, but knowing you did something very few could ever do, it's great to know you accomplished something worth the while. Even if it's a video game. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Delfi
Dec 18, 2005, 09:21 PM
You made it to level 190 - It would be a great shame not to get the last 10 levels in fact id say it would criminal.

Dre_o
Dec 19, 2005, 12:40 AM
Level 200 is a mark. For you and your characters. If you are legit, it says that you are among the best. If you are not, I pity you, but that is beside the point. (and frankly, just my opinion.)

But I agree with Delfi, not gaining those 10 levels would be criminal and pathetic.

LoveAndLunacy
Dec 19, 2005, 05:15 AM
At about level 180 something though you are only half way to level 200 so them last 10 levels might drag on a bit, but if you were a true PSO player then you would make it your duty to get to level 200.
Cecil liceC

Dana
Dec 20, 2005, 02:46 PM
i enjoyed spending 931:36 huors on Dana, every second too, she actualy has more, as i have played with her some, and i am aimding for 200 on BB too...

jnblz316
Dec 20, 2005, 11:02 PM
Well it's based on weather you think it's worth it ot not. Don't go by what other people think about it. Your always going to get different opinion about the subject. So if you think it boring and not worth it then don't do it. But if down the road you feel like you want to get back in it and try 200 then go for it. I would just take a break and see weather you want to achieve 200 before PSU comes out and takes over your life ^_^

dragoon-girl
Dec 25, 2005, 07:04 PM
If that PSO license just hadn't had to be paid with a creditcard I could have gone online and gain EXP and share my passion only.
Got a debit card?

or a BB adapter or 56k adapter even..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragoon-girl on 2005-12-25 16:05 ]</font>

vivaldi469
Dec 28, 2005, 12:13 AM
I say go for it, you'll regret it if you don't get it before PSU comes out. I'm only 183 and I'm still gunning to be 200 before Spring.

whiteninja
Dec 28, 2005, 01:22 AM
Get it. You will get bragging rights supreme. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I sent you a PM... please check your inbox. The message saying you have a new PM does not always appear.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 28, 2005, 08:23 AM
I've run across two lv 19X HUcasts on DC.

I asked what kinda equipment they had and it turns out they had those created 180% to one monster attribute weapons, Imperial Pick for both.

This could be seen as an easy way out, cheating to get an item to get to lv 200 (without using the instant lv 200 codes though).

But others might see it as even necessary due to the gameplay in DC: You could max your base stats well before lv 200, strong items were true rarities-considering % made a lot more difference than it does now, and the majority of the playing population being bad people in general.

If you decide to do it, do it for your own reasons.

For many of us PSO is a career rather than a simple game to finish and be done with. There seems to be too much to do at times yet that "get to level 200" goal tops the list everytime, right?

Its something not every PSO player gets to accomplish, but at the same time the old adage goes:
"If its boring you, why are you still doing it?"

matizzle87
Dec 28, 2005, 03:08 PM
Well guys, I've started training my charr again. I am level 191 now.. Thanks for replying.. it kinda helped me out..

By the way 'Whiteninja' , I have mailed you on your hotmail... Plz read it okay? Thnx m8..